Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: The Best Part of Waking Up (D6 - LM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 pm 

Anzai had arrived at Mustaffar's at the appointed time. A little early, really. In case he got lost. His knowledge of Mekhem at lrast enabled him to ask the right questions. His hair tied back tight, keeping his face free. He had enjoyed the sights and sounds of the East Port. Already so very different from the West.

He entered the coffee shop, looking for his new friend.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: The Best Part of Waking Up (D6 - LM)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 am 

It was not long before she entered with her tea ceremony set. The scent of coffee and tea always began the soothing process. She saw Anzai already taking stock of the place. She approached him slowly, not wanting to jolt him from thought.

She smiled and it lit up the light brown hues in her violet eyes. "Shosuro-san. It is wonderful to see you. Did you have trouble finding it? Please don't be put off immediately by the civets. They stay away from the ceremony alcoves."

Akaichou's dress

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:50 am 

"No. No trouble to find. I... could ask when lost." He spoke in Mekhem, wanting to practice, turning to face her. He smiled as he watched her, his eyes looking into those sparkling hues. He felt better than he had when he had awoken.

A nightmare at sea. Watching Otsuka claimed by the waves. Then his mother and the ninja-to again.

Shaking the thought from his mind, he looked to her. "They add a nice character to the place. I like it here. The aroma is amazing. And it is more spectacular now with the company."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:02 am 

"I agree. Good people make the mood." she replied in Mekhem. When they were settled she could use their shared language. Until them she didn't mind becoming someone he could practice with.

"Would you like to try coffee?" The gentleman intrigued her. He was open to new experiences and surprisingly resilient. She imagined others were not faring half as well as he after the storm and losing so much. It was something the be admired.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:38 pm 

"Yes. Trying sounds good. Is that what I am smelling?" He spoke slowly, working over the grammar in his mind. Translating from Rokugani to Mekhem. He had to take a moment before responding to her, making sure he understood what she said.

"You look very nice. The sun has risen to shine on you." His attempt at poetry seemed to flow haltingly as he worked through the phrasing. Bowing as he finiahed, before rising again, his eyes to meet hers.

"You are well, yes?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:09 am 

"You are very kind. And yes, I am. I hope you are too?" Akaichou replied, a splash of pink staining her cheeks. "Your Mekhem is quite good. I shall order us some coffee and we can take it to one of the private alcoves for ceremony." She motioned toward the side and back of the establishment where veiled areas were obviously meant to keep unwanted distractions away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:34 am 

"Not as good as my Merenaese. I would like to correct that while I am here, Ide-san." He smirked at the way she flushed. Following her lead, he would examine the coffee shop, but more importantly to him, steal glances towards her.

"Tell me, what are the people of East Port like? I've spent most of my time in the West Port since arriving."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:56 am 

"Yes, your Merenaese is exceptional. You enunciate your Mekhem very well. It is my mother tongue so I would know." She smiled up at him brightly.

She thanked the barista and walked over to the area where there were things to mix into your coffee. Akaichou began to explain the different things Anzai might add to it. "Take a very small taste. Most people do not drink it on its own. Most add milk or cream, some spices like cinnamon..." She pointed to each item afterward assuring him that if was not to his liking, they always had the tea.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 am 

Anzai slowly brought the cup to his lips. The hot liquid surprised him. Bitter notes, with a subtle citrus and.... anise aroma. He looked down at it, then back to Akaichou. Then another sip, relishing the flavor.

"This land is full of so many delicious beverages! This is amazing!" While excited, he kept his voice low, not wanting to bother the other patrons.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 am 

Akaichou beamed up at him. "I'm so happy it suits your taste. They say this establishment has some of the best in the region." She took her drink and tea set back toward one of the alcoves.

"I have not been to the West Port yet. I have been enjoying my visit with my hosts and haven't wandered very far yet. But a good portion of it is known as Little Aqahba and my school was in Aqahba, so it feels very familiar."

She set her things down inside one of the alcoves and closed the veil behind them. It didn't do much to obscure the view, but let other patrons know that they'd prefer to partake of ceremony without interruption.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:26 am 

He followed her into the alcove, listening to every word intently. Noting the little details, he'd focus on her as the veil was drawn behind them. Watching the set, he would then look to her.

