Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: [D5 EM] Doctor Bees!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:33 am 

The last time Kenzo had been here, he'd had one purpose. This time, he had quite another.

And so, Kenzo squinted at the enormous insect. It may have looked back at him. It was hard to tell. Its eyes glittered, but revealed little.

"Okay. Here's one." He said, addressing his companion. "If you see more, a lot more, you know what to do." He said, his voice soft. Slowly, he lifted the jar, the seal held in his other hand...

"Got it!" He hissed. The jar swooped, scooping the bee right off the leaf it was on. The seal was in place a moment later. The huge bee buzzed silently, but clearly angrily.

Kenzo gave his companion a brief, exhilarated grin. "Great. Now run!" He dashed off, hoping to escape the swarm...

-----------------------------------

D5 Reduce Tension/Find bee, LoreNature(earth): 8d10ro1o10k3 32
D5, please don't sting me. Hunting/ref, VP spent: 5d10o10k4 30

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D5 EM] Doctor Bees!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm 

The dour Yogo watched the spectacle with her arms crossed. She was starting to wonder why she even bothered to come when he had finally caught one of them. The priestess let out a sigh and turned about. She aimed to keep some distance from the madman. After all, the insects had to be angry at him instead, right?

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:00 pm 

Kenzo kept going for some distance before he was willing to stop running. He'd seen what the bees had done to Sanjuro, and he had no wish to suffer the same fate. Especially knowing what it would probably do to Utsu-sama.

Finally, he stopped, turning back, realizing that no bees were following him. He gave Akarei a cheerful wave. "Whew! That was exhilarating." He said. He gestured with his head. "What are you doing all the way over there? The way back is this way." He waited there, expecting her to join him.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:41 pm 

I was looking forward to reciting that prayer...

The Yogo nodded and walked over to the man. She peered over to the wasp and then back to Kenzo. "I was expecting them to be more aggressive."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:45 pm 

Kenzo grinned, clearly still excited. "They normally are, I believe." His expression sobered for a moment. "You saw what they did to poor Sanjuro-sama." He said.

He shrugged it off. "But I managed to isolate one. I believe they send signals to each other. But one missing, without sending signals of danger, was no threat to the whole. And they seem to operate with an eye to the whole, not the individual." His lips twitched. "Rather like samurai, aren't they?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:21 pm 

"Let us hope this ends up helping Agasha-san," she said with a nod.

The woman thought on his words and then shrugged. "That sounds reasonable. Although I would argue that recent trends are leading society to become more individualistic."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:04 am 

Kenzo let out a puff of breath. "I certainly hope so. The chamomile seemed to help briefly, but there was no improvement this morning." His jaw tightened. "I won't give up." His step quickened just a little.

"Hmmm. Yes." Kenzo said, briefly glancing at her as he walked. "I would call that a good thing, even if some of my fellows in the Dragon would disagree. Which, since we're usually know as the individualist clan, seems rather peculiar to me." His lips twisted. "I suppose some people only want change on their own terms."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:24 am 

"Intriguing. You could say the same about the Yogo." The woman shrugged. "We may enjoy our masks, but we know that our duty is what is important.'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:34 am 

"Oh?" Kenzo said, throwing her a quick glance. "About the individualism, or wanting change on their own terms? I'll admit, I don't think of Scorpion as all that individualistic, generally speaking. Present company excepted."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 am 

The Scorpion stopped in her tracks and stared at the man. "I was talking about the individualism, Mirumoto-san. But what are you implying?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:18 am 

Kenzo glanced back, stopping. "Well... Yogo-sama, the Scorpion's main virtue is duty, which is all about subordination to a greater whole." His eyebrows went up. "And you all wear masks. Removing the individual, although I have seen some very fanciful ones that may give that the lie." He shrugged. "I assure you, I meant no offense."

He gestured onward. "But can we talk about it as we move, please?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:16 am 

"Of course. Let's not delay for Agasha-san's sake." The redhead hurried her pace up to walk alongside the bushi, though her expression was still a bit complex. "I am a woman of duty as well. I suppose I am taken aback by the thought that I could be perceived as anything but."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:23 am 

Kenzo nodded his approval as they began to move again. "Yes, I don't deny that. But individuality and duty are not necessarily at odds. I'd say individuality sometimes helps, even."

He gave a half-shrug. "It's quite acceptable to be your own person, I say."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 am 

"I can see now why such talk would cause you to clash with others of your Clan," she said with a faint smirk, "I understand your point though, Mirumoto-san. I must admit, you offer good insight."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 am 

Kenzo grinned. "Well, most of my fellows like to be individuals, too. They just sometimes disapprove of the way other people are individuals."

He frowned mock-thoughtfully. "Wait... if I disapprove of that, am I disapproving of their way of being individual?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:39 pm 

The Yogo let out a small chuckle. "Perhaps you are. You best watch your judgments, Mirumoto-san," she said with a wicked grin.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:44 pm 

"Hah." Kenzo said, grinning. "Well, as long as I acknowledge it, I feel comfortable in continuing to do so, anyway."

He gave her a slightly curious look as they went along. "Still, I do intend to be careful with my judgments. Maybe I should just ask how you see yourself, then?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:57 am 

"I am a Yogo, Mirumoto-san. Honestly, I do not see myself much differently from my kin." The woman tapped her mask with a soft grin. "I took great pleasure in decorating my mask. It represents the monster that people see when they look upon my Mon and abnormal hair." She gave a faint shrug. "They think me blind to their judgments. But I suppose you have also heard of the words, 'Your eyes told me one thing, your mouth another, so I rewarded your eyes by striking your mouth?' I wanted to invert Bayushi-no-Kami's mask."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:53 pm 

They came out of the jungle, onto the beach. It was still a little ways to their waiting boat.

"Hmmm." Kenzo said as they walked along the sand. "You are a fascinating person, Yogo-sama." He said, giving her a nod.

He pursed his lips thoughtfully. "I think your way may be easier. Covering the eyes. They always tell the truth, don't they?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 am 

The Scorpion smirked. "Yeah. I find it much easier to lie with my mouth than with my eyes. On the other hand, it is admittedly inhibiting to my vision."

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]