Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: The Great Peacemaker (Day 6 Early Morning)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:45 am 

It was early, when Yasuhiro arrived at the Amaterasu's Grace, and all things considered his sleep hadn't been too pleasant. Still he had some business to take care of, and it was best to get it out of the way. Stepping onto his ship he made his way to the quarters of the Emerald magistrate on board.

Doji Haruka was not a woman he knew well, but hopefully this meeting would go well, even if the woman was a crane and likely despised him.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: The Great Peacemaker (Day 6 Early Morning)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:17 am 

Haruka sat alone in her office aboard the flagship, working on - of all things - her calligraphy. She consulted a copybook while brushing characters on a spare sheet of paper when she stopped and winced. The injuries from having washed ashore were still tender, even now.

She frowned at the ruined attempt at writing; the messy blotch of ink spreading without sense or order on the page. Setting her brush and ink aside, she took the offending scrap of paper and placed it in a nearby heater ahead of her morning appointments.

Watching the paper char and curl into ash, Haruka contemplated a great number of things quickly. When the evidence of her weakness was gone, she returned to her desk.

"Come in, Matsu-san."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 am 

There wasn't a shred of weakness around the lion, two days after the storm, and his injuries were nearly gone. As he was bade to enter he opened the door and stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

Offering the magistrate a deep bow, he spoke. "Doji-sama, my apologies for taking up your time this early in the morning, but there is something I need to bring to your attention."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 am 

"Oh?" Haruka asked, resting her hands upon her lap. Serene, cool, collected. That was the image she wanted to project. Canting her head slightly at a nearby servant, she made an unspoken call for refreshments.

"Please, have a seat, Matsu-san. Join me for breakfast and we will talk about these matters that concern you. There ought well be time for that before the meetings of the day, yes?"

It was a power move, in the most polite and Crane way. Haruka wasn't going to let the Matsu dictate the pace she'd handle things in her little realm on this ship and she prodded in reminding that there was a proper way to broach topics: to speak around it rather than rushing right in.

But then again, he was a Matsu...

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:27 am 

"That is truly a kind offer Doji-sama, but I must polietly decline, I feel a second meal would make a glutton out of me and I always break my fast shortly after my morning exercises. Still I wouldn't think to disturb your own attempt to partake of Inari-no-Kami's blessing, so I would be happy to partake in a cup of tea while you eat." The Matsu replied polietly after he took the offered seat.

He was a Matsu after all, and just because The Crane was accustomed to lazy mornings didn't mean he was. Booooring. His grandmother murmured through a stifled yawn. "Not too bad looking though. Might be nice to see someone take her on that desk of hers though, kimono half ripped off..." There was a short pause, as the ghost was imagining the scene. "Not you though, boy. She's far to Crane for you."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:42 am 

Haruka was no medium, which was great for her composure since she didn't have to hear Grandma Matsu negging her at the end of that weirdly specific (and sexual) assessment.

"Your concern is appreciated, Matsu-san, and I would not press you to break from your routines. Tea it is, then." Haruka replied graciously. A cup and tea was provided for Yasuhiro and, as a bit of perfunctory courtesy, a wagashi to accompany the tea. A servant, or crewmember acting as such, did the pouring. There may have been undertones to be sussed out, but all provisions met the expected level of hospitality and not one bit more or less.

"The morning is usually a time of calm and contemplation. Where one can focus on the day's events, or speak of things which will require the breadth of the day to consider. May I ask as to what has brought you to my table this day, Matsu-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 am 

Remarkably the Matsu did manage to retain his composure, that was because he was used to such comments from his grandmother though. Of course he would never comment, not when people were present.

The tea and wagashi were greeted with a nod of thanks, though he didn't quite touch then yet. "It's not likely to be something that will take the entirety of your day Doji-sama. Though I thought it was something best address early, especially considering I have a meeting later this morning, and it might prove pertinent.

"I have issued a challenge to the Captain of this vessel, Muhaki Zabieru, and I have need of the Emerald Office to make sure this is all done within the bounds of the law."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:39 am 

"That is certainly within the auspices of the Office, Matsu-san." Haruka concealed any feeling she had about duels. They were an inevitable fact of life among the samurai, even here in paradise.

"I will need to know what brought about this matter of honor. Please, be thorough."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 am 

"It was late last night, well after the full moon has risen, and I found myself out because of a peculiar feeling about the evening. Eventually I found Seppun Hikari-sama outside the cities brothel. It seems she had discovered the corpse of a young woman from the brothel murdered out in the streets."

"I moved in to offer what aid I could, and a few short moments later Muhaki Zabeiru-san, arrived on the scene. I must admit I instantly disliked the man, because some of the first words out of his mouth was to accuse Seppun-sama and myself of the crime, something I at first took as a poor jest, but later came to conclusion he actually meant it, as he went so far as to make similar accusations again."

"Seppun-sama, went on to assure Muhaki-san that she was a officer of the law, and was investigating the scene. At which point I offered what assistance I could to Seppun-sama. This was followed by Muhaki-san questioning her right to investigate the scene, denying her position in the order. I thought this enough to warrant a challenge from Seppun-sama, but she placed investigating the crime of a higher degree of importance. She did once again say that she had jurisdiction in these matters, and asked Muhaki-san if he happened to know the dead woman."

