Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: So... Shrines and Stuff... (D4, LE)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 pm 

"I see. And do you have any experience with religious structures?" She asked with interest.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 am 

She nodded slowly. "I spent some time at Shiro Shiba, at Shiba's Shrine, doing work there, when I was younger... Upkeep, mostly, maintenance, I suppose. Still, it was a chance to learn some skills."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:51 am 

She nodded, "Well good. Then I can rely on your advice. I'm considering finding a spot out of town for the shrine... are there any do's and don'ts I should be aware of for temple construction? Like a certain type of stone is bad to build on or something?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:45 pm 

Ran grew thoughtful.

"I had a mentor once, who taught me many things; he said something that stuck with me, and has guided me well in my craftsmanship.
Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn't fall, for it was founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn't do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand. The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:47 pm 

Bellena looked quite surprised at the story she told and asked with a bit of surprise, "Who was your mentor?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 pm 

"Asako Shizuka," she said the name with a breath, a name she had not spoken aloud for a long time. Emotion touched her brown eyes, rimming them red. She straightened her spine.
"I am here because of him. I am who I am... because of him."

Moving on... "May I accompany you when you speak to the monks or religious leaders here?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 pm 

She nodded, "Of course... but do you mind if I ask one more question... Did he ever say where he got that story from?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:26 pm 

"He was a learn'd man. He knew many stories, he travelled far, farther than I will ever hope to reach. I don't know the specifics, I am sorry."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:30 pm 

She nodded, "I see. It's a story I'm familiar with. I think one that many here would be familiar with. I wonder how many more stories this man might have told you that we are familiar with."

She smiled, "Perhaps we can go to meet the ecclesiastical leaders together tomorrow or the next day? It's usually best to visit in the Church of Kharsis mornings."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:34 pm 

She was interested, and intrigued. "Hai, that could only be beneficial, neh?" Ran considered what she knew, what her father had taught her, and the letters she had lost at sea.

"Yes, I would very much like that. Whenever you are ready, I am available. But, if there's travel involved, I may need another day to heal up before I can walk a distance without hindrance. However, this is important, by Imperial decree. My comfort is secondary at best to what must be done."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:37 pm 

"I can get someone to look at your injury if you would like." She offered.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:41 pm 

"A good night's rest and time off my ankle is all I need, Muhaki-sama, but I thank you for your kind thoughts and consideration toward me." Ran was touched.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:43 pm 

"When someone is in need of help, I stand ready to offer what I can... it's no big thing." She said with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:47 pm 

"I am the same way. If I have the means, I see no reason to hoard them. I think that's only right."
She shifted her weight again. "I look forward to working with you. I'm glad the fortunes have brought us together."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:48 pm 

She nodded, "As am I. Would you like me to accompany you back to where you are staying?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:14 pm 

"I would like nothing more. My ship is the Stingray." She rose, with aching, and pressed heavily on her walking stick as the pair began their travel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:27 am 

Bellena helped her along the way, particularly during any slopes, as they made their way slowly back to Ran's ship.

/scene?

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2