Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: The Old Mill (D8, EN, Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 pm 

Up the banks of the Puahu, where the more developed agricultural areas of the island begin to fade into jungle, there stands an old water mill. It predates Genta's mill and tannery in the West Port by a good many years. The old mill originally ground flour, and a certain scent of grain still clings to the air inside, along with that of the old, worn wood that makes up its exterior.

The older construction, the mist that crawls forward over it from the jungle, and the soft shifting and groaning of the water wheel that still turns with the flow of the river gives the place a slightly haunted air. However, for those who know of it and seek privacy, it's perfect. The inside is surprisingly well maintained, with little of the mold or damage from the wet atmosphere one might expect. It's clear from that and it's continued function that someone is maintaining it.

Wrapped in mist and darkness, Ruqqayah finds the old building, circling to the side to discover the door. She knew someone would be there tonight. Someone expecting her. She could feel it here, of the three possibilities. Stepping inside, she looked around for Ban.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

Post subject: Re: The Old Mill (D8, EN, Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm 

He was standing by the narrow window overlooking the wheel, watching as it trundled around. As she entered, he turned in her direction. He was wearing a similar kimono as before, just with the golden thread now, though in moonlight it was still illuminated like silver. "I'm glad you have come, Ruqqayah." He began to walk toward her...

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 pm 

"It's good to see you, Ban," she replied warmly. Stepping forward to meet him. Some part of her was a little self-conscious as she stepped into the moonlight without her scarf, dark laying loose over her shoulders and down to her hips, becoming increasingly wavey the farther down it went. A neatly-trimmed fringe lay across her forehead.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 pm 

He stopped before her and reached out to touch her hair, stroking down toward the wavy registers all the while finding her gaze. "You have revealed your beautiful hair to me." It was a statement of the fact that had a question embedded in it, demonstrating his awareness of the significance of the gesture.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 pm 

Her eyes found his for a moment before closing as her ran his fingers through her hair. It felt nice. Only she had touched it... Or seen it, really, for several years. "Ah... Yes. My scarf was damaged a bit earlier. It seemed all right to let you see it down, though," she replied, opening her peridot orbs to look up again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:42 pm 

"I'll bring you a new one next time. I enjoy the thought that I am the one to see them like this." As his fingers gently combed into her hair, he raeached to the back of his head with the other hand and undid the knot holding his. Their length unfurled onto his shoulders and back.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 am 

"I'll find something to wear over it until tomorrow evening, then," she said, gaze watching in fascination as he releases his hair. Her hand moves almost of its own accord, reaching up to the side of his face and softly running her fingers through it from his hairline to the end. "It looks good unbound. Hmm... seeing one another like this feels a bit like a metaphor."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 am 

"The skins we wear for the sake of the world itch sometimes." He agreed, accepting her touch as he continued his, reaching up to where the flow of her hair was altered by her ear underneath, and tracing its shape. "And here we can shed them for a while."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 am 

"Even with good reasons for them, they still do. Having someone else see, acknowledge, and accept the person beneath makes the rest of the time easier... The itch is more bearable," she moved her head a little to the side, encouraging of his touch. Her thumb traced the edge of his cheek and jaw.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 am 

"I cherish who you are." His fingers combed off her hair by her ear and caressed the earlobe as he embraced her, pulling her toward him, firmly. "I want more of who you are." His lips found hers knowingly, not letting go easily this time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:33 am 

She sucked in a breath as she finds herself suddenly, firmly against. Her heart was beating faster, faster than the first tentative contacts yesterday. The thought occurred to her that they didn't know each other much at all, yet... but then, it was oddly hard to imagine that they might learn something that would least either of them to accept the other less. But she still wanted to...

And then the thought was gone with the contact of his lips, her eyes closing, hand finding the back of his neck. Other questions could wait for right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:56 am 

He kissed her strongly, but methodically and carefully, not letting too much passion make it sloppy. His lips were where they were supposed to be, drawing her deeper into the world in his arms where she was in the centre, and she was his. His world was not a cloistered one, but expansive, and as they kissed it felt as if they were both rising above the ground, extending their horizons in all directions...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:30 am 

He seemed to know precisely what to do, to be able to measure everything for the best effect on her. She wasn't lost in it, not so much that it made her dip into overenthusiasm, but just enough that, in the moment, their worlds were one, drawing out ever further. Rather than the world narrowed down to them, but the world at large became for them. She had no intention of pulling back early this time, embracing the feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:46 am 

Bringing her up the mountain, then ever so gently down the slope, it was him who broke the kiss. Throughout it, his hands were not restless around the low of her back, but firmly committed to steading her through and embrace of her waist. There was a certain gallantry to how he touched her, purposefully but not voraciously, not crossing some lines that existed in his mind.

Nuzzling at her cheek near her ear, he began whispering. "I enjoy how you kiss me back. It tells me a lot, and dispels my doubts. You are becoming very precious to me, Ruqqayah."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:03 am 

She smiled gently, feeling warm and affectionate in the moment. Feeling his cheek next to hers, she turned her head slightly and brushed her lips against it, a simple and sweet touch.

"I'm glad... You're becoming important to me, as well. I feel like I learned a little more just now." She asked curiously, "If I may ask... What doubts were assuaged?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:15 am 

"That I am opening up to you a little too quickly, even though I want to." He reciprocated the tenderness on the other side, his lips moving close to her ear. "Trust is a complicated thing, but we've both moved by leaps and bounds."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:59 am 

A soft chuckle sounded near his ear, and her soft voice was filled with warmth. "I worried about the same thing. It's still a little mysterious to me, still, but I don't mind." It was hard to trust... but he'd even already assessed a secret that could be seen as blasphemous. And it felt natural.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:08 am 

"Good you don't." He kissed her cheek briefly, then scooped her from the ground sideways, carrying her closer to the window where he had been watching the wheel turn. There, he sat on a step of the stairs leading up, her seated on his thighs, both able to look at the waning moon. "I wonder what the night in a desert is like."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 am 

She leaned over to lay her head on his shoulder, looking up toward the moon. "Night in the desert is beautiful... Usually clear. It gets very cold at night... Hot and bright all day, but the desert just doesn't hold onto it."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:32 am 

His hand went toward her hair, stroking the wavy part, sometimes up. The warmth of her body and her breath near his was all that he needed at that moment. "And what creatures inhabit that cold desert night?"

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next