Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: You showed me yours, I'll show you mine... D7 LA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm 

Anzai was waiting at the coffee shop again. He had arrived early, taking the time to practice his Mekhem with the patrons and baristas. He was dressed in his fine kimono. An easy smily hiding the nervousness.

He hoped to not disappoint with his performance of the tea ceremony.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: You showed me yours, I'll show you mine... D7 LA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:39 pm 

She stepped inside letting the soothing aroma fill her. Akaichou was more excited than most days. She was about to see the very beautiful and open Rokugani, as well witness their tea ceremony.

Finding him already inside, she walked over being careful not to be obvious in her appreciation of the way he looked.

"Shosuro-san. It is lovely to see you. Has the morning found you well?" She asked in Rokugani.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 pm 

He would turn to face her. Taking a moment to admire her. It was a few moments. Bowing to her, he would then offer a soft smile. "It's been an interesting day. We said goodbye to those we lost this morning." He seemed much more somber, a hint of sadness to his voice.

Seeing her helped alleviate that, however.

"It warms my heart to see you again, Ide-san. I hope your day has been as lovely as you are."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 pm 

A true compassion filled her eyes. "I'm so sorry, Shosuro-san. That must have been very hard for all of you." If she were less a courtier, she may have put her hand on him arm. As it was, she tucked them to the front of her. "My day has surely been well by comparison. If you would prefer to do this another time... Ceremony always centers me, but I'm not sure if it is the same for you."

"Tell me though, for I must ask," she began in Merenaese, a smile lurking around her lips, "Is it a matter of etiquette in Rokugani culture to flatter, or is it a flirtation? Either way, I am happy to do what I can to distract you from your sorrows this day."

She knew of herself that she tended to be direct, but this was moreso than normal. She found her cheeks getting warm, a sure sign she was blushing. She had since deduced that such boldness in private cases such as these did not effect the Scorpion as it would others.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm 

"No. It is fine. I think I would prefer to perform the Ceremony now than wallow in grief." Grieving had taken too much time alrrady. His own lips curled at hearing her words in Merenaese.

"In Rokugan, this would be incredibly forward. But I never had any intention of masking my desires when speaking to you, Ide-san." He chuckled a little, watching her flush. He grabbed the tea set from the barista, before indicating to one of the veiled alcoves.

"You are no mere distraction, Ide-san."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:12 pm 

The girl blushed a bit more but composed herself well as they situated themselves inside the alcove. "I greatly appreciate the candor, Shosuro-san. As an Emissary, one learns to value honesty. And if I'm to be equally honest, a man of your beauty and intellect finding me more than a distraction is most flattering."

She took a sip of her coffee, before setting it to the side. She licked her lips with a calculated movement, barely there before it disappeared again. "I am very anxious to see the body of Rokugani Ceremony."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:05 pm 

"I will let you in on a little Rokugani secret." He had watched her lips, that slight licking of them. If he weren't paying attention to her, he would have missed it.

There was no way he would. "Other clans will say that a Scorpion will lie to you, that it is dangerous. Except what is more Dangerous, is the one who will tell you the truth." The veil closed behind them, as he placed the tea set down. His eyes flicked to hers, his smirk ever present.

"Then allow me to allay those anxieties." He began to peform the Ceremony, as his mother had taught him.

D7 Tea Ceremony for Fluff (Void 3, Tea Ceremony 1, TN15ll: 4d10o10k3 27

His movements were precise, each step of the ceremony seeming so natural and fluid. The Shosuro style held hints of a dark grace, someone trained to move in shadows. Subterfugre in how certain elements were done without being seen.

Yet even with the quiet of the ceremony, he would look to her. To just watch... her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm 

His words may have spoken lies, but his tea ceremony revealed truths.

The grace and muscle memories he obviously possessed were both beautiful and fascinating. Sharing a ceremony often provided a look into someone that could otherwise not be seen. Indeed, he was a man of secrets. Lilac eyes sparkled and met his on occasion.

She would have to be careful around the beautiful Scorpion. She didn't want to be stung.

When the ceremony concluded she accepted her tea with an incline of the head. "That was nearly as lovely as you." She told him as she raised the cup to her lips.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 pm 

Those lips. His gaze lingered on the way she brought the cup up, before sipping from his own. He bowed his head at her compliment, before looking back up. "You are very kind, Ide-san. I was only performing at my best because I have such a lovely partner to share this with..." There was a slight movement, as he leaned forwards. Half lidded eyes as he smiled. Setting his cup down, he reached out for her hand. A subtle touch of fingers against the back of her hand, slowly pulling her cup away. He brought his face so close to hers, gazing into those lilac colored eyes.

"You've been a balm against everything here. My thoughts drift to you since I've met you. The way your eyes sparkle, the grace with which you move, Ide-san. It has been a dream since I met you, and all I wish, all I ask, is to taste your lips on mine... the words were whispered, almost breathlessly, inviting her in.

