Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [LM 4] First meeting.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 am 

Akaichou did her best to help the new riders without looking like she was helping. She carefully tucked the few belongings the group had left into the saddlebags, casting a smile before moving to pet her steed to ensure he knew things were as they should be. These people were allowed near him.

With a nod to Akarei, she took the reins and began leading Bishounen back the way they'd come, the hoof prints having long since washed away. She guided a slow, gentle pace so that the masked woman might keep up and appear none-the-worse for it. Quickly, they got to the deeper waters. With the tide going out, it was only about waist-deep for her and her steed would have no trouble, but she did silently worry for the one walking.

"If you see anything thing that belongs to you on the beaches, please call it out. I can carry a few things for you, and Bishounen can do the rest," she tried to say with a smile. It was terrible to think that these people had lost nearly everything.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:14 am 

Once she was on the horse, Hikari took out a spell scroll. She had no idea how the Ide would react to what she was about to do, but it didn't really matter. She was not at her best, and even if calling upon the kami was difficult under these circumstances... damn near impossible even... she nonetheless had to try.

Offering up the words of prayer, the fire kami did in fact respond to her call... strengthening her mental faculties enough that she felt it might help her stay focused... and through that focus help others.

At some point on their way to... wherever... Hikari told them to stop, dismounting to try and patch up some random crewmember who seemed much less bad off than she herself was. Unfortunately she could not help him. At least not truly; though the effort itself was perhaps enough to lift his spirits. It wasn't every day you got patched up by a princess, after all.

"Alright," she said, "back on the horse I guess."

Spellcasting: Mental Quickness, 2 raises for sparse kami, Mastery, Crippled, VOID TN45: 9d10o10k5 47
Intelligence/Medicine Crippled, TN40, VOID(+1k1), Mental Quickness: 7d10o10k6 29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:22 am 

The Yogo found herself barraged by the waves as she walked through. She held her satchel and wakizashi above her as she inadvertently drank in some sea water. A few bitter coughs came from her until she was able to come onto stable ground.

"Cursed ocean could afford to give us a reprieve," she spat out as she took her breaths.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:59 pm 

Just after they had crossed back over, Isamu thought he saw something off to the side and decided to try and make a grab for it. It was a bit of a swim, but he wasn't about to show weakness in front of the gaijin. Upon reaching it, however, it turned out to be more random worthless flotsam. He definitely regretted putting in the effort to go over there. He went back to grumbling internally.

[ooc]
Attempt at search and rescue - failed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 pm 

Akaichou watched as the girl prayed and read from a scroll, only to dismount and help another. Shiba-san also seemed to try to help others and recover items. They had remarkable spirit to do such things in their condition.

She saw the shady treeline up ahead and lead Bishounen to it. "I'm walking to the shade just there. You can rest and I can get more water. Or would you rather just look for your people?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 pm 

Isamu thought about it for a while, but decided that his first priority was the luckless lot that he had dragged along with him. There was work to be done at the ship for sure, and tending the wounded and actually organising a proper search for any missing people and items should improve their efficiency.

Also, his arm was really hurting.

He turned first to the strangely dressed woman "I think that there are matters to take care of before I rest." he then turned to the first mate of his ship "Would you be able to lead us back to the ship? I have a duty to take care of those under my command." He then cast a subtle glance towards the imperial for the benefit of the Yogo. She definitely looked like some rest or first aid would do her good. She would probably also remember that there was a shugenja medic among his retinue - considering how long they had spent confined on the ship together.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:43 pm 

"What do you call it? What just happened with your ships, I mean. I don't know the word for it and I have a feeling I'll need to." Without uncertainty, she would need to use the word 'shipwreck' again. She could say it in 3 of her other 4 languages. "Is it like 'ship problem' or 'broken ship'?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:01 pm 

"That was not our ship," she said, referring to the shipwreck they'd left. She figured that that was what the woman was talking about with the 'broken ship' talk, at least. "Suitengu's wrath almost made it share that fate though."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:33 pm 

Akaichou grinned. "Forgive me, I know that ship could not have been yours. It's been there for many years. So then your ship fared okay? And Suitengu is a kami?" she questioned, looking back. These people must have been Rokugani to speak the language so well and with such lore intrinsically entwined.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:00 pm 

She nodded over to Akarei, after all, she'd been the one to point out the ship survived. Then she looked back to Akaichou with a bemused expression on her face.

