Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Aqahbian Nights (LE - D7)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 pm 

It was getting late in the evening. But any chance to practice his Mekhem was welcome. Still in his gaijin wear having left the Belching Parrot recently, he opted to take time through thr walled Ki-rin enclave.

His miscolored eyes taking in the sights, as he strolled. His wakizashi comfortably within reach, should it be needed. He tiok in the aroma of the place, finding it very different than the Western Port he had so far explored.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Aqahbian Nights (LE - D7)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 pm 

Ruqqayah made her way through Little Aqahba, as well. Unlike Anzai, it was nostalgic, the fading scent of spices from home and restaurants, the architecture and clothing. She wandered, taking in the late evening scenery, lit by light from windows. She spots and unusual-looking man in gaijin clothes, with distinctive Rokugani features, not mixed like her own. She nods to him with a smile. "Good evening," she greeted in Mekhem.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm 

"Good evening. I'm sorry, my Mekhem will not be perfect." He smiled to the woman, returning her nod. "May I join you for some time?" He figured it would be a good chance to practice.

"My name is Shosuro Anzai."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 pm 

"Pleased to meet you. I am Iuchi Ruqqayah," she replies. "Please join me. I always enjoy meeting new people. You're with the explorers, I take it."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:55 pm 

Iuchi? "I am. From Clan Scorpion." He nodded to the woman, his eyes taking a moment to linger over her. "Thank you, for allowing me to walj with you."

As they began to move, he would keep his face turned to her. "Iuchi. You are one of the Ki-rin? It is very exciting to have found you." His smile was wider, letting the words hang if he meant just her or their whole clan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 am 

"It's exciting to meet someone from another of Rokugan's Clans," she replied with a warm smile. "I am... We call ourselves the Unicorn Clan now."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 am 

Unicorn. Right. I must remember that.

"I couldn't have imagined when we set out that we would have run into the scions of Shinjo-kami on this expedition." His eyes focused on her, noting the way the smile reached her eyes.

How did all the women of the Unicorn end up so attractive? Is this what everyone else thinks of the Scorpion?

"I hope we don't seem to be poor houseguests here on the island."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 am 

"I've heard there's been tension, but I, at least, am glad to finally be able to meet the Clans who stayed in the Empire. It's like being reunited with long-lost family." A short, soft laugh came from her. "If you have, it hasn't been so severely that I've heard much of it. But then, I may as well have been living under a rock until yesterday morning."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm 

"Well, I've been trying to speak with the locals, both the common folk and those in power. Diplomacy is why I was sent. Hopefully I can do what is possible to ease those tensions." He nodded in response, watching the woman. "And it should be marked ad such a joyous occasion to be so reunited."

He knew others doubted the claims, or questioned the Unicorn of their parentage. Ide. Iuchi. But no direct scions of Shinjo. At least, he had not met any yet.

"I do find myself very curious about the travels of your Clan."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:21 pm 

"Indeed it should. I suppose, with so many unknowns, I can understand why it isn't being greeted with more fanfare, though," she admits with a soft sigh. She perks up at the question. "That... would be a very long story. It would certainly take until late to relate all of it, not the least of which because some of it is three four different stories as the different families explored on their own for some time. I could tell some this evening, though, and perhaps continue later?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 pm 

"I could think of few better things than spending an evening in the company of one such as yourself." He let the words hangs in the air for a moment, his smirk ever present. "To hear the stories, of course. I am eager to learn about our distant family."

He pondered the sigh for a moment. Frustration? Who elsr had this one spoken to? How were the other Explorer's handling the revelation. He knew how his Captain felt, and Utsusemi had warned him to be cautious.

He wouldn't let those thoughts show on his features.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:56 pm 

She chuckled a bit at that. "You are too kind, Shosuro-san. All right, then... I suppose I'll begin the story with our last contact with the Empire..." With that, she begins to fill him in on the history of the Unicorn up until the families chose to go their separate ways and explore, trying to find a way back to the Empire. "We didn't intend to be gone so long initially, but we encountered nothing but figurative walls in our attempts to find our way back."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:11 am 

Anzai listened with rapt attention. Taking in the little details. Not wanting to interrupt with questions or other nonsense, while she was speaking.

He had been urged to be cautious. His mind told him that was the sensible thing to do.

Why be sensible in the face of something so fantastical?

"And here we all are, reuniting at Kameyama Jima. To think that the return could happen now. Only one month by boat away."

The thought of anothet harrowing month at sea struck him. He wasn't exactly eager to return to the watery embrace of the sra.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 am 

"Indeed... Quite a lot has happened since then. Though trying to get the entire Tarkhanate across the sea would be a... challenge to say the least these days," she muses with a soft chuckle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:49 am 

"Would the entire Tarkhanate wish to?" He mused allowed, watching the Unicorn for her reaction, any insight into her thinking. There would be something else in his lingering gaze, but that was par for the course for him.

"I'm afraid I don't know much about the Tarkhanate itself, but that will come with time." As he spoke, it was clear he was being deliberate with his words, trying to make sure the grammar was correct.

"Though I think you've already given me quite the education. Maybe you could tell me about yourself?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 am 

"Probably not... While many of us are still nomadic, we also have our own cities now." She smiled. She didn't miss the gaze, but decided not to worry about it. "What would you like to know?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 am 

"Anything you felt comfortable sharing with a foreign stranger. You already have my interest, Iuchi-san." He let his smile rise to his eyes, a gleam in those miscolored orbs. He was tempted to use his schooling to learn things she may be trying to hide.

But he did only just meet her. He just kept smiling, watching her eyes as they walked.

"What was your childhood like?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:57 am 

"Well, we're a scholarly family anyway, and I'm a sahir. So a good portion of my childhood was spent studying," she replied with a smile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:57 pm 

"A worthwhile endeavor. Studious people are some of my favorite. I can learn so much from speaking with someone like you." He allowed his own smile to linger, before looking about the area they strolled down.

"Any particular subject you enjoyed?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:56 pm 

"Hmm... I've particularly enjoyed learning about other cultures and their beliefs and practices... So I admit that the arrival of your group has been particularly fortuitous for me. I'm very excited to learn more," she said with a smile, genuine enthusiasm lighting her up. "I even met someone earlier to day who was willing to teach me about the arts and tea ceremony."

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next