Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Ponyslam 500 (D7, LM)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:10 pm 

Bellena had requested a meeting with the Imam of the Purple Mosque through the office of the governor that morning and arrived promptly in her garb from the time she lived in the burning sands. She arrived and was directed to a place where the meeting was to take place.

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: Ponyslam 499 (D7, LM)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:16 pm 

Alas, this was the time when Mahasin was teaching children, so Bellena had to wait. Fortunately, the meeting place was the library and by the ease with which she had been left to her own devices there she could assume certain sheikh had put a good word for her sometime prior to this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 pm 

Bellena went to the portion of the library that would contain any documents from the earliest days of the mosque on Kameyama Jima. She was looking for info as to the nature of any of the objects that may have been a part of the Unicorn treasure that was lost and supposedly hidden somewhere on the island so that it could be identified when found.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm 

[Perception/Investigation (Search) vs. TN20. Fitting Lore Skill to the Total.]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:45 pm 

Bellena did not appear to find anything super useful to her quest...

---

Inv/Perc- 12

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:48 pm 

While wasting a good portion of the morning trying. Just enough for Mahasin to arrive.

"Alaikum as-Salaam, lella, Shinjo be merciful. You wished to see me."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:51 pm 

Bellena smiled and nodded, ""Alaikum as-Salaam, Imam, Shinjo be merciful. Thank you for seeing me. I hope I haven't disturbed your teaching."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:56 pm 

"I also put children before adults. They are the future as w slowly slip into the past." Mahasin smirked gently. "What is that I can help you with?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:01 pm 

She smiled and nodded, "I came to talk to you on behalf of the Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar on a couple of matters of importance to the island."

She looked to the books that she had been perusing, "The first of which I tried to learn a bit about from reading here this morning... but I'm afraid I wasn't able to find much. It appears that Saaji has been asked to inquire about the fortune that was allegedly stolen by a Thranish pirate years ago and stored here... I was wondering if there was any description of what had been lost that was sent to any of the previous Imams or administrators of this Mosque..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:07 pm 

Mahasin was silent for a long moment.

"I understand you have important friends, lella, and it grants you quite a bit among us. But you're not one of the umma and this matter is very sensitive and close to the heart of every Unicorn. You would need to tell me more of why you inquire about it, and what would you do with the knowledge if it was awarded to you."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 pm 

She nodded, "My liege is looking for it at the request of the leaders of the Tarkhanate. The Explorers here under the Rokugani flags are also searching for it... I'd prefer to get information to the Sheikh as soon as I can, so as to let him make the decisions rather than the new Easterling prince."

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: Ponyslam 500 (D7, LM)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm 

"They are searching for it? Why?" Mahasin stiffened, looking with greater scrutiny at Bellena. "Has Sheikh al-Hattar authorised you to do it or is it your own initiative?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 pm 

"The Rokugani Prince has made it known that he believes it to be the property of his people as a result of its association with the Thranish captain who possessed it and whom the Rokugani had conflict with." Bellena replied.

"Sheikh al-Hattar mentioned it to me in a meeting I had with him, and I wish to provide any helpful information to him that will help him accomplish his task appointed by the Khan."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:57 pm 

"I don't think it came directly from any of the Khans. Both have greater concerns. More like from Sidi Mansoor who has a more personal stake in it. Trying grandeur on me doesn't work too well, lella. Keep that in mind."

Mahasin looked at Bellena sceptically, then sighed.

"But I suppose I have little choice given how my own people have done little to pursue this with efficacy. Follow me."

She led Bellena deeper into the library.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:01 pm 

"I assure you Lady Imam, it was not an attempt at grandeur. I apologize for my lack of understanding, I merely expressed what had been implied to me he spoke about it in conjunction with other requests he had received from various leaders."

She nodded her head in thanks and followed.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:17 pm 

"I can understand the grudge the Imperial prince holds against Hawthorne. He robbed us and murdered our own. If he still lived, he would deserve death from our hands. We have dispatched most of those who have ever wronged us, but not him. Out of principle and out of need to retrieve what's ours, I have been pursuing traces of him here. He has left a mark on this island, and I think his loot is still somewhere around here."

She paused, putting gloves on before reaching for a volume put aside in a cloth, then put it on a lectern, then opened it. It looked like it was in a very poor shape. The pages were yellow from rot, stains of dirt dotted the rims, sheets had holes from some insects that bore through it. It exuded a faint scent of death.

"This belonged to a man called Archibald Dunfrey." She was leaving a part of the story there in a moment of silence when she was looking for the selected page. "Not everything is readable but this passage is. The man was the quartermaster on the Eternal, one of the vessels in the last of Hawthorne's armadas. He wrote down here that it was Hawthorne who had discovered the island, and he had stayed in these waters for two weeks. By the end of that fortnight, he gave out four pieces of a map - or four separate maps, it is unclear - to four of his officers, and ordered them not to say a word about them to the Merenaese vessels they had sighted and intended to approach. Dunfrey actually sneaked into his captain's cabin and copied the map, or so his diary claims. But the page..." She turned several. "...is missing. It was torn out."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 pm 

She listened intently and nodded, ""Is there any mention of the names of the four men he might have distributed these maps to? And who would have had access to this document that could have taken the page?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm 

"Like I said, not everything is readable. And I can't know. The journal was retrieved after his death in its current state."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:41 pm 

She nodded, ""It's possible that the port might have records of important Thranish captains and their ships... I'll look into this further and let you know what I find. This is most helpful milady Imam."

She looked up after offering a sincere nod of thanks, "Is there any other information you are aware of?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 pm 

"Not at this point. But I expect nothing to be withheld from me on this, lella. I've taken a leap of faith by trusting you with this but if you don't respect the Unicorn right to retrieve what is ours, I will consider it an act of betrayal." Mahasin nodded back, her gaze intensive.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next