Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 4 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: [D5 EA] Getting to Know You
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 pm 

"Most of us are fine, thank you." She waved the concern away.

Something didn't sit well with her about the answer; and she pressed on with her questions.

She wants to project strength, but doesn't feel confident enough to give actual numbers...

"Are the Ki-rin looking to return back to the fold?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:44 pm 

'' What happened to the Shinjo, Otaku and the rest of the families of the Ki-rin? What is the relation between the so called Tarkhanate with the Ki-rin clan?'' She asked adding to her sister's questions. Hinami didn't fully understood if this Tarkhanate had some sort of link to the old Ki-rin. But at the very least the wakizashi shown that this gaijin woman had some sort of connection to the old Ki-rin. For good or worse.

'' More importantly what happened to Shinjo-no-kami?''

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:58 pm 

She smiled openly. "I am glad to hear that."

"That was the original goal, yes. However, such decisions are not mine to make. I honestly couldn't tell you if or when we plan to return or to stay. Our job was to know the lands to keep the Rokugani safe. I think we have succeeded at least in this."

At some of Hinami's questions, she grew solemn. "I must ask that you speak with care regarding the Otaku. It is a sacred word now. As is, of course, Shinjo-no-Kami. They were both... I don't know the words." The Ide was visibly upset by the topic and frustrated by the language barrier. "They were killed in an awful way protecting the clan. The Shadowlands. There was dark... It-it ate..."

She earnestly didn't know how to communicate the horror that befell the Ki-Rin that day.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 am 

Keeping the options open then. Project strength and imply numbers to cover up potential weakness that might leave them vulnerable when rejoining the empire or; if reconciliation proves too difficult; inspire caution in potential enemies.

Hikari mulled over the possibilities even as she continued listening, and then up came that most unsavory of topics. Hinami might just throw a fit.

"I see."

The death of a Kami was of course a terrible thing, a profound revelation in itself and all that. But Hikari was pragmatic, and had held out little hope the Kami was still in the living realm to begin with.

"The Crab hold that evil at bay, keeping it from devouring the empire. The Jade magistrates also concern themselves with such tasks. The Crab do not tell of the death of Shinjo-no-kami, thus if she is truly dead one must assume those accursed lands stretch beyond the horizon their scouts have surveyed."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 am 

"It is south of the Western Wastes and East of the Ivory Kingoms. The Tortoise will know the Ivory Kingdoms I would think. It is a vast, ugly region. You say you help fight it? You should speak with an Iuchi. They practice magic that does this as well."

Akaichou took care to fold the cloth around the wakizashi and wrap the box once closed. "Forgive me. It feels disrespectful to have such a conversation in front of my family's honor."

"The Unicorn have a hard past. We were separated by Shinjo-no-Kami's will to find a home. When we reunited we found we'd grown as a people, including many new traditions from across the lands. Learning these helps to make the Ide good Emissaries. I have..." she looked down and tugged at her dress a bit, and motioned to her chests, "many kinds. Even kimono." She smiled at that.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:28 am 

'' Ide-san. Never mention again such blasphemous word in front of a Rokugani. Not in a polite conversation. For your own sake.'' She said harshly behind her fan. The mere mention of the Shadowlands send a shiver through Hinami's back.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:53 am 

"Forgive me if I've offended, Seppun-sama, but you specifically asked how she died. Would you have preferred I lie to you? I ask this genuinely as I do not know the etiquette."

The Ide hesitated. "I would normally never speak this way, but I feel it may be of service to you when you meet others. Rokugan has been by itself for as long as my people have been in the Burning Sands. You have a rich and interesting culture, as well as bravery. These are very good qualities others should look to."

She continued, unafraid to make eye contact. "As the first Rokugani here, you are now Emissaries of Rokugan. From meeting you, I am thinking you seek knowledge and peace. As an Emissary myself, I was taught early to come with no ideas of propriety when meeting a new people. They may touch my shoulder or shake my hand in greeting. It would be seen as rude for me to pull away or glare."

"You are important to your people as you have told me. They will look to you to see how to think of new ideas and how to act when uncomfortable - to see how you deal. More importantly, the people you meet will be watching and judging you. There are many cultures here at such cities with ships. Right now you are the ones who are new. You need them to see what I have seen; a Jade Magistrate ready to know others. Leaders and surivors." She smiled encouragingly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm 

"The matter of the... south... is a delicate one," she said. Hikari of course, by necessity, could not share her sister's taboos on the subject, and was indeed quite knowledgeable on the subject. "The Crab may speak openly of such things amongst themselves, and at times to others, but the rest of the Empire has different sensibilities."

She paused briefly.

"As a Jade magistrate I am invested with the authority to pursue and resolve crimes of a magical or otherwise supernatural nature. Matters relating to the far south rarely crop up in the rest of the Empire, but it is not entirely unheard of. Still, I do not usually deal with them."

Another brief pause.

"These Iuchi intrigue me. Their magic must be quite different from our own."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 am 

Akaichou nodded, taking in the information so she would not make the same mistake with others. "There are likely many Iuchi on the island, but I suggest looking for Iuchi Rukaya. Or maybe visiting the Purple Mosque. Many of the most devout are also Iuchi. I'm sure you could learn much from one another. I apologize that my own knowledge lacks in this area."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm 

"I am not familiar with this word... mosque... I am assuming it is a local name for temple?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:52 pm 

Akaichou nodded. "Yes. If you go during the day it is truly a sight. You can ask for Mahasin along the way." She spoke the name carefully. "People will know her. She is the... leader of the temple."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 pm 

"I see. Soliciting aid from this... Mahasin... may be of use in the construction of the Temple of Sadahako, would you not agree sister?"

If only Hikari could see but a day into the future, she would know how poor of an idea that was.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 pm 

'' I supppose...'' Hinami shrugs. '' Theology and the kami is not my area of expertise, dear sister. '' She replied.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:18 pm 

"But politics is."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 pm 

Hinami sighs. '' Alright then, what do you want me to do? '' She asked. Hinami was not particulary fascinated with the idea of speaking with some heretical gaijin priest.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:26 pm 

"I was merely suggesting it might be a possible avenue to consider. Cooperation with the locals could prove beneficial, and if this mosque adheres to Rokugani theology then it would seem a good starting point to build relations upon. And that dear sister, is the purview of the courtiers."

It really wasn't a good idea. But such was a revelation for another day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:33 pm 

If this would had been a private talk between sisters, Hinami would had probably smack Hikari on the head for making her do what she detest but, alas, there was another person in the room and worse of all it was a gaijin.

'' I will see what I can do...'' She said, without enthusiasm.

She will have to go to that purple mosuq...'thing'... temple...whatever. This was not going to end well.

D13 Theme

Page 4 of 4 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4