Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Land of Endless Greed (Day 7 Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 pm 

One thing Yasuhiro had learned in his past few days in the city, was that it seemed absolutely full of merchants. Someone seemed to always wish to sell him something. He did his best to avoid the clawing hands of the merchants as he approached the,resturant where he was supposed to meet his Captain.

The young Lion didnt know what paella was, but he needed to try some foreign foods, and here seemed as good as anywhere. Especially since it was fairly near Where both he and Suihime were staying.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Land of Endless Greed (Day 7 Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm 

It had been a rather unenjoyable start to the morning for Suihime. Between duels and large water creatures, it really felt like nothing had started well. Going to a strange gaijin food place at least would be a step up on the days interactions. Hopefully

She walked through the streets, her opinion the opposite of Yasuhiro's in that she found the places fascinating. So many original things on sale, she could have easily found herself drawn into it if she didn't have a meeting. However, she did arrive later than the man, so perhaps some had grabbed her attention after all. She pushed nothing at the markets however.

As she drew close, she gave the man a bow and a small smile. "Matsu-san, good afternoon. I hope you are well?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 pm 

Hers were the type of reaction that worried the Lion most, too much interest in this place was dangerous, at least to a degree. He hadn't noticed them of course, as he was waiting outside the curious restaurant, but if he had, he might of voiced his concerns.

"Miya-sama." He greeted her with a polite bow. "I am well." He'd already attended to his cut earlier this day after all. "I hope you can say the same?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 am 

"I am well, although I certainly hope the day improves from here" Suihime replied, the man would know what she meant "shall we go inside? I haven't heard of this place, so it will be an interesting experience."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am 

"I have no idea what the even serve Miya-sama, so I believe it will be interesting for the both of us." The young Lion replied gesturing for her to lead the way inside. "Have you been getting used to the city yet? I admit I haven't spent as much time in it as I should."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 am 

"It has been quite an experience, learning the new cultures. I am...adjusting, trying to avoid offending those around us" Suihime commented as they entered "my home has some writing left from its previous owner that I cannot translate, so it's proving to be a challenge. I need to locate a source of information on the writing of the sands to see if I can translate it."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am 

"Writing? Like he left behind some books or scrolls?" Yasuhiro asked as the entered the establishment. If Kitsu-sama had not gone missing, he'd have suggested Suihime go visit him, as it were though....

"I can't say I know anyone with much knowledge about the sands... So I couldn't even begin to give you any suggestions on where to look. Perhaps one of the churches? You may be able to find some learned individuals there."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 pm 

"I have considered the churches, although the last time I was at one, it was a rather uncomfortable experience" Suihime nodded with a small frown, remembering the woman trying to convert her "I may have no other option though."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm 

"You said you met with a Unicorn religious leader didn't you." He mused thoughtfully. "If you don't want to return to that church I understand. Perhaps I can go in your place."

"I'd suggest checking the other though. There faith is rather peculiar, and not one I can completely understand. They did not try to convert me though. Added to that it's apparently used as a place of learning as well."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm 

"I would rather not come across her again. Plus, she made it clear I was not welcome" Suihime looked curious "another temple? Which one?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 pm 

"The temple to Karushisu." The Lion offered in explanation. "It's not too far from here honestly, I could give you directions after we eat if you like." Entering the restaurant he took a brief look around before finding a place to sit.

"Have you eaten this type of food before?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 pm 

"Oh" Suihime shook her head "I thought I had missed one within this city. I know where that one is, I hadn't considered it. I'll have to pay it a visit, thank you" she smiled, motioning to some seats near the entrance to sit "I cannot say I have had this before. It's...quite different to what we have from home, ne?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:37 pm 

"That goes for most things here Miya-sama. I've been having quite the difficult time finding things to eat that aren't unclean." More then once he'd also visited the priest to be properly purified. "Luckily, fish and other seafood are readily available, even if I have to do a majority of the cooking myself."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm 

"I take it you are not enjoying this voyage?" Suihime asked, looking at the man "I can understand some of the reasoning. Today has been...quite uncomfortable for yourself I'm sure."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:40 pm 

"Enjoyment has little to do with it Miya-sama, I'm merely here to do my duty." The Matsu offered evenly, though he was more convinced day by day that it would be wise for the Lion to withdraw their support from the explorers. "As for the day being uncomfortable? I can't say it's been much more uncomfortable them most others."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:51 am 

"I see" Suihime nodded, understanding "you still have a place on my ship though Matsu-san. Regardless of the outcome of the duel. I want you to know this."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:17 am 

"Thank you." He smiled slightly. "Though it might be a bit strange, I think the men may still look for my orders at times." The lion raised his hand to wave over a waitress. "Should we just order whatever they have as a special?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:07 pm 

"That's because you are a natural leader, Matsu-san" Suihime said with a smile and a nod "as one would expect from the Lion. I certainly trust you aboard my vessel."

At the suggestion of the special, she said "perhaps after we ask what it is?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 am 

He'd never thought of himself as much of a leader, he wasn't going to argue with the Imperial though, especially over something so pointless. "Probably best to figure it out." He agreed with a nod before waving over one of the waitstaff.

"I wonder if they serve tea, or if it's only that peculiar tasting coffee stuff."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:15 am 

"You would be surprised at the usefulness of coffee" Suihime offered as Yasuhiro waved someone over.

(Ooc - we need gm now?)

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next