Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Follow a Tune (D5 EA)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:02 am 

It was already looking like a busy day for Suihime. Now that she had recovered from most of her injuries (A good nights sleep helped) she moved to learn more about the place known as Little Aqahba. Her walk drew her towards a quite remarkable looking building, so colourful and full of life that she had to stop and look at it for a few moments before she drew closer, wishing to see more of it.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

Post subject: Re: Follow a Tune (D5 EA)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 am 

The faithful coming and going looked at her strangely. There was a steady stream both the crowds were piously silent in the vicinity of the mosque rather than talkative and loud as could be expected. It was about half an hour after the prayers. In midday, the prismatic colourfulness of the Purple Mosque was blindingly breathtaking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 am 

Suihime knew to be respectful here. It was a place of religion and worship, so she kept her comments to herself. Years of strict Imperial schooling helped here as the sights almost took her breath away. She stopped in the courtyard, the reflective pool catching her eyesight, and she drew close to admire it.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 am 

A beautiful woman in purple charshaf and bisht went out of the building and immediately spotted the oddity that was Suihime. She gathered the corners of her robe from the ground and proceeded across the mosaiced courtyard.

"As-salaam alaikum, sayyeda, Inshinjjauh, Daugher be merciful. Have you come to talk to me?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am 

Suihime turned to look at the woman who spoke to her, making a mental note of her clothes as she bowed to her.

"As-salaam alaikum. I hope you are well, and forgive me if I have interrupted or caused a stir. This place is quite beautiful though, it drew me in. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Suihime Miya , captain of the Ashitae Maru. Could you tell me more about this place?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 am 

"Blessed be this meeting then, Sayyeda al-Miyyah." Mahasin gestured around. "This is the Purple Mosque, a place of prayer and learning in the faith of the Lost Daughter. She is the Goddess of the Unicorn, our Guide and our Saviour. lā ʾilāha ʾillā ʾilshinjjāuh mekhemadun rasūlu ʾilshinjjāuh."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:43 pm 

The lost daughter?

"I had not expected a place of prayer to Shinjo-no-kami. "You are from the" Ki-Rin clan Sayyeda? she studied the woman "forgive me Sayyeda, but I'm a very recent arrival and I'm still learning who is who and what is what here."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:10 pm 

"I have heard of the arrival of you and yours, Sayyeda. It was hard not to. I would muse about your ability to speak the language as I guess not many of you do, but it only tells me that you have not come here by accident or without preparation. The Khans, the Mufti and the Grand Vizier will learn of your arrival here at Al-Salihafa and then we will know how to treat you. As of now you have the benefit of our doubt. As long as the word given to Commander Fuad is kept, you shall not suffer the fate of the enemies of the Unicorn. For we are no longer Ki-Rin as our ancestors have been. We are much more." Mahasin looked at the pinnacle at the top of the minaret where a unicorn standing on a crescent moon was emblazoned.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:10 pm 

"Word given to Commander Fuad?" Suihime asked, curious. She hadn't heard anything about this. The Unicorn however, she had, and a smile grew at that. "I had wanted to make sure is all. We have never forgotten you in Rokugan. Not you, nor Lady Shinjo. "I had looked forward to finally meeting with you and your kin, to learn the sights that you have seen. Nobody could be more knowledgeable about the world as you and your kin."

She looked up at the pinnacle.

"I have studied the Mekhem culture and the language for two years now. It has been enthralling to learn about Medinaat al-Salaam, but I'm still far from an expert. I have however made sure to be as fluent in the language as I can be, although there is always more to learn, much like I'm sure many out here have much to learn about the Rokugani langauge."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:05 pm 

"Inshinjauh, Sayyeda al-Miyyah, if you're so impressed with us and you've got this far already from the Old Empire you may as well take the trip further and witness the glory of the whole Unicorn Khaganate. We are hospitable and accept all and any who show respect to the Khans and obeisance to their will and Shinjo's laws. To be the joy of our friends and the bane of our enemies is the Unicorn way." Mahasin smiled kindly. "Commander Fuad al-Maut met a delegation of yours and let your ships past Little Aqahba on word from one of your pasha that you will behave."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:16 pm 

Sounds very familiar to speaking with the portmaster..

