Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 6 of 7 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: It's Against Qanon! [Event, LM8]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 am 

"It was forced into the lamp, and then unbound from it. I doubt enough remains that could be harnessed, but given that this lamp is from the Sands and was found and unleashed in Little Aqahba, I'm sure my family would prefer it be returned to them for such assessments to be made." She took a deep breath through her nose and released it through her mouth to stay calm. "Jinn offer blessings at times according to their own purposes. They're not a corruptive force by their own nature, in most cases." She decided not to address the food.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 am 

Anzai happened to enjoy the gaijin food. The flavors of Merenaese cuisine. The aromas of the food of the Burning Sands. He turned the lamp over, seeing how both Ruqqayah and Akarei had their own ideas over it.

"Perhaps a joint researching? Unicorn and Scorpion, together, could uncover the mysteries that may yet remain. Iuchi-san, this one I consider a beloved friend. She can be trusted." He indicated to Akarei, then deferred to Ruqqayah.

"Tansaku-sama. She is trustworthy. A font of knowledge. I believe the two of you would get along quite well." He nodded firmly, gingerly holding the lamp. "If you would like, I can ensure privacy in my abode for you both."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:42 am 

"You make it sound like you intend to use me as some sort of research project Yogo-san, and if thats the case I refuse. I'm a samurai not some plant to be studied."

"If you wish to test me with jade though feel free." His eyes then turned towards the Dragon. "Informing our superiors is of course nessacary Mirumoto-san. As for the gaijin food, they often use unclean animals, so Yogo-san is correct in this." There was a small pause. "If you have not been visiting a priest for the proper purification ceremonies, you may wantvto add it into your schedule."

His eyes at last turned to the strange woman who add healed him. "Thank you for your aide earlier, though I never caught your name. I am Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome. It seems you know much more about these Jinn then I, perhaps you could tell me about them? What they might be, if not creatures touched by the ninth?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:18 am 

The Tansaku woman looked to Anzai with an annoyed glare in her eyes. The malice was hard to limit as she turned her expression to one more friendly towards the Iuchi. She then looked back to her only ally and nodded. "I will trust your counsel on this matter, Shosuro-san."

Her attention went over to the Lion. "I certainly did not mean to give any other impression, Matsu-san," she stated sincerely, "I am no friend and I will never claim to be so. However, you know that I am a priestess. If anyone can help purify you, it would be me or my overseeing Jade Magistrate. It would also be useful for the Explorers to know the full extent of their potential. We were not completely prepared for today's excursion.

"But for now, let me begin the first examination." She closed her eyes and began to recite a prayer, one that hoped to strike down the most hated enemy of the Empire. The woman then extended forth her palm and illuminated the man with a blast of green energy.

---

D8 LM Jade Strike TN 20, 2 CR for Sparse Kami, +1k0 from Spellcasting 5: 6d10o10k3 20
D8 LM Jade Strike Damage... if Applicable: 3d10o10k3 16

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:26 am 

Ruqqayah opened her mouth to introduce herself, but was left drop-jawed. "What in Shinjo's-!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:54 am 

"I see, it seems I have some business to attend to before I seek the wisdom of our Superiors." His eyes turned hard. "You have disrespected my position as a Samurai, Yogo-sama. I give you this final chance to retract your eords, or you will face my challenge."

Further words were cut off as he was washed over with green light. "How dare you." He glared at the woman. "I will be reporting this crime to your superior, as well as the Emerald magistrate."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:07 am 

The redhead bowed her head, her lips a thin line. "Do as you must then, Matsu-sama." She glanced to her fellow Scorpion before replacing her mask. "If there is nothing else, then I will depart. I must attend to my ship."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 am 

Kenzo grimaced, but added no comment until the exchange was complete.

He turned to Ruqqayah, bowing to her. "Your pardon, ah..." Blast, he didn't know how to read her mons. "Iuchi-sama." Kenzo said, choosing the safe route. "Could you tell us more about... what happens next?" He spread his hands helplessly. "This is all very new to us, I fear." He glanced at Suihime curiously.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am 

Ruqqayah pressed her fingers against the sides of her nose, closing her eyes for a few moments. Finally, she released it, taking a deep breath. "Next... I think it would be best to determine whom the the Jinn may seek out. Intercept him, at least to ensure he doesn't decide to assess his target with a fight again."

Peridot green eyes turn toward the Lion, and she dipped her head. "To answer your question, Jinn are, at their most fundamental, elemental spirits, named and self-aware. There are some corrupted Jinn, but most of them simply follow their own purposes and motives that are often difficult for humans to understand. I didn't see any indication the one we met was one of the corrupted ones, though that doesn't mean his actions won't cause trouble... as you can see, I'm sure. The ones I've heard of are usually summoned and controlled by humans, but..."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:00 am 

Suihime brought her fingers to her forehead, as if pushing back the pounding headache that the others were adding to.

This is a losing battle

"Matsu-san" she finally lifted her head to look at the Lion "please return to the ship, and take some time to collect your thoughts. We will discuss this later."

