Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Pork Belly Makes You Matsu Strong! (D5, Early Evening)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:51 am 

It had been quite the busy work to get the new abode ready to live in, and after delivering the notes to the fleet regarding their relocation, Utsusemi turned her path on the long way back to the manor to pick up various last bits of shopping for the place... and well, the smell of food was rather alluring after a long day.

Following the scent, she spotted the sign, and its name. There was something comically absurd about seeing the Matsu name in a place like this. "Ah, we might as well try it out?" she pondered out loud as she looked at the statue outside the establishment.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Pork Belly Makes You Matsu Strong! (D5, Early Evening)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 am 

Yasuhiro had been looking for a place to work, he had come to this part of the city earlier. In hopes of a meal, and had stayed to do some shoping. He needed some proper calligraphy brushes after all, as well as ink and paper.

It was in his wandering that he stumbled upon a pair of familiar hips, and he made his way over. "Good evening Agasha-sama." He greeted the older woman with a bow. "Looking for something to eat this evening?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:45 am 

Those familiar hips swayed lightly as she turned to face Yasuhiro, and their owner bowed politely. "Matsu-san, good evening."

"Hmm, yes, I was contemplating it. It's been a long day, and I should probably have a proper meal before it ends. Would you care to join me perhaps?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:59 am 

It hadn't been long since he ate, but with as much moving as he had been doing today he figured he might as well join her. "I'd like that, if you don't mind some company that is Agasha-sama. He stepped closer, trying to get a better view of the sign.

"What have you decided on?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 am 

"Company is always welcome. Eating alone is rather dull, after all."

She thought it over once more. "Hmm... the house special, I guess. And you?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:19 am 

...Was the name of the place Matsu Tonkatsu? Yasuhiro stared at the sign a few long moments, before looking towards the Dragon woman. "Before I decided what to eat, I should probably find out what kind of man uses the name of my family for his shop Agasha-sama. It should be but a moment Agasha-sama."

The young Lion didn't seem too pleased by the revelation as he stalked into the shop. "Is the owner in?!" He asked rather loudly after he entered.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 am 

Bellowing in Rokugani was still bellowing, so the owner would eventually appear.

"What's the matter, Senor? The pork is fresh, only the finest. Are you not satisfied? More cabbage?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:15 pm 

Utsusemi followed behind, observing for now.

In truth, her Kakita blood felt a healthy dose of schadenfreude over this little debacle.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:08 pm 

The woman was older then he expected, but still that didn't phase him. Offering the woman a polite bow he introduced himself. "I am Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, of the Lion. I want to meet the person whouse the name of Lady Matsu as name of shop. You are her?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:45 pm 

"I was told by travellers that the Matsu are fiercest, strongest warriors in the land of all warriors. Such warriors must eat heartily. My tonkatsu can help everyone to grow strong muscles so they can be more like Matsu. Eat more pork, Senor, and you will be more like the Matsu of all Matsu!" The elder woman replied unabashed with unfaltering marketing conviction.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 pm 

Utsusemi was thankful for her years of courtier-training that allowed her to keep back her snicker, but she couldn't quite kill the Kakita-like smirk on her face.

"It is quite true, señora," she chimed in with pleasant enthusiasm. "The Matsu are the fiercest and strongest warriors in the land. This man is a Matsu warrior, but he is still young and needs good food to grow stronger."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:11 am 

"Then only today, double set in the price of single one! And plum vinegar after dinner for good digestion, he will need it!" The owner looked at Yasuhiro appreciatively. "We will help you grow relevant parts here, Senor!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 am 

His voice was dry, and he had to make a mental note to remind himself that Utsusemi; as pleasant was she was, was not a friend. If he didn't know better he would of thought she planned this. "I'm sorry Senorita, but the strength of the Matsu is not something that can be gained by eating." He informed her softly, though there is a certain chill to his tone that might add weight to his words. "Perhaps food could help reach the strength of the one of the other Warrior families of my people, but not mine. There is a dedication in our strength, to our training, our code, and our gods, that food alone can not reach."

"You are foreign to my land though, you could not know this, or the insult your words are. So I will give benefit of doubt. I will taste your food, and if I find it acceptable, I will let this slight against my family pass. If I find it lacking, I will take it as insult though, and seek... What is word. Apologies?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:52 am 

"You won't be disappointed by our food, Senor! Only the best for you!" The old lady did a dedicated fighting motion toward the kitchen to showcase her spirit with regard to the task. "Supreme tenderloin for supreme guest! It will be done!" Then she hesitated and tapped her chin in thought. "Unless you prefer chicken."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 am 

He regarded her for a few moments for sign of deception or lack of sincerity. "Bring what you think best." He turned towards the Agasha. "Agasha-sama, would be more happy to help you pick, if you wish. She is very smart about Matsu after all."

"Or am I wrong about that Agasha-sama?" He smiled then turned back to the owner. "You could maybe give her advice too, Agasha-sama has two children to raise strong."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 pm 

There was a fine line Yasuhiro had just crossed by including her children. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

(Merenaese)
"Alas, they are far away. But I will defer to your expertise on the Matsu, as I defer to the expertise of our host here."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:23 pm 

"Fried pork makes strong!" The old woman did the guns-pumping motion, quite ineffectual because of her meagre constitution, and rushed out to the kitchen. Furious shouts from there could be heard coming from there as she was beating the hell out of staff because of the special order.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 pm 

His eyes turned towards the older woman. "My apologies Agasha-sama." He offered with a slight bow. "You were so kind to point out that our families weren't on the best of terms at the moment. I thought it best I relay that I recieved your message."

"Would it be best if we take our meals seperately?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 pm 

"I am not quite sure I follow, Matsu-san," she looked at him curiously. "I have no recollection of saying or implying anything about the relations between the Matsu and the Agasha."

"Unless you mean my agreement that the Matsu are the strongest warriors in the Empire... was I wrong?" It truly was devious that she managed to make herself so innocent.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:59 pm 

He gave her a even look for a moment. "Only in how you encouraged the woman after you saw me take offense
I will not argue the point with you are further though."

"I might have misunderstood your intentions after all. Their tongue is foreign to both of us after all."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next