Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Insight (Day 6 Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:14 am 

"Igleisa and Capilla." He repeated the terms to himself a few times.

"A place for instruction? Do they teach here as well?" It was a interesting concept, not quite like things he knew. Either way both terms were Important so he out to remember them. :x

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:19 am 

She nodded, "Once a week all the members of the church are invited to come and hear a sermon given by the Padre. Everyone is invited really. People sit here in these pews and join in prayer and listen to instruction from the priest. It is the basic worship service for the believers and also a way of doing outreach for those who wish to learn more."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:29 am 

"Why only once a week? I can understand the adults might be able to make it each day, as they have their own duties to attend. I think it might be beneficial for the children to attend though. To teach them discipline at the very least... Unless they have schools to attend? Though I haven't noticed any dojo's"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:34 am 

"The Church is always open... it feeds the poor and needy on a daily basis. Schooling is handled a bit different outside of Rokugan. Some smaller children are schooled here as well, or those who do not have the resources to study elsewhere. The wealthy usually hire private tutors for their children or enroll them into a school. The weekly meeting here is for a sermon to the people as a whole and to conduct a ritual which helps the practitioners to remember their commitments to follow Kharsis."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 am 

It sounded rather strange... Though if you took into account none of them were samurai, well except a few like the woman he was with, it did make a little sense. In a world of heimen it was the Merchants that ruled them, or so it seemed. "I see." Yasuhiro offered after a few moments.

"You mentioned school though? That the rich send their children to? Are there any in this city I might visit? I'm a bit curious about how people are taught here."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:11 pm 

She tilted her head, "Perhaps I was a bit misleading, I'm sorry. Here on the island there is no school, those exist in Merenae in some of the larger cities with large wealthy families, but here it is mostly the church or private tutors. The children of members of the Tarkhanate are taught at the place of worship for the followers of the Lost Daughter. And military training facilities are somewhat minimal as well, the Mamluks drill their troops at their barracks in Little Aqahba and the Tortoise and Merenaese train theirs in the military compound out in the Western port."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:29 pm 

That was just the type of information he was looking for, it seemed Berena was simply a font of useful information. "Ah... It wasn't really that important, so you don't need to mind Muhaki-san." He offered with a easy smile. "This conversation has answered some of my more pressing questions after all. Thank you."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm 

She shook her head kindly, "It has been no problem Matsu-san. I'm pleased to help in what way I can..."

She did not move to leave though and tilted her head slightly to the left, "Would you allow me to ask a question in return?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 pm 

"Certainly." It would be rather rude of him to refuse, though it might in the long term be wiser. "There are some things I might not be able to answer, but I'll do my best."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:35 pm 

"What is your honest opinion of this voyage? I don't take you for the same type of wide-eyed naive explorer like a great number of the others here..." She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:44 am 

That was a difficult question to answer, and the Lion paused for a moment. "I could not question the decisions of Hantei-no-Kimi, Muhaki-san."

"If the occasion had come where he had asked for my counsel in this matter though. I would of suggested he delay, perhaps until next year. The captain's and crew have no experience working together, and the captain of the Teppodaka is fresh to say the least."

"The time could also be used to help the crews prepare for what they might face. As well as get a greater understanding of the potential dangers."

"That is nothing more then the suggestions I would of made though. Hantei-no-kimi's judgement on the matter is infallible."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 am 

She nodded, "A wise assessment Matsu-san. What do you think caused the Prince to make the decision he did?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:55 am 

"That I could not say Muhaki-sama, I don't know the prince's mind, I merely follow his orders." There was likely a reason, just one he didn't know.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:05 am 

She nodded, "I've never had an opportunity to speak with a member of the Lion clan before you... and thought I'd ask... do you consider yourself a 'progressive' man? I hear the Admiral's older brother is more popular among your clansmen and women."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:19 am 

"Progressive? I'd say no, I still the bow over firearms for example, there are several other areas where my ideas differ from those with progressive ideas as well. I won't try to name them all though." There was a small pause. "That is correct, after all many of us feel there is no other option."

"Tradition dictates the elder brother take the throne, that should be all that needs to be said."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:13 am 

She nodded, "Indeed. And are you of the same opinion as Kitsu Keiji that it would be best to deal with the Unicorn now?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:16 am 

The Lion paused thoughtfully for a few moments. "I believe we should find out if they are truly the descendants of the Kirin."

"If they are, I'd argue that they have lost their way, too many years in gaijin lands have turned them from the path of bushido. While we might have once been cousins we are no longer. They should be treated with the same degree of wariness as all other nations. In other words, nothing needs to be done about them at the moment."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:18 am 

She nodded, "A wise stance. I am pleased that there are some level-headed members of the Explorers who are in positions of influence. I am personally hoping for your victory tomorrow in your duel."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:00 am 

It was not a position he would of normally sought on his own. His grandmother had pushed him in that direction. Still he dipped his head in thanks. "I am certain the heavens will decide which of us is correct on the morrow Muhaki-san. Still I appreciate your support."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:59 am 

“An Iai duel is a fairly rare thing around here. I’m sure your duel will draw the interest of the island. Zabieru is an insufferable man, I hope the Heavens smile on you, but even if not... I am sure Matsu-san’s assertions will one day be affirmed by the heavens even if by different means.”

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next