Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: I Don't Know if You Can Hear Me... (D6, EM Room)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 pm 

Bellena sat before the small shrine she had built to Kharsis in her room after waking up. She thanked the Lady of Compassion for her blessings and bringing Saionji back to Kameyama safely. She spent a considerable time praying and focusing her mind; joy filled her heart and gave her renewed strength.

----

Lore: Theology- 37

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: I Don't Know if You Can Hear Me... (D6, EM Room)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:07 am 

At first light, Ran came to call on her fellow Tortoise. A servant tended to her, and brought her to Bellena's room with her permission.

Ran scratched lightly at the doorway, announcing her presence. She walked without her cane today, seemingly recovered.

"Muhaki-sama. I hope I do not disturb you. I hoped we could continue to build a friendship." She had a hopeful upturn to her lips.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:15 am 

Bellena had used the time between the servant coming and Ran's arrival to tidy up the room a bit and put out a couple of cups on the table. She opened the door promptly as Ran arrived with a smile on her lips.

"Welcome Ran-san! Please call me Berena, same family name and all." She smiled.

"Come in, come in. I'd love to get to know you a bit more. I quite enjoyed our last conversation. Would you like something to drink? Some tea? Coffee?" She smiled warmly again and tilted her head as she asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:21 am 

She stepped inside as directed, and did not hide having a look around. "Your room is beautiful," she noted.

Then back to the Tortoise. "Berena-sama, as you wish. Coffee? I've not had the pleasure. What is it like?"

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:26 am 

She smiled and looked around the room, "It is a lot nicer than my old one... I got tired of the same lumpy bed night after night and gave the governor a good talking to yesterday."

Her fiery personality was evident in the cool and playful smile she had on her lips, "He didn't stand a chance of saying 'no'."

She then turned to Ran and tilted her head, "Never had it? Well then." She motioned to the servant who was still near the door for the man to bring some coffee for the two of them.

"Many people say it's an acquired taste. Somewhat bitter, but lots of people will put sweeteners or cream in it to get it just as they want it. Hope you're feeling adventurous today... What am I saying? Look at where you are!" She smiled.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:32 am 

She laughed lightly, regarding Berena. She was so easy to like. Ran couldn't help but smile as well. "I am always willing to try something once. And you're right, we're somewhere wholly new, I endeavor to explore the local culture. It seems only right, while we're here, to have a taste of everything."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:35 am 

She smiled and nodded a couple times while helping Ran find her seat, "There's much to learn out in the world, and few places better to get a taste of everything than here in Kameyama Jima. There's a little bit of everything here."

Bellena too found her seat, "Is there anything you'd like to see yourself that you've heard of?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:50 pm 

She sat, and smoothed the fabrics of her kimono.
"The East port," she replied, without hesitation. "I haven't been up to walking so far, but now I think I'm ready," Ran admitted candidly. "The merchants I spoke to while acquiring things for my room at the winehouse, they talked about the east port, and it sounds... exquisite. I want to see it for myself."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pm 

She smiled and nodded, "It's an interesting place. I serve as the chief advisor to the Governor who oversees the port, so it also happens to be my place of work... but I enjoy going down there. Do you have interest in Merenaese culture Ran-san?"

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:30 pm 

"Oh you do? How fascinating!" Ran was impressed. "I am interested in gaijin cultures as a whole."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm 

"Have you done any studying on any particular culture? Or just more of a feeling of general interest and excitement for all?" She asked with a smile as the servant walked through the door and began to set up the coffee for both of them.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:19 pm 

"The latter. I have spent years travelling along the Rokugan coast. During those travels, I have had the pleasure of meeting many foreigners. I have always found them fascinating. Now that I am privvy to be here, I want not to waste the opportunity set before me to know their cultures better."

She watched with wide and interested eyes as the servant set up the coffee. Its smell was enticing. Overpowering. Foreign. Ran was intrigued, and breathed in deeply.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 pm 

She nodded, "And if you are looking to stay for any period of time to help with the temple you may want to think about picking up Mereanese."

The servant finished pouring the coffee and Bellena dismissed her with a grateful nod. She took up her cup and put a bit of cream in before lifting it up to her lips.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:11 pm 

Ran smiled, and echoed Berena's motion, adding creme to her cup. "Would you ..be willing to teach me, Berena-sama?"
Then the cup was lifted to her lips, a sip taken. Bitter. But smooth. "Mmm, comforting."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:54 pm 

She took a sip and smiled, “I’m glad you like it. And, yes. I’d be more than happy to help!”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:08 am 

"I do! It's ...interesting. Heavier than tea, different. I could enjoy it very much." She had another deeper sip of the coffee, enjoying watching the creme work through the darker liquid, making smokelike patterns.

"I would appreciate it immensely. Would could I give to you in return?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 am 

“Your time and effort are enough my dear. It is no easy thing to master a language.” She replied with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:48 pm 

She sat up straighter, shifting slightly, and regarded Berena. "Are you sure? I'm unaccustomed to not paying for something, in some manner or another.
But I will be your best student. I am humbled you would take time out of your day for this one."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:04 pm 

"Old birds like me have a responsibility to make sure the next generation is prepared for the tasks that they will have to deal with. It's my pleasure to help my dear." She said with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:39 am 

"I am excited to learn. I am forever a student, everything is a lesson, I think. There is always more to know about the world around us, about others, and about ourselves."

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next