Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [D5 LM] Doctor Bees! (part II)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 pm 

Mohan observed the jar, and took it, then put it away.

"There is no serum, Mirumoto-san. The venom of this hornet dissolves bone and tissue if concentrated, and causes an acute respiratory arrest. Your friend must be strong to still live, but it is not meant to last much longer."

He pointed to a place high up the shelf.

"But there is treatment that may work. Would you help me with a ladder?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:05 pm 

Kenzo's hands clenched down at his sides.

"Yes, of course." He moved quickly, stepping behind the counter to help the man with the ladder. "If there is anything that can be tried, we shall try it. This man is my patron's brother. And a good man, besides." Or so Kenzo judged.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:32 pm 

Mohan climbed the ladder, then ever so cautiously brought down a jar with white crystalline content.

"This is natron. It can be found in very few places in the world, in the deep deserts where once there were salt seas, before the Day of Wrath. About a fifth of what these crystals are is the substance you need. I'll make a paste. It needs to be applied on every place he was stung in, and reapplied once it cakes. A tisane from sting nettle should be imbibed, and if he regains consciousness - lots of natural juices, particularly pineapple and lemon."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 pm 

Kenzo took a deep breath. "It will be done. I'll see to it. Thank you, Ide-sama." He said, bowing again.

"My name is Mirumoto Kenzo. I should be happy to repay you as best I can." Already, he was becoming more comfortable thinking of the man as a samurai. I can be found at the Kunshu Maru, docked at the west port. Although..." He frowned. "I have been ordered to try to find lodging today. I expect I shall remain in that area, however."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:43 pm 

"I am Ide Mohan." The man said moving back to his counter and producing utensils to make the paste and prepare the dried nettle. "You need to do what you need to do, Mirumoto-san. If you want to repay me, we can talk about it when you will return with the good news."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:50 pm 

Kenzo smiled. "I intend to, believe me." He liked the man's optimism; it matched his own.

There was a bit of silence, as he watched the man work. Finally, he spoke. "Back in Rokugan, I'm not sure expected we'd see the Ki-Rin again. They've almost passed into legend."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:58 pm 

"We've been busy doing our Kami's mandate in the lands beyond Rokugan. And we've encountered great many difficulties. Our way back was cut. There were so many times we could have been extinguished to the last man and woman it is a miracle we still live and prosper. But Shinjo prepared us well to persevere, to escape oblivion, to rise from errors and failures into greater strength. Even though followers of Otaku are no longer among us." Ide Mohan replied as he was mashing natron.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:13 pm 

Kenzo smiled. "After this, we'll have to get together and compare notes. I imagine you might be curious as to what has happened in the Empire since you left. No less are we curious to know about the trials you faced."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked, his hands twitching. He still felt urgency, spurring him along.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:54 am 

"I may know of you more than you know of us, Mirumoto-san. After all, your curiosity about the world is recent, ours reaches back to Lady Shinjo. But I will look forward to your return."

The man was finishing the paste. He offered the nettle first, for Kenzo to store away.

"Not really. It'll be ready soon enough. I understand time is of the essence."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:36 pm 

"Hmmm." Kenzo murmured as he tucked away the firs. "I've seen how much Rokugan has changed, and hasn't changed." He sighed. "I suppose seeing all the outside influences coming in, I couldn't see what was going out. I hope we can catch up. We have the ability, I think." The will, on the other hand...

Kenzo nodded. "Yes. It's been more than a full day since he was stung. I found him myself, not long after. I removed the stingers, but it seems like rather a long time for the venom to be in his body."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:10 pm 

The paste was packaged and Mohan stepped out to pass it to Kenzo.

"Then better hurry, Mirumoto-san. The Unicorn have a debt to reply to the Dragon, and may this be a token of it."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:01 pm 

Kenzo took the package, bowing. His expression was curious as he straightened. "Thank you, Ide-sama. It continues to be clear that we have a lot to talk about."

With that, Kenzo rushed out of the room, heading quickly to the boats.

/exit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:15 pm 

/scene

Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2