Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: First Real Meal (D4-EE)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:44 pm 

"That is quite a piece of information they are looking for, Muhaki-sama." He took his drink in hand once more, sampling that wonderful brew. Closing his eyes for a moment. "We are the Underhand of the Emperor. We do what needs to be done, no matter what it is, for the Empire." He spoke softly, but directly to the woman. It wasn't accusatory or conspiratory, merely the truth.

"I will deliver truth and what needs to be done to those governors. But I will not betray the Empire. Giving up the mind of Jama-no-kimi? That is too much."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm 

She chuckled, “I wasn’t aware Jama was the Emperor. Or beyond the ability to be a threat to the Empire.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 pm 

"No. But he is of the Emperor's blood." He chuckled with her, before turning serious. "Were he a threat to the Empire, it would be a very different story. You'd find we Scorpion are very good at handling threats. As I said, we do what is necessary, no matter what."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 pm 

"Then please keep your eyes peeled... it shouldn't take long for an astute and skilled 'Scorpion' to figure out the truth.
" She said with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 am 

"I always do, Muhaki-sama." He smiled back to her, before looking about the restaurant.

"I have to say, this restaurant smells divine."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:56 am 

She nodded, "Much better food here than on the boats."

She then tilted her head, "What made you have an interest in learning Merenaese?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 pm 

"My mother. She encouraged all of her children to study something we all found interesting, if considered unusual by those at home." He regarded her respectfully, before continuing.

"We had a Tortoise guest in our home. When she spoke Merenaese with my mother, it was the most beautiful sound. The flow of the language entranced me. I committed to learning it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:24 pm 

I see. So how long has it been since you began?” She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:47 pm 

"I've been studying the language since I was a boy. Perhaps around eight or nine? Neither of my parents were fluent with the language, they knew enough to communicate with the guest and be understood, but when they saw my interest in it, they ensured I had a tutor. It's as easy to me as Rokugani. I started learning Mekhem while we were on the voyage, as well. But my tongue is much more clumsy there." He seemed to sigh wistfully, thinking back to those days.

Pushing out the thoughts of the darkness that came.

"It was due to that learning that our daimyo selected me amongst the applicants to come with the Voyage. I'd be able to understand, and most importantly, convey the desires of Kyuden Bayushi to our island benefactors."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 pm 

She nodded and asked with a smile, “And what does the Palace wish to say? ‘I feel like I’m not going anywhere’

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:08 pm 

He laughed at her joke. He wasn't without a sense of humor. Especially when it came to wordplay. "Why, hello. Warm greetings from the daimyo, of course. And to seek friendship between Clan Scorpion and our hosts here." He spoke sincerely, because it was the simple truth.

"Do you feel the governor's here, inclusing yourself, would see that beneficial? Especially if I put my actions where the words were?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 pm 

She tilted her head, "I think the right kind of support may be wanted... but there are many things going on here that make it difficult to be open to all this purported 'help'."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:20 pm 

"A bit presumptive to think that Clan Scorpion would be so arrogant to think we understand enough to have an opinion to offer help." He watched Berena's gaze, reading her facial expressions. He had to admit her red hair was quite striking.

"I'm looking to begin the dialogue. Not to pretend we have answers for all problems."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:50 pm 

She tilted her head, "You were the one that sought to be 'beneficial'..."

She sighed slightly, "The only problem is that we are stuck in a zero-sum game with a group of people who are either too naive or too devoted to their ambitions to truly seek to be 'beneficial' to our interests."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:04 pm 

"My apologies. I understood 'help' in the way of "showing the light of proper civilization" that I had heard a few espousing. An arrogant presumption that one civilization is inherently better than another. I wanted to make clear that is not what we want." He flushed slightly at his own verbal mistake.

"Only for now. I intend to grow and learn while I am here. I can only assume the same for others."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:47 pm 

"Don't worry about it Shosuro-san. I speak directly, so I hope I don't come across as too harsh. But I would warn you in assuming anything about people's intentions... Your people more than most probably know of the dangers of trusting an outward appearance."

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2