Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Day 6 EE: Dark as the night, sweet as sin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 pm 

''If Zabieru's account is truthful and not merely a tale to scare us then I think we can assume it is very well awake''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:24 pm 

There was a slight frown at the mention of Zabieru, but whatever her displeasure with that specific Tortoise was, she did not say.

"I am more inclined to listen to those who have experience on the subject," she murmured and sipped her coffee. "It's certainly something to keep in mind while we are here."

"Though perhaps some less tense subjects," Utsusemi offered a smile. "What other places have you travelled to, Gusai-san?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:12 am 

Susumu took the coffee pot to give himself a refill

"I have travelled all of the Emerald Empire's coast and islands. There was a lot of things to see but it does not compare to this place.'' he chuckled and put more cinnamon

''I cannot wait to see what lies beyond this island. Do you plan for further travels yourself or will you return home once this is done?''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:23 am 

"Oh, no... I will be returning home. The open sea and exploration is more your domain than mine, Gusai-san. Mine is with my family," she chuckled softly before having another small sip. "My children are still very young, and I am only here on my husband's behalf as he was not able to travel himself."

Utsusemi glanced off to the side. I hope they are alright...

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:41 am 

An air of sympathy came upon the Gusai

''Ah, I understand. Seafaring is indeed quite hard for the family, especially for younger children.'' he sipped his cup

''But I suppose this is also an opportunity... You might find quality gifts for your family and some that might open their horizons to new things. I hear the dragons are usually interested in that''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:55 am 

The thought of bringing children along for a voyage like this sounded like absolute lunacy to her. She saw how straining it had been for experienced sailors, and small children would not have had a chance to fare better. And then there was the storm... thinking of the possibility that either of them could have been swept away by a wave or the powerful winds...

No, no, we're not thinking about that.

"I have been thinking of bringing home something unique for them, yes," she said with a nod and a smile. "Difficulty is trying to decide on something that will manage the trip back home. My daughter is quite fond of sweets, but I do not think these would last the journey."

And with that said, she helped herself to another baklava.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 am 

The mantis thought for a minute

''If you wish for something sweet, some spices like cinnamon or licorice could be a good option along with some nuts and dried fruits. You could use raw ingrediants to cook exotic sweets with your daughter''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:32 am 

Her brow twitched slightly. "... Perhaps," she agreed with a soft murmur. There was no need for her to fuss over his remark. She could practice while she was here, maybe. Sanjuro was decent at this kind of stuff, so maybe he could help. "She's only three years old now, so I'll have to consider something easy enough for her."

Utsusemi chuckled. "My son is easier in that I could probably bring him just about anything and he will be excited over it."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:21 am 

Susumu raised his brow, curious as to what that twitch was

''I remember my own mother cooking strange things while my father was at sea. She had used to be a sailor herself so she might not have been the best of cooks but for us it ws still the best thing in the world''

He sipped some more

''Picture books could be interesting, no? There are many strange animals unseen in Rokugan and foreign art styles could be something interesting to discover''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:57 pm 

"Oh, they have Emakimono?" she said with some delight. "I was not aware, hmm... I do wonder how different the artwork must be. Thank you, Gusai-san. You have given me some ideas on what to look for in the markets here."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 am 

''They might have a few things quite similar'' he replied with a smile

''If you need company in the markets, let me know''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:10 am 

"Thank you, but I think Mirumoto Kenzo-san, as my yojimbo, would feel a little slighted if I were to ask anyone else before asking him," she chuckled at that. "Though of course, there are times when his duties to the Explorers take him somewhere else, and he would probably feel more at ease knowing that his charge is not undefended."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:15 am 

''Of course'' he replied raising his cup ''But like you said, should he be busy I can always help''

Equipment (visible):

Page 3 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3