Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: (Day 4: LA) Bakhlava and Colorful paints!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:33 pm 

Exploring the city ever deeper, Susumu reached the Painted Square a few hours before the restaurants would normally be filled by customers looking for their evening meal. To his delight he stumbled upon a shop selling his favored desert as he was wandering about eyeing the mosaic.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: (Day 4: LA) Bakhlava and Colorful paints!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 pm 

The day had been more exhausting than anticipated. She'd seen to Bishounen and would visit the stable again before turning in. Now it was Tristan's chance to get some attention, and she found herself heading in the direction of The Painted Square. There would undoubtedly be talk of the newcomers. It would be good to hear what others had to say.

Or she could just speak to one of them herself. A man standing at a vendor with a Wakizashi on his hip. She strode softly over and stood next to him, though not too close. Her papillon followed behind. It was a place to buy sweets. Surely they would have something she could treat her dog with. She looked over at the man beside her.

"Forgive the intrusion. I see the wakizashi at your side. Did you come in on the ships?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:21 pm 

He had finally settled on one to pick when the stunning woman came to talk to him...in Rokugani? He turned and looked her over, curious.

''Yes, yes I did. I am Gusai Susumu of the Mantis Clan, Captain of the Walrus'' he gave her a smile then a respectful bow

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:50 pm 

Looking at him now she could see he was quite attractive. She bowed in return and smiled. "I am Ide Akaichou of clan Ki-Rin. It is an honor to meet you, Captain."

Her brow furrowed for only a moment. "Are you injured? Forgive me for not asking straight away."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:56 pm 

The mantis chuckled ''There is nothing to apologise about''

''Yes I am somewhat: trip was hazardous and I just learned that the streets or not quite so safe''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:33 pm 

Akaichou looked concerned. "You mean to say you went through a shipwreck only to be mistreated here?" She had been out helping people from mid-morning. It scratched at her decency that others were pilfering their way through a tragedy.

"Are your people recovering?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:41 pm 

He raised a hand to reassure her

''I fell into a trap I should have known better to avoid.'' he replied somewhat apologetic

''As for my ship I can assure you it was not wrecked, and my only missing crew member was safely recovered on the shores of this island''

He gave her a bow

''My heart is warmed by your concern, you truly are a daughter of Lady Shinjo''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:06 pm 

"I am glad your people are as well, as is your ship, Good Captain. And thank you, that is a great kindness you pay me." She dipped her head and tried not to blush. To be told one is doing honor to their goddess is not an everyday compliment.

"I hope you take no offense, but I am unfamiliar with the Mantis. Perhaps you could tell me about them?"

At her feet, Tristan began doing circles, telling her he was waiting. She looked down and laughed quietly before ordering something he could safely eat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:18 pm 

''Certainly Ide-sama.'' he started to delve in his memories to paint a accurate portrait of his clan's history

''The Mantis might be the oldest minor clan or the Emerald Empire event if we we not recognised as such for a long time. The Mantis Clan was founded in 80 by Kaimetsu-Uo, the son of Hida Osano-Wo, after Osano-Wo elected to give leadership of the Crab Clan to his illegitimate son, Hida Kenzan. Kaimetsu-Uo's mother, Matsu Kyoda, was outraged, and though her son bore his brother and father no ill will, Kaimetsu-Uo left the Crab lands, taking his mother and a few loyal Lion and Crab with them. They traveled to a group of islands off the eastern coast of Rokugan, later known as the Islands of Spice and Silk, where they settled and formed the Mantis.''

He stroke his trimmed beard

''We were finally recognised in...429 and given the name Gusai after the Champion of the time''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:58 pm 

Akaichou's violet eyes sparkled. There was so much history to learn! It might seem odd to be excited by that, but she was always interested in furthering her knowledge. Having a place to start with the newcomers would certainly help!

"An island people! It is no wonder you are well. I'm glad." She finished her transaction and gave Tristan a taste of the satisfaction he'd been yearning for.

