Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Pork Belly Makes You Matsu Strong! (D5, Early Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 am 

"I admit, I am surprised you are familiar with Merenaese," she said with a nod.

"... Still wish to eat on your own?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 am 

"It's not uncommon among those who attended the naval college Agasha-sama. Though I admit to not spending a lot of time with it." He gestured towards "Please lead the way." At the very least they should not show too much disharmony in front of the gaijin.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:02 pm 

"My apologies, I was not aware," she nodded slightly. "Of course, of course."

It wasn't exactly hard to find a place to sit down, and Utsusemi took her seat first as the technically higher ranking of the two of them.

"I hope you weren't too badly hurt in the storm, Matsu-san? Seems it did a number on many of us."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:06 pm 

"It's not like there are all that many who attended the Naval college around to tell you." He offered easily. "I take it there is a tale behind you knowing the language as well though?" It had been a surprise to him after all.

He followed her to the table, taking a seat across from here after she found her own seat. "It's nothing I won't recover from in a few days, The bruises may linger but, I'll be okay in a day or two."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 pm 

"Our First Officer, Muhaki Berena, speak many languages and she taught me to speak it. With so many on our ship speaking it too, I have been practising everyday," she offered simply and honestly.

"It would be rude of me as a guest in this place to presume they would speak Rokugani, I feel."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 am 

"You used the time on the ship well then." He offered with a slight smile. "As you said it's a little much to expect most here to speak our tongue."

As much as he wished most would speak it. "I've heard you've had great luck finding a home here though, Agasha-sama?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 am 

"Oh, you have spoken with Kenzo-san then?" she said with a pleasant smile.

"'Tis correct, it's rather nice up in the hillsides here, and knowing both my brother-in-law and Kenzo-san, they probably want to get to as close to a mountain as they can,"she chuckled slightly. "One thing I have not yet grown overly attached to as an Agasha, but I do admire the scenery. Both of them feel obligated to look after me; Sanjuro-san because of family-relations, and Kenzo-san because my husband is his superior... I think they would both protest if I was to live somewhere on my own here on this island."

Utsusemi tilted her head slightly as she regarded the Matsu before her. "And yourself, Matsu-san? Will you be staying on the ship, or have you found a temporary place to live?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:14 pm 

The hillside seemed like it would be the common destination for many of the samurai, that made at least four that we knew of, and he imagined there would be quite a few more. "Yes, though I don't imagine there will be quite as many of the explorers in the place I decide to stay."

"I found a apartment in the Plaza de Diversidad, over in the eastern docks. It seems I'll be surrounded by foreigners for the majority of my stay, I'm sure it will be a interesting experience."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 pm 

"Seeing as you know the language, it should not be too many problems, but the area is quite nice from what I've seen," she nodded approvingly. "Muhaki Berena-san lives not far from there, if you feel you are too alone. She is quite familiar with the island and it's denizens, I am certain she will gladly help you out in your new residence, should you need it."

"My duties will take me a lot between the two different ports, so I will probably be spending an equal amount of time on both sides."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 pm 

"The eastern port is the nice one, the stench of the western port was one of the reasons why I settled on the area I did, after all. I don't know if I could take moving through the western port every time I wished to return to my ship." The stench was horrible

"I will keep Muhaki-sama's presence in mind though. It might be nice to see a familiar face." Even a familiar Gaijin face."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 pm 

"Mhm," she agreed with a nod, but she hadn't really liked the air too much around the east port either. "In the hillsides, I don't notice it, but the air is certainly different on this entire island..."

"Do be careful though, Matsu-san. The eastern port I have heard is home to the members of a group calling themselves Tarkhanate, and that they can be... ruthless."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:17 am 

"I'll keep an eye open for them." He assured the older woman with a nod. "Though most seem to give me a wide berth." There was something about a man carrying swirds that gave manu pause.

"Have you met with many locals as of yet?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 am 

A part of her did pity the fool who might try themselves at a Matsu warrior, thinking it would be easy pickings. Even archery required great strength, something the Matsu were after all famous for.

"Some, yes. No one troublesome so far amongst the locals here," the trouble was more with certain members of the fleet in her eyes so far. "I hope to have more time to meet with various members of the leaders here tomorrow or the day after. Tomorrow consumed most of my day tending to the wounded and," she paused for a moment, then skipped whatever she was supposed to say, "and well, today has taken some time with the whole mission of finding somewhere to live."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:30 am 

"It seems we have all been quite busy." He agreed. "I've hardly had a chance to have a look around the city, though that might change tomorrow."

"Now that I'm more or less settled in, I'm looking forward to doing a bit of exploration. It's our duty after all." There was a small pause. "Well more then the little exploration I've done. I wandered around the mountain in search of survivors yesterday."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:41 am 

She nodded thoughtfully. "Good that samurai like yourself helped as much as you did after the storm. I'm afraid I had to remain aboard the ship after the negotations with the Governor of West port, as all the other officers on the Kunshu Maru had joined the search... someone needed to stay behind as command."

"Anything of note in your exploration? I understand you might not have had much time to get a proper look, considering the circumstances."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:06 am 

"Not everyone can help in the same ways Agasha-sama. you picked the bath that you thought suited you best I imagine." He couldn't picture the Dragon woman wandering through jungle marshes after all. "Staying on the ship likely helped you treat people medically as well."

"Some flowers, that might have a medicinal use, I left a sample of one with Mirumoto Kenzo-san. I also got to taste the nut of the Coco Tree when I ran into one of the natives. Other then that, I didn't find much of anything of mote. As you said I was looking for other things at the time."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 pm 

As they talked, their dishes started to arrive, announced by the owner.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm 

"Koko tree?" She said in a puzzled voice. But then the food arrived. After eating rations for you long, the smell alone made her realise how much she had missed real food.

"It smells very nice!"

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 pm 

"Yes, the nuts are rather large." He made a approximation of the size with his hands. "There is a liquid inside you can drink, and under the hard shell there is quite a bit of the nut it's you can eat."

"It was a interesting flavor, apparently they are used fairly often in the cooking here as well. I haven't tried anything like that yet though." The food at least looked appetizing, as Yasuhiro examined it with a critical eye, which is the least one would expect from the special. He didn't partake yet though. "That is does." He murmured in agreement with the Dragon.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 am 

"I will have to try that Koko nut some time then," she chuckled, but did not move to dig in quite yet. There was one to wait for. "Well, we await your judgement, Matsu-san? Or shall I taste it first for you?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next