She looked to the Yogo.

"Yogo-san, please remember that while Matsu-san gave you permission to test, he did not give you permission to use magic. Both are required for...what you just performed. You may go, it is not my place to intervene between you and Matsu-san, but I will include this incident in my reports."

Next, to Anzai.

"Shosuro-san, please give me the lamp for the moment. It is part of this investigation, and remember all finds are to be given to the Imperial Explorers first for study and understanding. We are here to serve the Explorers."

Finally, she looked back to the Iuchi and Kenzo. Who actually asked the important questions. "Iuchi-san, as Mirumoto-san says most of us are quite new to this situation, and would welcome guidance from an experienced woman such as yourself. You say the Jinn will seek another host, how does one track it, or determine who may be a suitable host?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:19 am 

"There are more than just the Explorers here with an interest in it," Ruqqayah notes, but relaxes her shoulders. "In the interest of future harmony, though, I'd rather not start another argument. I'm sure my people will have an interest in it, however. Perhaps assessing it might be an opportunity to work together, rather than disagreeing."

"He was able to assess and draw out the hidden from us. Consider this simply and educated guess, but... I think he'll be drawn to a person with a powerful destiny," she replied. "With anyone in the near area to choose from, it would be reasonable to guess he'd be interested in the strongest he can find. Is there anyone among the explorers who might have that? I'm not sure about the island, but no one is immediately jumping to mind who might have that."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 am 

Suihime smiled, nodding to the woman. "You are of the Unicorn, ne? So we are honoured kin. I'm certain we can arrange something that would be well suited to both parties, Iuchi-san."

Her smile faded though, and she closed her eyes, taking a few moments to straighten out her thoughts. "His Grace, Hantei-denka. None are destined to shine more than a child of the Throne."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am 

The yogo got a silent glare as she walked away,he had no idea why samurai could not act like samurai just because they were in a foreign land, but apparently it was a common occurrence. The other scorpion had even acquired gaijin clothes, in favor of rokugani fashion.

Whatever the other consequences of this venture, Yasuhiro was going to do his utmost to put a end to the folly that was the Imperial explorers. Starting first off with the removal of Lion support of the group. Well if he could manage it. Dismissing the Departing Scorpion from his mind he turned towards the others.

"So this creature intends to possess more people?" He asked quietly. "Also there was mention of another so afflicted?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:41 pm 

"Should you wish to pursue this, Matsu-sama, I can provide an accurate testimony to the Emerald Magistrate, seeing as I would be duty bound to do so, as her Yoriki." He bowed to the Lion. He had witnessed what had transpired. A flash of Akarei's power, and he was awestruck by it. And by his logic, the Matsu had agreed to the test, just not the means by which it was conducted.

He did see where the Matsu felt his honor was slighted. "Hai, Matsu-sama. The Jinn seemed to impart something within Miya-sama, as well. And I agree, Iuchi-san. That there are many interested parties in this..." He gestured to the lamp, before looking back to the group. "... And that a joint effort would do much for seeing a sharing of ideas between our great cultures."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 pm 

She frowned a little and nodded in agreement. "An Imperial scion... yes, I agree with your thought, Miya-sama."

"I am happy to leave the lamp under your protection, then. Over the course of the coming days, perhaps we can arrange a time that I might come and take a closer look."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm 

"This is acceptable Iuchi-san" Suihime nodded "the lamp can be placed in the protection of the quartermaster of the Imperial Explorers, Asahina Yajinden-sama. Please let me know when you wish to study it, and I will have it brought to an agreed location."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 pm 

"As you will Shosuro-san." A nod was given to the Scorpio, he wouldn't argue against the man's duty, though he doubted it would be honest, and likely would be laced with opinions. The man dressed himself up in gaijin clothes, talked largely in gaijin tonques. Next he would take up Gaijin religion... He was not to be trusted.

Leave it to a Crane to put him into a position of authority,... Though thinking about it he had likely slept his way into the roll. When the fact came up that Suihime had been invested as well, he frowned softly. He didn't speak up and voice any concerns though.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 pm 

Kenzo bowed. "A joint project sounds like an excellent idea. I've been working with Ide Mohan-sama on some things, already, as it happens. Unrelated to this, of course."

He grimaced, turning to address everyone generally. "If this Jinn were to seek out Hantei-denka..." His grimace deepened, unwilling to finish the thought.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 am 

There was a slight register of recognition at the name. Akaichou's friend, yes. The Scorpion didn't seem to allow that recognition show on his On.

"Then this..." he raised the lamp a bit for emphasis, "... will need to be delivered to the quartermaster, as you said, Miya-sama. I would be more than happy to deliver it to him."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:09 am 

"I will be delivering my report to Hantei-denka soon enough, and Asahina-sama is never far away. I can do this" she looked to the Unicorn "unless there is a potential issue with one who is touched by a Jinn carrying the lamp, Iuchi-san?"

Page 6 of 7 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next