"I recall visiting the Ivory Kingdom. Their beaches and and green were amazing. I should like to go back someday and learn the language. Did you..." she started before thinking of a way to convey her meaning in words she actually knew. "Were there such beaches and green where you were raised?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14 pm 

''The Mantis islands are similar and yet quite different at the same time.'' He replied, his curiosity picked

''But what about the Kir-Rin, Ide-sama? Most people of Rokugan have had no knowledge of your clan after it's departure. Meeting you here is quite unexpected!''

While it had not been apparent at first, he seemed truly surprised to meet one of the long lost clan.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:25 am 

"I have been getting that impression, yes." Akaichou bowed her head and smiled. Now how to tell the history with words she knew. She had been able to follow the Mantis and his history through inflection and context. You don't learn to speak five languages without also learning this skill.

"Forgive me if I stumble, Gusai-sama. I am not yet fluent in Rokugani." Her eyes met his, in between feeding Tristan who was becoming impatient with his mistress.

"Our clan arrived fully united around Shinjo. However, it didn't last as we met with many challenges. We broke off into 4 groups. The Ide and the Moto traveled together and it was not until 475 that we all became reunited. But as a result we completed our task as we covered most of the unknown world. I lived in the Jewel as a child, but my Father took me with him to his... jobs? He is an Emissary like me, so I have traveled quite a bit."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:19 pm 

Meeting his eyes she could see a parcelle of wonder in them

''You saw the world? I must admit I envy you''

Then a smirk came

''You say you want to speak Invidi, yes? Forgive me if I am too forward with this but perhaps we could learn from each other? I know the language well enough to converse in it and I would enjoy learning the language''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:00 pm 

This time the sparkle was hers, emanating clearly from her violet eyes. She smiled brightly.

"Gusai-sama, you have found my weakness. In school, I spent many hours than I should have with the Suio learning translation. I would love to learn Invidi, as well as Rokugani from a native speaker. What language are you interested in? I am fluent in Merenaese and my mother tongue Mekhem. I am conversational in Yobanjin and Ujik-hai. My hosts might be fluent in Invidi. They spent a great deal of time in the Ivory Kingdoms. We could all learn together? Or at least include them for Invidi lessons."

An attractive Rokugani ship captain with an interest in languages. This was turning out to be quite the introduction.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 pm 

He smiled wide and gave her a bow

''If this arrangement pleases you then it will please me as well. I must warn you that I make a poor scholar: sailing and trade are my strongest point.''

A rare note of humility in his character but he was not a liar.

''Might I ask who are your employers?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:23 pm 

She bowed in return. "Both important skills. The hosts I mentioned are friends of my Father, and now of my family. I have been staying with them as I wait for my new job. I am certain they will be most interested to entertain and learn from a native Rokugani."

"I hope I do not presume, but I cannot help but wonder about what lead all of you here. I have never heard of... many ships sailing united from Rokugan." Not knowing the word for expedition, Akaichou could only hope he knew what she meant.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 pm 

''It is indeed a rare occurence, but one that might herald great change for us.''

He looked upward and bopped his nose, thinking, before continuing

''Rokugan alway was closed on itself but Prince Jama aims to change that and I support him in this. There is much to say on this but I can say that my clan wish to do something not unlike the Ki-rin and sail to the world's end and back to see it whole.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:31 am 

"I'm sure the Ki-Rin will be happy to support you and the other Rokugani that wish to see the world." She smiled at the Mantis. "Opening to new... Hmm... What's the word... life events? Those who are open to new things and people and cultures... I believe this helps them greatly."

Her eyes inevitably turned to something that had immediately caught her eye. "If I may ask. Your Wakizashi. It looks much newer than my family's. Are they still made in Rokugan?" She also wondered about the significance of everyone wearing them rather than keeping them safely at home, but she would ask about that later.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:11 pm 

He looked down at his blade

''Of course Ide-sama, every clan still practice the ancestral art.'' He looked up at her, curious and got his finger of jade out, carved to the image of Osano-wo

''I am under the impression that jade would be rare outside of Rokugan, does your clan still possess some?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 pm 

Dazzling green filled her eyes with what bordered on awe. "It's beautiful..." she breathed. Coming back to herself she blinked and smiled. "Yes, it is rare, though a few in our clan possess it. I have seen it a few of times, but never worn. Usually it is in a place of honor in one's home." she told him honestly.

"Is this something many people have?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next