Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: So... Shrines and Stuff... (D4, LE)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:51 pm 

Bellena arrived at the Shrine to Muhaki at the appointed time. She had sent a missive to Muhaki Ran about a possible meeting now that they were finally on the island. As the sun made began making its final descent she found a bench and waited for her guest to arrive.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: So... Shrines and Stuff... (D4, LE)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:19 pm 

And she did arrive, leaning on her walking stick, still very sore and now very tired after a long day.

Ran recognized the woman who had called on her from the announcement at Dragon's Guard City - another Tortoise, whom Ran wanted to get to know. Now was that chance.

"Ohayo, Tortoise-sama," Ran said with a bow after her approach, and then readjusted her weight to be off one foot, leaning on her walking stick.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:25 pm 

Bellena stood and gestured to the bench, "Muhaki Ran, pleased to meet you. I am Muhaki Berena. Please sit... I didn't know you were not feeling well. You could have deferred to another day. I feel bad for asking you to come out here."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 pm 

She gave a smile, and lowered herself to sit, sighing gently. "I am no longer incapacitated, so I am thankful to be up and moving about. The storm washed me overboard, unfortunately, but fortunes were in my favour. Did you fare alright, Muhaki-sama? It's good to meet you properly."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:40 pm 

Bellena nodded, "I am well, no problems. Do you need help with your leg?"

She looked at the appendage with concern.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:24 am 

"I'm glad to hear that. Oh? Oh no, Asahina-sama aided me, a few night's rest from here on out and I'll be right as rain." Ran gave a warm smile, and looked at the other Tortoise.
"Were you surprised at the opportunity granted by Muhaki Zazu-sama?" she asks candidly, curiosity written clearly on her freckled features.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:15 pm 

She smiled, "I was a bit surprised, yes. I am not known to be an overly religious woman... I could definitely use some support in furnishing the shrine in the proper manner."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:37 pm 

"Of course; my captain, Asahina Tori-sama, is also dedicated to erecting a shrine to Fukurokujin. I would be happy to put you two in contact, if you are not already."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:40 pm 

Bellena tilted her head, "I'd be happy to talk with her... but I could foresee there being some difficulties with setting up multiple shrines at the same time..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:46 pm 

"I find myself in the middle. I am of course dedicated to my captain's wishes. However, with becoming Tortoise, taking on the Someisa name, I am beholden to fulfill Muhaki Zazu-sama's wishes for a Temple of Sadahako to be erected, as well. I find I will be busy in the coming days, but it is welcome." she nodded quietly, taking a deep breath.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:51 pm 

She nodded, "The request for Sadahako's temple comes from the Throne. I personally feel it to be of greater importance... and logistically speaking... people who can help construct an edifice of that nature are relatively limited on this island... So priority should be given to the Imperial Edict if at all possible."

She then paused before adding, "But in addition to that... establishing a visible and noticeably religious presence on the island is something that would be difficult even for a single shrine. Are you familiar with the religions of the people who inhabit the island?"

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:03 pm 

She nodded slowly, seeing the sense in Berena's words.

"Oh, hai, in broad strokes. I've... read a lot. In practice, well, this is my first time to this island, my first real contact with the environment we've been thrust into."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:13 pm 

She nodded, "There is a form of balance that exists between the two major faiths present here. To throw in a third could be potentially dangerous... as a result we should look for a location that reduces the level of potential animosity if at all possible."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:21 pm 

"Of course, I hope to cause as little disruption as possible, but our vessels bring with them the winds of progress, and I hope we can accomplish a sort of cohesive understanding of faith here." Ran agreed humbly, rubbing her knee on her bad leg idly. Concentration wrote clear on her features.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 pm 

"'Progress' means something different to every person... and many of the people here will find the 'progress' of Rokugan merely to be an imposition. Most people think of your homeland as backwards. Remember that." She said with a nod.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm 

"Backward," she echoed quietly, her lines forming a straight line, not enjoying the taste of the word. "Thank you, Muhaki-sama, I will keep that in mind."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:29 pm 

She looked with empathetic eyes on the woman, "I am sure this is a big change for you... not only have you been put into a new family.. but an entirely new environment with completely different circumstances. We in the Tortoise are successful in what we do precisely because we view the world a little differently than most... It'll be a hard change I'm sure. But it will build empathy and understanding, which are traits that any person should seek to cultivate."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 pm 

Her expression was brave, she sat up straighter, masking the urge to wince. "It is, thank you for understanding. But I am committed to proving myself. And I fully agree with you there: empathy and understanding can go a long way to forging common ground. I am hopeful, but not naive, Muhaki-sama." she added with an incline of her head. "We will do well together, I think. I am an eager student."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:25 pm 

She nodded in support, "I'm sure you will do wonderfully. Now, what is it you were trained in? A craftswoman of sorts, right?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:34 pm 

Nod nod. "Hai, exactly that, yes. I have spent the last few years travelling along the Rokugani coastline, assisting where necessary, where I find work, so I can pay for room and board."

Page 1 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next