Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: A little more information? (D7 LE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm 

Remembering Yasuhiro's suggestion, and preferring this church far more than the fanatical Mosque, Suihime returned to the Church. Unlike the previous time, where she just wanted to know the area, this time she went looking for someone knowledgeable. Maybe the person in charge would be able to help her.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

Post subject: Re: A little more information? (D7 LE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm 

The priest just stopped talking two a cloaked figure who entered the church right after, accompanied by one more. Then, he walked to meet another unexpected late guest.

"How can I help you, my child? Good you didn't come later, I was about to close the gate."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:42 pm 

"Forgive me for my late arrival" Suihime bowed to the man "my name is Miya Suihime. I am part of the Imperial Explorers that arrived recently, as I am sure you are aware. I hoped that one here would be able to identify something I have found."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:41 pm 

Padre nodded slowly.

"It seems like it's urgent for you. Is it a religious text or artifact of the Faith of Kharsis? I am afraid my expertise does not reach far beyond that."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:21 pm 

"If I am to be completely honest, I don't know. It is language that I have never seen before."

She took out a small piece of paper, opening it. Inside was a line written down from the wall of her home.

"I was hoping that someone here may know where the language orignates from, perhaps the people who write it, even if they do not understand what it says."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm 

The priest squinted hard to see pictographs in the dark.

"Are these... pictures? It looks like a picture tale from somewhere deeper into the Burning Sands. I think you'd have greater luck in Little Aqahba, Senorita." He tensed a little. "But it gives me ominous feelings. Whatever this means, it is about nothing good." He shuddered and looked up. "Maybe it's not too wise to dwell on this?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:54 pm 

"I had concern you may say that" Suihime frowned slightly "I have had problem with the woman from the Mosque. This writing was on the walls Senor, I would want to at least know the origins if nothing else. It is my Duty to know these things, as given to me by Hantei-denka. It does not make me feel comfortable either."

Especially when it moves....

"Senor, I have come at a late hour and brought something that made you uncomfortable. For that, I must apologise and offer to assist. How may I help you to compensate for my disruption?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 pm 

"No hour is too late for seeking truth, my child." His gaze went to the chapel briefly. "Perhaps I could lend you a reading on the life of Kharsis so you are more familiar with who and what we believe in?"

He paused. "Patience and compassion is needed to deal with Lady Mahasin but she's a very insightful theologian with interesting remarks when her basic beliefs are not challenged. It's easy for any of us to arrive at a point when we cannot speak to or listen to each other because of our different beliefs. I try to respectfully disagree when my creed is questioned, but always seek dialogue." Some difficulty in discussing the subject made him shake on his feet before he regained balance. "Intolerance can lead to terrible suffering."

He looked up after a moment. "Try at the Painted Square, Senorita. There are many educated people meeting there, scholars and artists from far away. Maybe one of them will be able to tell you more."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:45 pm 

There is clear interest at the offer. "If it would be no issue, I would certainly welcome knowing more. I know a little of the religion from my studies, but there is more to learn still. Thank you Senor, for your patience and assistance" Suihime bowed "in time, I hope to repair the damaged relation between me and Mahasin. A...clash of cultures shall we say was the original issue, as I was unprepared for her, ah, not sure of the word. Passionate devotion? I will take your suggestions to heart though."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:44 am 

"Then please follow me to the parsony." He smiled a little, then turned with a sigh and started walking. "I am sorry I am not any faster. Eh, I was a good runner in my days." He shrugged self-deprecatingly. "Mahasin is not above forgiveness as her deity as she understands her can also be compassionate and merciful. This is why she and I can agree sometimes."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:01 am 

"I am not so quick myself Senor, please do not feel you need to rush. It allows me to have more time in your honoured company" Suihime offered with a smile, happy to move at his pace "it was the matter of her faith that caused the disagreement. What do you know of Rokugani faith Senor?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm 

"Thank you, you are very kind, Senorita." The old man smiled as they walked through the apple orchard. "A little. I studied it a bit in my younger days."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:02 pm 

"Then you know of the Kami, the Daughters and Sons of the Heavens that fell to the land of Rokugan. One of them is Shinjo-no-kami, the Kami of the Ki-Rin, now known as the Unicorn. The Lost Daughter as she is called by some in the Unicorn it seems. In Rokugan all the gods are worshipped equally, so I was surprised to hear how she spoke of the other Kami" Suihime explained as they walked

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:21 pm 

He nodded. "But you don't worship the Ninth Child, do you? Neither do I, or her. All faiths make exceptions. Kharsis also had brothers and sisters. Conquest, Shadow, and others. The Yodotai worship them much like you worship your Kami. My faith, and Mahasin's, focuses less on the divine origins and more what the god did with her divinity when she walked among people. Kharsis redeemed us. With her sacrifice she gave us a promise of salvation. The Unicorn also believe that their Goddess is ready to transcend all darkness to return to them to save them." He sighed. "I don't want to judge your faith, Senorita, but perhaps it would be interesting for you to look at your Kami from this perspective."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 am 

"I would like to believe I am tolerant of all faiths, Senor. I was just surprised at how lowly she viewed the other Kami was all" Suihime nodded thoughtfully "I understand there are other faiths and beliefs. I have done my best to study them, so I can avoid giving offense. I shall offer her an apology when I next see her though, as perhaps I was not as tolerant as I should have been to her views."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 am 

"If there is one thing that I learned in my life of seeking piety, Senorita, is that the Goddess I believe in knows my my heart and knows the world I live in. It may be with your deities too. Sometimes it is necessary to keep the faith in silence, to accept the clothes and symbols that are not yours so that the Goddess could work through you over the life you have but that would end anyway. Martyrs can manifest the strength of their faith only once and don't live to see the consequences of their courage. And those consequences often bring about death and destruction among the innocent..." The man seemed to be weakening as he spoke, and tumbled in the orchard, supporting himself against the tree.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:07 pm 

"Senor!" Suihimes eyes widened as he stumbled into the orchard, moving closer "allow me to assist you, please."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 pm 

"I am sorry to trouble you, Senorita." He said weakly as he accepted assistance, trying to grasp the trunk with the other hand. "I am a very old man. It's only through Kharsis' Mercy that I live this long, but she may call me soon."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:15 pm 

"Is there any I can call for? Family? perhaps?" Suihime offered, moving close enough that the man could lean on her entirely "it is not much further to go.""

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 pm 

He climbed up a little, then accepted her support. "I think I can manage now." And slowly, they approached the parsony, where he could lean on the wall. "It looks like this body is getting too obsolete for the daily tasks." He tried some humour to alleviate her worry.

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next