"I would welcome the chance to meet with the whole Unicorn Khaganate. It would be an honour!" Suihime said with a nod and a smile, clearly very interested in the idea "Are the Unicorn as a whole gathered on this island then? I had not expected this. Perhaps a sharing of stories between our kin would be something to consider? I'm sure the Unicorn would wish to learn of what has happened within Rokugan since the time you rode into the sands until now, and we would certainly love to learn what you and your kin experienced."

Last edited by Miya Suihime on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:36 pm 

"Each family is represented this way or another, Sayyeda." Mahasin tilted her head. "Be careful of what you're sure. Sharing stories in nice, but it is your people who have been in the dark, not us. Some of us know much of the Old Empire, we've found our ways to learn of you. You are only beginning your journey to know of us. Nothing without effort, dedication and sacrifice has value, and truth lies in the sweat of journey. It is through hajj that the faithful find their purpose. As Shinjo willed it."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:38 pm 

"I see...but there is still plenty that has happened that I'm sure you haven't learnt of, ne? Formation of clans, of families. Works of art, wars...I have learnt a little of the Unicorns ways and journeys, but I know there is much more that I have not learnt. What better way than a sharing of stories? I can't imagine you have been able to travel with writing materials easily all these years,
so there much be many a story passed down from generation to generation"
Suihime spoke with passion, she liked this idea "I'm certain it will help with easing any tentions also, ne?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:46 pm 

[Awa/Courtier vs. TN25]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:52 pm 

D5 Courtier/Awareness TN25: 6d10o10k3 21

So close...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:07 pm 

"We may share some stories in due time, Sayyeda al-Miyyah. If you revere Our Goddess as you say, are you ready to entrust yourself to her guidance? Are you ready to repeat the creed of faith thrice?"

Mahasin smiled gently, but religious zeal in her eyes was unmistakable.

"lā ʾilāha ʾillā ʾilshinjjāuh mekhemun rasūlu ʾilshinjjāuh. There is no true Goddess other than Shinjo and Mekhem is Her prophet."

She ended speaking in Rokugani.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:34 pm 

Suihime was caught out by her words, and a small frown appeared. "Sayyeda, I revere all the Kami "equally.
you must know of the other Kami.
Akodo, Bayushi, Doji, Hantei, Hida, Shiba, Shinjo and Togashi. The founders of Rokugan as we know it. I'm unsure what you are asking of me Sayyeda."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:07 pm 

"Those others are irrelevant. They are not the gods of the Unicorn and they will not save us in the darkest hour. They are the relics of gone era who have recklessly thrown their divinity away, spent it on trifles or mingled with lesser people. Of all of them, only Shinjo can return in her true form of divinity. She is the Chosen, the One the Delivers Herself from the Dark. Her second coming in the Day of Awakening had been foretold by the Ancients before the Day of Wrath." Mahasin insisted with fire in her eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 pm 

"Irrelevant?" Suihimes eyes widened "these are the brothers and sisters of Shinjo-no-kami. How can you refer to the kami in such a blasphemous way?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:44 pm 

"Irrelevant to the Unicorn. When we fought the Rocs, they were not there. When we fought the Sorcerers of Laramun, they were not there. When we fought the Shadow, they were not there. When we fought the Sheel, the Senpet and the Dahab they were not there. They were not there in times of peace either. They gave us no laws, no culture, no customs, no support in moments of trial, nothing. The Goddess has ever been with us, and will always be, this way or another for when She leaves, she always returns."

Mahasin's expression turned stormy.

"I don't mind you praying to as many gods as you like and revel in your idolatry. But call me a blasphemer again and you will feel the full brunt of offending an imam. Now leave this holy place. You don't deserve to be here."

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next