"Suitengu is not a Kami. He is one of the Lesser Fortunes, but also one of the primal ones. He is the fortune of the sea. Though perhaps we were faced with the wrath of Isora instead, since we were apparently quite close to the shore when the storm hit."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:55 pm 

"Our ship is not so far from here," the redhead stated, "Supplies are scattered across the beach as well as other sailors." She let out a soft sigh. "Whichever Fortune's wrath it was, it certainly made an impression."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 am 

Akaichou brought the horse to a stop. "We'll head for your ship then? Which way is it?" She turned around, the wind tossing her hair. For likely the first time her Unicorn mon was fully visible on her back as the wind tossed her hair.

"As I said, we can pick up things we find along the way. Many people are picking through what's been washed ashore. Best we get to it before they do."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:14 am 

Isamu noted the mon, but not being great at history all he could tell was that it was not a mon that he had seen before on anyone he had met. Still, that she wore a mon at all was confusing.

He turned once more towards the first mate, both for directions and to see her reaction.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:38 pm 

She noticed the mon, but in her current state could not discern its origin or meaning.

Lore: Obscure heraldry? (SAGE) Recognizing Unicorn Mon, base TN... let's say 25? Final TN45: 5d10o10k4 29
Forgot Mental Quickness bonus: 1d10o10k1 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:35 am 

The redhead squeezed some water out of her hair when she looked up at the Unicorn's back. Her blood chilled in her veins as it started to piece together for her. "Are you one of Shinjo-no-Kami's followers?" she asked, almost in awe.

---

D4 LM Who's that (Poke)Mon? TN 27, Grazed +2 TN, MQ: 6d10o10k5 41

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:02 am 

Akaichou turned her head at the question. It hadn't occurred to her that with her back to the group she was practically screaming "Unicorn!" She supposed she could begin swapping stories as they walked. She had at first not wanted to stress them by making them speak with so little water.

"Yes, Ide Akaichou of clan Ki-Rin." She bowed her head in introduction as best she could while leading a horse. "I am an Emissary for my clan, as well as an arbiter and translator, which is part of why I speak Rokugani."

She was smiling brightly and looking back at the three in their small traveling party. "I hope you don't think it rude, but I feel as though I am with friends. You are from Rokugan, yes? I see you carry your wakizashi at your hip, and Rokugani is your mother tongue. I'm hoping I am right. It would mean we are among the first to finally reunite with our ancestral people."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:29 pm 

Finally, the significance was revealed. Ki-rin. A living legend come to her rescue on horseback.

After a moment of stunned silence, she spoke; "The three of us are each from Rokugan yes, though each of us follow in the footsteps of a differen Kami." Which was really just a fancy of saying they were not part of the same clan.

There was so much she knew she'd want to ask were she feeling more whole, but it was all a little stunted right now.

"Are these the lands the Ki-rin have settled?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:33 pm 

"Truthfully, we have settled all over the continent, though few this far out. I am from a city called The Jewel. Forgive me, I don't know the translation. I studied in Aqahba. Both are in the Burning Sands." She shook her head. "My apologies, this must be too much all at once. When you are rested and with your people, perhaps we can exchange stories?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:36 pm 

"I would very much like that," she was quick to say. "This is quite the revelation, after all."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:54 am 

The discovery shocked Isamu as well. The fact that she was one of the Ki-Rin changed the whole nature of this expedition from one of exploration to one of reunion.

For Isamu it was a weird situation. On one hand, the return of the Ki-Rin was perhaps something that was needed to restore the balance of Rokugan, but in their current state... The Empire was already crumbling under the weight of gaijin influences, and he wasn't sure that it could take any more.

He remained quiet, lost in thought.

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next