Seducing Akaichou (Awareness 4, Temptation 3, Benten's Blessing +0k1, Dangerous Beauty +1k0, Seduction Emphasis, 2 FR from Akaichou disads: 8d10ro1o10k5+10 63 (Resist with Willpower/Etiquette (Courtesy), 2 FRs used for static +5s each, noted in roll. Benten's does apply)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:05 pm 

Resisting Anzai! - 31 Fail

Akaichou flushed immediately. She'd never kissed a man before! But here was a gorgeous specimen who had just shared his ceremony and been through a loss, asking for the smallest taste of hope. How was she supposed to resist that?? She wet her lips without realizing it.

She looked into his eyes and smiled ever so slightly before she closed hers and let the distance between them fall away. Her other hand came up to press her fingers ever so delicately against his cheek as she brought her lips to his.

It wasn't long or overflowing with passion, but rather nervous and sweet. She pulled away slowly, opening her eyes once more and retrieved her hands to smooth her dress. She found she couldn't meet his eyes and cupped her own cheek in nervousness.

"This is definitely not like me, I promise you, Shosuro-san. Please do not think less of me." She asked in Rokugani to emphasize the importance of the request. Using someone's mother tongue was a sign of respect and urgency at times. She could only hope he would take it in such a way in this moment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:06 pm 

It had been wonderful. The nervous movement she had made. The way her skin flushed. The way she demured at being thought of as forward. He smiled softly, shaking his head. "I wouldn't dream of thinking any less of you. Especially for that. Please... call me Anzai." He spoke in that quiet, hushed tone that would have to keep her close to him.

He couldn't help but enjoy how she reacted to her own fluster. The way she seemed to step back.

"I would very much like to court you. If you would have me."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 pm 

She was stunned, no one would deny it. She blinked a couple of times before her face softened into a tender smile. "And of course, please call me Akaichou, Anzai-san."

What she had to ask next was a piece of delicacy. "I am of course most flattered and honored by your request. We could continue to get to know one another as I send word to my father for permission. He will undoubtedly approve of a Rokugani suitor. Perhaps that would afford you time to properly mourn your recent loss?"

She wouldn't say that she didn't intend to be anyone's rebound or that he might be acting out of grief, but if she were to have a fiance and then die, she hoped he'd wait longer than just after the funeral to take up with someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:36 pm 

"Of course, Akaichou-san. Your wisdom in this matter is most astute." While he had been encouraged to move on by Utsusemi, he knew how this could look, as well. He nodded in agreement. "I would not wish to dishonor her, or you. I do wish to truly get to know you."

Again, nothing more dangerous than a Scorpion telling the truth. "Is your father here on the island? Or home in Aqahba?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 pm 

"Actually, my home is in The Jewel." She realized she still did not know the translation for "Jewel" in Rokugani. "My father is likely there with my mother. The Khan is allowing them time now that she is well again."

"In the interest of full honesty, you should know that it is rumored at least some of the Rokugani that came with you do not believe that I and my clansmen are in fact Ki-Rin. While I know I am who I claim to be, I would not wish to bring you trouble or dishonor by association."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 pm 

Anzai would offer a chuckle, shaking his head. "It would do me no dishonor. I have heard the samesuch rumors. Others warning me to be careful around the 'so-called Unicorn.' And, as a Scorpion, my associating with you would be seen in line with my reputation. If anything, you risk being the one tarnished by your close association with me, a grand villain, after all." He didn't imply he was making light of her statement, but rather, attempted to reassure her. "I can weather trouble. It is my place to do so, to thrive in it. Please, do not worry for my reputation, Akaichou-san."

He thought on her comment about home. He had misunderstood when she mentioned her schooling was in Aqahba. Of course, it didn't necessarily have to be her home. He was trained at Kyuden Bayushi, but his home was Shiro-No-Shosuro. He mentally cursed himself for assuming.

"The Jewel? I have heard many tales of it." Again, practicing his Mekhem, trying to not sound so clumsy. It wasn't the time for it. "I imagine any communication between here and there would take some time. But as you said, it does afford us plenty of time to get to know one another."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm 

Her brow raised and she smiled, nodding when he spoke Mekhem; a silent encouragement.

"Ah. Well as long as you know of the rumors and choose to take the risk, I will be without guilt in that way." Her eyes smiled. "While I hope that the Rokugani with you would not think such things about either of us, I have traveled well enough to know that no matter who you are, someone will make assumptions of you." In fact, if this was not the case she'd likely be out of a job.

"Yes, it will take some time for the message to get to my Father. He may even decide to come himself once word spreads that Rokugani have landed on the shores. Either way, we will be able to make time for one another. And I can at least introduce you to my host, Ide Mohan. He is a friend to my family and lives here now as a doctor."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 pm 

"I would like to meet him. To assure him that some foreign devil hasn't come to abduct his guest." There was a slight laugh and then a nod. "We Scorpion have always dealt with assumptions. It is best for how we operate that we allow others to continue with those assumptions. Allows us to truly surprise them." It always astounded him how often others were surprised when a Scorpion did something that wasn't low or vile.

Some thoughts couldn't be broken, it seemed.

"Perhaps, one day, I will be able to visit the Jewel. To see if those tales were true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]