Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Post subject: [D6 EE] How the Other Side Lives
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 am 

"I could get used to this. To being here," the new Tortoise said to her betrothed as they sat in view of the fountain in the square. Tiles underfoot were brilliant and wonderful. The drum of a language she didn't understand flowed through the air around them, but instead of alienating she found it exhilarating. The emotional charge in the bazaar was enticing.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Post subject: Re: [D6 EE] How the Other Side Lives
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 am 

The by-passers did not even look at the couple sitting together, something that was strange to the pair, since in Rokugan they would be shunned for their behavior. But among the gaijin, it was something of little importance, something they, themselves, did as well. "It is a comfortable life here, although I miss the mental challenges of the Empire, and a bit more understanding between the people."

He tried listening to the people around them, he could barely understand some of the words they said. He could understand 2 of every 5 words, and could make an overall idea of what they talked about, and according to their faces, if it was something they were supportive of, or against.

"But all could change when we learn their language, and bring more of our cultured ways to them."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:37 am 

"I am intrigued and inspired by what I've seen of this island thusfar. I yearn to get to know everything better... just as I yearn to get to know you better, Wataru-sama," Ran smiled at her betrothed. It was so easy with him. So comfortable. He adored her, that much was clear, and for that she was happy. She adored him as well. She could be very happy spending her life with him at her side.

"Muhaki Berena-sama has offered to teach me to speak Merenaese. I am fascinated and hope I will not disappoint her or waste her time."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:49 am 

"That is gud!" He smiled with a soft glance at her, pulling her near him, feeling her touch on him. "I have been practicing with some of the sailors, so I have a basic knowledge, hoping to improve it being here. I've always had a way to learn things quickly."

His tone changed as she mentioned Muhaki-sama, "how is the Tortoise treating you, Ran-chan? I worry for you."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 pm 

"They treat me fine," she reassured him. "I have a task, to build a temple to Sadahako. I have a family, something I have not had... in a long time. There is no need to worry."

She regarded him.

"What do you suppose we'll do once our assignment here is complete?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:06 am 

"I am happy to hear that they treat you properly, and that you are well. I would believe that they have chosen a proper one to build the temple to the new Fortune, since we were born in the Phoenix, and so we know and understand the Fortunes as few can." Wataru grinned and looked at the eyes of his fiancee, he could see such promising future with her, such understanding as he would never find with any other. "I would hope to have you and I form a family of our own not too far from now, Ran-chan."

The Gusai thought through the question of his special one, it was unclear what would happen, but he was sure that the Prince would not just spend so much to form the Explorers for just a visit to a Tortoise island. "I would hope that we would move on, since such big armada would not be built just to reach an island that is known. We are an exploration group and should follow forth, for the glory of the Empire, and for the understanding of the gaijin culture."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:21 am 

"I hope to do justice to Lady Sadahako." she spoke quietly. Then with a moment of surprise she looked at him, tilted her head to one side, and then her On shattered and she grinned at him. "I would like that as well."

She could be very happy with Wataru, indeed.

"I, too, hope we sail on. There's still too much to discover and- as you said- this island is not uncharted. We have already been here. It would do to asset the Emperor's claim, but also respect an ...amalgamation of sorts that seems to work best. And then sail on. I think I would like that very much... hopefully this time sharing the same ship as my betrothed," Ran took Wata's hand and squeezed it lightly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:55 am 

"The island is an opportunity to bring more gaijin to us, to interest them to our culture. We should convince them of how good it is to have the Empire as an ally and not as an enemy. That is why I work to try to have them know of what the civilized Empire could bring to them. And I want others to wish for this too, as much as discover what else is out there."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 am 

She nodded. "You're right. I wish the same, as well; I have tried to educate the gaijin about our culture and theology, as well as classify their taxonomy. It's been an enlightening experience all around."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:34 am 

"I hope you had more luck than I did." He added with a sorrowful note to his voice, "They seem to only want to impose and demand from the island management. In some way it seems as though the world is upside down here. Where in Rokugan the samurai are served with humbleness from heimin and hinin, here it is the samurai who have to put the effort for the common folks to be able to slack off."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 am 

"Hai, I see what you're saying; and yes, this is not Rokugan.
We're not in Dragon Guard City anymore, Wataru-kun." She said with a simple sigh, and looked out. She did so love it here though.
"Their ways are different than ours, but are ours intrinsically better? It's tough to say. I want to enlighten them about our ways and beliefs. I think it could only benefit everyone involved. I think us building a temple here, and a library, will go a long way."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 am 

"I think that showing them what being part of Rokugan means will guide them towards us, it shall show them that their ways are uncivilized. They barely bath! Can you imagine?" He spoke out outraged, though in a voice that only Ran could hear, and some bystanders that were held in place. "I mean... there are some things that even animals do regularly. And I would also like to stay here, I'm trying to build up a headquarters for the Teppou here, but the governors are not very excited about it."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:15 pm 

She frowned. "I am sorry to hear you have found troubles," she squeezed his hand lightly in a show of support.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 am 

"You are too good with me, Ran-chan." His eyes locked to hers and he dared peck her on the lips with his own as nobody was around that would judge them. "What about you? What has been your day like?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:46 pm 

She smiled at his affection.

"As for me, my days have been alright; a good conversation was had with Muhaki Berena-sama regarding the temple we're to construct, I think we're making progress. I look forward to having a location secure, when I can actually get to work with the construction of both the building and designing the landscaping. Muhaki-sama said she has little idea of what a temple of Rokugani origin should look like."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 am 

"Well, we've seen a temple or two in our time." he jested pulling her even closer, "If we former Phoenix do not know how to make a decent temple, then there is nobody that can." His tone mellowed as he looked to the people around them, not paying much attention to them and just gazing. "Have you... known anything about your family?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:07 pm 

Her beloved asked after her family, and Ran's attention snapped back to him.

"...I'm afraid not. I have been too busy, too focused on acquiring so much new here- my search for my father has sort of stunted. Ever since I lost his letters in the storm, I feel like that piece of him that was assuring me he is still alive is gone. I have nothing to hold on to from him. Only my memories." She pouted.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:04 am 

Wataru held her hand softly and lifted it to his lips, kissing her fingers softly. "You need not worry. If he is out there, we will find him together."

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]