Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Following the Music [Day 5, Late Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm 

The boy shrugged helplessly at the remark, smiling brightly in apology at Sakia.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 pm 

Kaiya looked to Sakia and offered a slight nod, but the woman was already well under way, "If you would be so kind Hida Ringo-sama," she said, recalling the man from all that time ago. Rather astonishingly for at least one person there.

"If you would please inform him that Seppun Kaiya-sama is here in search of a place in which she might stay during our time on this island, and to offer our introductions as appropriate," she made as a formal request.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:05 am 

Ringo nods. "I will certainly relay that to him. As for what the young man said, he inquired if Saika-san is here for the music."

He turns his attention back to the young man and offers him a polite bow. "Please forgive the wait. First allow me to make some introductions. This is Seppun Kaiya sayyeda, she is of higher standing than I. I am Hida Ringo, an engineer and I shall be acting as an interpreter for this group. Finally we have Saika lella who is Seppun Kaiya sayyeda's attendant.

I relayed what you said to Saika lella.
" He gestures to the appropriate people as he makes introductions.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 am 

"Thank you for translating, Sidi." The boy brightened. "Please tell the wonderful ladies that I am Hafez, a setar player apprenticing for a great master of music Saffidin al-Urmawi. Mekhem's guidance for you all." He couldn't leave his eyes away from Sakia for long.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 am 

Ringo nods. "No worries. I am happy to."

He gestures to the young man. "This is Hafez. He is a sitar player apprenticing to master musician Saffidin al-Urmawi-sensei."

He has some trouble interpreting the rest. "He said something about wishing Mekhem's blessing upon us. Oh... and he raved upon the beauty from both of you."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am 

Sakia almost laughed at the idea that the direction was in fact toward her, but the young mans attention only made that appear to be the honest interpretation. Nevertheless this circumstance played to giving the girl reason to check with Kaiya as to the proper method of response. Whatever it was Kaiya said with her symbols and signals to Sakia remained between the girls but it didn't seem to allow Sakia to approach this any easier.

"Please inform him of our purpose, that Seppun Kaiya-sama must find lodging somewhere in this city and that it is indeed the music which has brought her to search for this place. If you would also explain my position to him as Seppun Kaiya-sama's attendant," she paused and before she said the next cast her eyes elsewhere in their surrounding. "Seppun Kaiya-sama feels that would be most proper, Hida Ringo-sama."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:41 am 

Ringo nods. "I will try to explain to him. I do not know how well these gaijin will understand our morale and values."

He looks back to Hafez. "Seppun Kaiya sayyeda is currently looking for lodgings on the island. She has an appreciation for music which brought her here. Sakia lella is the personal attendant for Seppun sayyeda. I guess another way to explain it is that she is a personal servant. It is her job to look after her lady. As such proper etiquette has to be followed as well."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 pm 

The young man brightened even more.

"Master Saffidin has a big house, I think he can grant some space to other musicians."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:45 am 

Ringo nods at the information and turns back to Kaiya and Saika. "Hafez says that Saffidin-sensei may have some extra room for other musicians. I believe that he is offering to mediate on your behalf."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 am 

Sakia and Kaiya looked to one another, and Kaiya removed the Flute she had used to show people in order to arrive here to the young man. Using it as a means of communication of her intent. Yet, still, Sakia looked to Ringo and asked, "Hida Ringo-sama, if you would be so kind as to accept his kind offer on our behalf. Your assistance has been much appreciated."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:56 pm 

The young man got the message immediately, seeing the flute being brandished.

"I can lead them both there right away!" He exclaimed, forgetting that he had come here to practice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:28 am 

There was a clear excitement at the response that neither Sakia nor Kaiya could ignore. Kaiya herself at least had some idea of the situation and then slid the flute back away before turning to Sakia and signing something to her in full view of the others. Perhaps surprising the both.

"Hida Ringo-sama," Sakia said as she looked to the man, "Seppun Kaiya-sama feels she may take it from here and wishes to thank you for your most generous use of your abilities in this matter."

Both women bowed to the Hida, "Thank you, Hida Ringo-sama."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 am 

Ringo offers a polite bow back. "If that is what you wish but I can help you a bit further. I am hesitant to leave you both along until I am certain that you have secured some lodgings." He gives his 2 zeni on the matter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am 

The boy didn't understand what held the ladies back but he waited patiently, trying to draw Sakia's gaze the the beauty of the vista of Mount Kappa.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:43 am 

"There will," she had a slight pause as she felt her attention being pulled elsewhere but was back on course in a moment. Long before she actively turned to look at the mountain. "There will be no need Hida-sama. You have been of great assistance but Seppun Kaiya-sama is confident in her ability to finish her task from here," Sakia finished with a glance to Kaiya for confirmation and the woman nodded.

As both women bowed, Sakia glanced up once again. Unsure of what was trying to be called to her attention she looked toward the direction but almost seemed not to see it. As if she was looking for something else entirely. Puzzled she tried to focus on finishing up with Hida Ringo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:07 am 

Ringo nods and then offers them a polite bow goodbye. "In that case, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavours and hope to meet with you both again soon. Carry the Fortunes.|

He looks over to Hafez and offers him a bow too. "It looks like this is where we part ways, please look after the ladies Si Hafez."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:49 am 

"I will, Sidi. Thank you for everything!" The boy would depart with both as soon as they were ready to do so. He had the grand task before him, to find common tongue with lella Saqiya!

/exit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am 

Ringo offers polite bows goodbye again and then heads off on his own business.

/exit

Page 2 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2