"What was Aqahba like? I apologize for prying, but I would enjoy getting to know you very well." He had to smirk, avoiding the use if the word intimately.

He wouldn't complain about that, however.

Last edited by Shosuro Anzai on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:44 am 

"I think we are mutually curious and one another. It's only natural." Akaichou smiled, sipping her coffee.

"It was filled with other Ide and Suio, as well as any Ki-Rin looking to become an Emissary. Students would enter the streets to hoping to find those that spoke languages natively that they were learning inside. The shops contained many things a Rokugani might recognize, including kimono. However, it's in The Burning Sands, so most things still revolved around that climate."

As she began to set up the tea she began to indulge her curiosity. "Is where the Scorpion clan live very hot? I have seen many scorpions, but I think you're my favorite thus far."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:58 am 

He smiled at her last statement. Miscolored eyes lingering upon hers. Sipping from his coffee, he shook his head. "No, where we are from is very temperste. The heart of Rokugan. Surrounded by the holdings of other clans. It's very lovely. I'd like you to see it, sometime."

He watched for her reaction, and grinned a bit about thinking he was her favorite Scorpion. "Well, you haven't felt the sting of this Scorpion, but you flatter me. You may very well be my favorite Ki-rin. Though I've never seen the famed creature."

Last edited by Shosuro Anzai on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 am 

She smiled and giggled softly. "My mother always did say that we should craft a horn for my horse Bishounen. So if you ever accompany me to see him, you might have one other to compare me to." A twinkle in her eye sparkled and she closed up the tea set's case.

"I must admit, a part of me has always wanted to see Rokugan. I've grown up knowing our history and ties, but I've not had the opportunity to truly feel it for myself. It's not tangible." She smiled and took another, longer sip of her coffee. "And I fear that many of the customs have gotten lost. I will likely offend some of your people before I get a handle on the proper etiquette for a Rokugani."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 am 

"Perhaps. He would have some very stiff competition, don't you think?" He raised an eyebrow, watching her so very closely.

Some might think too closely.

"And so it is best that you ran into us. A chance to learn, and we have the same opportunity." Anzai would allow the words to flow, the hushed whisper pairing with the coffee and closed veil.

"I would enjoy giving you plenty of opportunity to practice, Ide-san."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:22 am 

"I would, of course, appreciate any help you could give. And I would be happy to provide what I can in return." She looked at him happily with a touch of tranquility in her eyes. She always became calmer just preparing for ceremony.

She set out the utensils and began the ceremony, quietly explaining what she was doing and why as she went along. More than occasionally her eyes drifted to the handsome man with her. She did not often perform ceremony for someone other than herself, but it seemed exciting in this case. A man from her ancestral home being the first to see how this ritual has changed over time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 am 

He would listen closely. Paying the utmost respect to the ceremony, and more importantly, to her. Anzai would watch with attention to the details. The differences she would point out.

He also paid attention to her little looks, the way her hands moved, the graceful way she performed. Was this how the the children of Shinjo truly performed? It was beautiful to behold.

Just not as beautiful as she.

"Marvelous. Thank you for sharing that with me. I only wish I had something I could offer in return." His miscolored eyes went to hers, a flicker of something more there.

"I could demonstrate the technique used ny my family, my clan, tomorrow. Though I may be hunting for an excuse to see you again, Ide-san." That hint of mischief never left his eyes, as he looked to her. "Though I fear I would not perform as well as you have for me this morning..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 am 

She bowed her head respectfully. "I am glad you enjoyed it Shosuro-san. I am not yet proficient, but one day I hope to be. I would be most honored if you showed me your family's tradition."

She handed him his cup of tea carefully. "And I must admit the same. I would look forward to seeing you again soon." There was a twinkle to the smile in her eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 am 

The Sweet Game of Tease has many fine points. It isn't just words. But actions. Smiling as he accepted the cup, he allowed his fingers to brush against hers. Even after a month at sea, learning to sail, they were still well manicured.

A certain roughness in them. He enjoyed the feeling of her hand against his, just that brief moment of connection.

"Tomorrow afternoon, just before dinner?" His words were oh so soft, but his gaze was intense.

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]