"Muhaki then named the dead woman a whore, and insinuated that he was there to visit the establishment, something I took as a insult to his betrothed, who we have yet to find on the island. He then went on to question our own reasons for being there, his tone and words mocking. Perhaps I should of tried to issue the challenge there, but Seppun-sama seemed to have everything well in hand."

"She declared that the woman was murdered by something that fell into her preview, and I had found the tracks of what might of been the assailant, so we were about to set in when Muhaki-san interrupted again. This time with insults, the first was to Seppun-sama, when he questioned her intelligence. The second was towards the murdered one, who he said we simply shouldn't care about. In doing so he failed in Compassion and insinuated we should do the same."

"Muhaki-san tried to cover it with words of caution, but they simply did not hold up to his previous words. Seppun-sama then informed him he was failing in his duty as a captain, to not give his aid, at which point we set off, if he wished to fail in Courage, Compassion, and Duty, he would have the Kharmic debt for that."

The Lion had been calm in his tone before this point, clinical in his assessments. As he drew to the end of the tale though his tone turned cold. "It didn't stop there though. He continued his insults and this time towards Seppun-sama and myself. He insulted our intentions, our knowledge, and out abilities. Again insinuating we were the type of scum who would abandon a task because it was difficult." There was a small pause as he took a breath.

"He went on to describe the fate as he saw it for Seppun Hikari-sama and myself if we were to try, I will not repeat them unless you ask though, as I feel they are too vulgar to bear repeating. That was followed again by insinuating we were failing in our duties, and that Hantei-no-kimi would want us to let this dead woman lie in the streets, and let foul creatures roam the streets."

"That was the moment I issued my challenge. Though I also offered him the chance to apologize, which he did. Though he took that chance as well to mock us, There was no apology to our honor or for his insults, and I felt right to point that out to him."

His voice turned firm. "In one conversation he insulted myself, my honor, and the Honor of Hantei-no-kimi, He failed in six of the Sevens Tenets of Bushido. Courtesy, Duty, Courage, Sincerity, Compassion, and Honesty, and in doing that he has insulteed the Memory of Akodo-no Kami. I seek this duel be one to the death under these conditions."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:54 pm 

Haruka was silent for a long while, mulling the Matsu's words. She looked him over with an assessing glare as he testified.

As he concluded, she reached for a sheet of paper.

"Certainly a trying evening for you, Matsu-san. Imperial justice will take your testimony into account, though there will have to be an accounting with Seppun-sama and the Muhaki himself. Tell me, what were your findings with regard to the dead woman?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:45 pm 

"I didn't examine the body myself, but Seppun-sama ascertained that she had been drained of all blood."

"As for the trail it went dead after a short distance."

((Aka the thread stalled out.))

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:15 am 

"Drained of all blood?" Haruka asked, her interest piqued. She was not knowledgeable in such dark things, but she had heard of the debased heretics back home that did such things. Could they have followed the fleet out to this place?

A thoughtful expression matched Haruka's silence before she nodded to Yasuhiro. "I will make my recommendations on this matter and relay it to the Admiral for his final adjudication. This duel involves high officers of the imperial fleet and it will be his decision to make as to whether it will proceed or not."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 am 

"Yes, Doji-sama." He confirmed with a nod. "Those were the words Seppun-sama used at least." He didn't know any more then that.

"I will consent to whatever is seen as the best course of action." The lion confirmed dipping into a bow from his seat.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 am 

"Your consent is noted, Matsu-san, but unnecessary. We are all beholden to the law, consent or not." A power move of a statement from Haruka or was this girl just that hard up on the law itself?

"Have you reported the findings of your investigation to imperial authorities other than myself? If the gaijin are unwilling to act on something that drains the blood out of someone, it must then be our hand that does something about it."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:26 am 

Whatever it was, the Lion didn't seem to mind as he took a sip of his tea. Now that his piece had been said he felt somewhat relieved. Hopefully soon the silly gaijin would pay for his words. "Not as of yet Doji-sama, though it's my believe Seppun-sama will make a report of her own soon enough." She was the ranking Jade magistrate after all. "I'd be more then willing to make such a report if you like though."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am 

"Please do so. Exsanguinated bodies concern me, because in no time since the Kami arrived on this world has that ever signified anything good."

Haruka made a mental note to have to track this herself.

"Is there any other business you wish to bring before me then, Matsu-san?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:12 am 

"I will then." He offered with a nod, making a mental note to make time for such in the next few days. though he wasn't certain who he should approach.

At the second question he shook his head. "No, that was all I needed Doji-sama. Thank you for your time."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:37 am 

"It is nothing to thank me for, Matsu-san. My time is that of the Emperor's servants. Carry the Fortunes." Haruka bid the Lion farewell with grandiose humility like only a Crane could, would, do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:59 am 

Yasuhiro offered the woman a bow after he rose to his feet. "Carry the fortune as well, Doji-sama." He offered before making his.

/exit

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]