Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Boathouse of Healing (D5, Early Morning)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:51 am 

She had managed to sleep by Sanjuro's side, listening to his laboured breath. Somehow, she had found rest, despite fearing the worst, such as waking up to see that he had passed away while she rested her mind and eyes. As morning broke, she gave him water and thin broth, seeing as it was the only thing she could manage for now as well as tending to his wounds.

It would have to do for now, until Kenzo or Edogawa could return with an antidote.

In the meantime, there were others who needed her help, judging by what she had seen yesterday, and Utsusemi passed on the word that she would tend to the wounds of those who needed it. Seeing as she could not be on all the ships, she would just have to make the deck of the Kunshu into a temporary place of healing.

---

D5 EM Medicine/Int for Sanjuro. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k3 31
D5 EM Wounds healed on Sanjuro. +1k0 raise: 2d10o10k1 11

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Boathouse of Healing (D5, Early Morning)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 am 

Waking up, the Scorpion had been feeling a bit better. The duegeon aboard the Amaterasu's Grace had tried his hand at assisting, but perhaps he was still shaken from the storm. Anzai didn't blame him. But another opportunity to see Agasha-sama?

He would take that. All before moving on to accomplish the task set before him today.

"Ohaiyo gozaimasu, Agasha-sama. I followed your directions, took plenty of rest. I am already feeling much better." He smiled at her as he stepped aboard the deck of the Kunshu Maru.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:45 am 

Utsu's eyes narrowed slightly, but it was probably just from squinting in the morning light, right? Of all the people this early in the morning... at least it's not Zabieru...

"Shosuro-san, ohayo gozaimasu," she bowed slightly. "Good to see you are up and about, and that you are feeling better. Any pains this morning?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:59 am 

His own bow was respectful, deferential to her position. He ready knew he was probably on thin ice with her. Hearing the beginnings of her conversation with the captain certainly didn't help things.

"Not as severe as previous. More of a dull pain, really. It's very kind of you to send your message throughout the fleet." He would watch her closely, not truly appraising, but more keeping an interested eye on her expressions.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 am 

"There are many wounded, but I cannot be everywhere... seeing as we're all still scattered around, this is the better solution for those who are still able to walk."

She patted for him to take a seat, her expression professional and focused. "Let us have a look, and see if we keep it from troubling you too much during the day."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:15 am 

Word had reached Wataru of the healing offered by one Agasha he had not met yet and was part of the Armada. Well it could be the best time to meet her, he thought as he walked up to the Kunshu, finding two women there already. He was still visibly affected by the wounds of the previous day, even though he had taken that day to rest mostly.

"Ohaio Shosuro-sama, ohaio Agasha-sama. I hope you had your rice today." He bowed respectfully to both before returning his head to the Dragon, "I hope you don't mind me coming for you, Agasha-sama. I have heard you were doing some healing?"

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 am 

The white-haired lady, that was probably the Dragon of the two "women", was most likely the Agasha healer, seeing as her muted clothing at least seemed to have green in it.

She gave a light bow to the Mantis. "Yes, as the second officer of the Kunshu Maru, I am also its medic. You were injured in the storm as well... Gusai-san?" she gave him a studious look, taking a while before she recognized him from the Teppodoka-trials.

---

Healing rolls for you two now, since I'm heading to bed soon.
D5 EM Medicine/Int for Anzai. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k3 18 (sorry Anzai)
D5 EM Medicine/Int for Wataru. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k3 44 o_o
D5 EM Wounds healed on Wataru. +1k0 raise: 2d10o10k1 13 O_o

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:40 am 

As a courtier, Wataru had heard about Utsusemi, and how she had joined the Dragon after her marriage to the Agasha, so he had hoped that the woman in white hair was the one he was looking for, and it turned out to be so. The small shades of green on her kimono had been of use, as well as expecting her to be there, but if he had found her anywhere else, he would had probably called to her as a Crane.

"I am honored to meet the second officer of Kunshu Maru, I am Gusai Wataru, navigator of Ashitae Maru, Commander of the Teppodoka Regiment." The samurai completed the distance between them, one of his shoulder was much bigger than the other, since Tori had readjusted it, and there were some scratches and bruises on him still. "I was washed up on shore yesterday, after the great storm, and attended by Asahina Tori-sama, but I still do not feel fully recovered and would hope to be further attended if possible."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:47 am 

"An honor, Gusai-san," another bow, "I am Agasha Utsusemi. Please, sit, and I will tend to your wounds the best I can."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:56 am 

The samurai sat himself quietly where the saurai-ko healer indicated, with a twitch of pain on his face as he sat and this caused a movement on his shoulder. His opposite hand held the shoulder, softly massaging it to try to ease the pain.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 am 

Seeing as the Mantis was in more pain than the Scorpion, she made the decision of tending to Wataru first. At least his wounds had been tended to by someone skilled, so she was able to see what was needed rather swiftly; the wounds were washed, and salve was applied to ease the pain and relax the muscles, before another fresh round of bandages were applied to keep dirt and infections away.

