Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: We Should Talk (Day 5, EA, Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:16 am 

Knowing that it was time for him to resolve many of the questions that had formed over the past month, and realizing he would soon need to take decisive action, Edogawa sought an audience with Hantei Jama. He could not act blindly. He needed to understand his own situation fully, before trying to change it.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: We Should Talk (Day 5, EA, Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 am 

He was eventually admitted, though the wait was long and humbling.

"Miya-san."

The man sitting on a dais of his Imperially arranged cabin on the flagship gave him a brief glance. Suru was standing right behind.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:32 pm 

Edogawa bowed with the deepest respect.

"Hantei-no-kimi, I apologize for disturbing you." he began humbly. "Now that we have reached Kameyama Jima and have begun to introduce ourselves to its inhabitants, I wished for guidance in my role here that only you can provide."

"I have been given advise as to what I should do here, most notably by my mother. At the time, her direction seemed like the only way that I might still contribute to the future of the Empire, but I have had time to reflect on that future and am uncertain that it is the correct course. I was reminded recently of how rarely I've agreed with her view of things and she, herself, made it clear that my fate is not under her authority."

"I am in your service, Hantei-no-kimi. You gave me purpose and hold my respect and loyalty. My mother said she would advise you of the actions she recommended I take. Do you wish me to pursue that course, or do you have other plans?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:01 am 

"I don't want her blood spilled unless it's the only way, Miya-san. Your mother lacks insight on this matter. She can embrace her heritage in several ways. Some of them are an opportunity for the Empire, not a threat to it." Jama replied coolly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 am 

"That is what I hoped you would say." he dipped his head low. "If she is here, I will find her and I will learn what she might want. The last time I saw her, she wanted nothing to do with the Empire. Her only wish had been to learn about her father. She left angry and frustrated, not knowing the truth."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 am 

"Your hope is irrelevant, Miya-san."

Jama frowned.

"She is here. She married José de Almeria and they have a male child. They live with his brother."

Jama's Merenaese was perfect, practically native.

"The revelation cannot come just yet, nor can it be revealed that you are acting at my behest. It is my will to be informed how your reconnection will have gone."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:42 pm 

"Of course." he nodded. "I presented myself here so that I could know your will and not cross it. What should I tell her when she asks about her father?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 pm 

"That I hold the answers." Jama replied simply.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm 

"As you wish." he nodded again. "Is there anything else I should do?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm 

"Gauge the level of ambition of her husband, and nurture it. His homeland is about to descend into chaos. It may be his ladder. And hers."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:45 pm 

He nodded. "If they follow that course, it could strengthen the ties between the Empire and Merenae. I've been thinking of that, myself."

"I am grateful for your guidance and your patience, Hantei-no-kimi."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm 

"Your effort to save me from the storm is positively remembered, Miya-san. You've won your third chance. There is unlikely to be a fourth."

Jama nodded.

"See that you put your resourcefulness to good use."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:00 pm 

Edogawa bowed deeply and departed.

/exit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:03 pm 

/scene

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]