The Agasha remined stoic and foucsed on her task as she worked.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:18 am 

The Agasha's treatment was an excellent one. The new salve removed most of the pain, bringing comfort to the samurai, easing the pain, and relaxing muscles and the joint. There was a profound sigh of relief as the new bandage was set in place.

"I am most blessed to have you on the island, Agasha Utsusemi-sama. It is because of you that I feel anew. I am very thankful for your aid." The samurai prostrated before the samurai-ko in duly respect. "If I can humbly be of any need, please allow me."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:26 pm 

"Ohaiyo gozaimasu, Gusai-sama." He bowed his head to the commander of the Teppodoka as he approached. "Please, go ahead." He wasn't nearly as bothered by his injuries as the Mantis appeared to be.

Taking the opportunity, contemplating to slip into the background, and just watch them. Instead, he remained as he was, pleasantly patient. No need to give the Agasha any more reason to distrust him.

Last edited by Shosuro Anzai on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:23 pm 

It seemed as if there might be a busy day ahead, and she'd gotten worried looks and pleas from her sister yesterday; and a few others along the way; that she should get some more medical attention. The night's rest and a good meal had alleviated much of her physical discomfort... but she had to admit that the others had been right. That's why, following word of the Agasha's administrations, that she had seen fit to arrive at the Kunshu first thing in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:45 pm 

"Well," she breathed a quiet chuckle, "at this rate, I will probably run out of my medical supplies, if everyone is going to get themselves this hurt everyday. There are probably some places on the island to restock, but any help is appriciated, Gusai-san."

Utsusemi gave a nod to Wataru with a cup of water before moving onto Anzai.

Her focus faltered slightly with the Scorpion. He hadn't done anything today to upset her, but she was still thinking back to their exchange yesterday, and it made her realise she was unable to do much more for him. "... My apologies, Shosuro-san... it doesn't seem like there is much more I can do about this. Only a little something for the pain, but it seems your body needs more time." She averted her gaze demurely as she spoke, hiding how upset she was at her own failing.

----

Will get to Hikari, but rolling now:
D5 EM Medicine/Int for Hikari. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k3 23
D5 EM Wounds healed on Hikari. +1k0 raise.: 2d10o10k1 3

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm 

Walking stick in hand, though she leaned on it far less heavily after a good night's rest, Ran boarded the Kunshu Maru and asked after the mother of Dragons.

She wore Tortoise colours, though simple in design. Deep green and white, darkest blue and gold. Her hair- brown but greying- was pinned at the nape of her neck against the heat of the day that was to come. Across one shoulder, her ever-present satchel.

Ran was brought, and her expression brightened at the sight of Wataru, before she turned her attention back to what was at hand.

"Agasha-sama. I heard you were offering your aid to those in need. I will not take up your time, but I thought your supplies might be drained. Please, accept this." With a bow, she holds out one medicine kit to the white-haired Dragon.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm 

"No need to apologize to me, Agasha-sama." He watched as she turned away. A thought crossed his mind, but he let it pass without speaking it. "Doomo Arigato. For trying." It was sincere, spoken softly.

He wouldn't linger too long. He'd speak with her again, soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:36 pm 

Finishing up the treatment of Wataru, Utsusemi turned her attention to the Tortoise she remembered well from Dragon's Guard City.

"Ra... my apologies, Muhaki-san," she corrected herself with a smile, seemingly pleased for Ran's fortunate turn to have earned a place within a clan. "I could not take it from you, if it meant you would have less to help others with."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:21 am 

Here we go.

Ran gave a soft smile and shook her head, offering the kit again.

"I cannot use it, I haven't the skill. Please, it is yours."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:31 am 

Utsusemi felt more compelled to refuse the offer and instead teach Ran the basics of first aid, especially seeing the shortage the fleet seemed to have of skilled medics, but she assumed Ran was clever enough to ask for such lessons rather than to give away something that had probably cost the ronin a fair bit of coin.

But she had started the ritual of refusal, so she needed to continue on. "It must have cost you much, Muhaki-san... It would feel greedy to take it from you."

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next