Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: [D8 EE] Here in Spirit
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 am 

Once Kenzo spotted the name of this place, he just had to give it a try.

In a short time, Kenzo had managed to be seated. Language was an issue, but not much of one. After a brief attempt at pantomime, the waitstaff went away with reassuring nods. Kenzo shrugged. Hopefully they'd be bringing him food soon.

In the meantime, he sat, sipping tea with a grimace. Living with Utsu was certainly raising his standards for tea.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D8 EE] Here in Spirit
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 am 

At the door then was Muhaki Ran, dressed in Tortoise colours blazing brightly. Her hair upswept, and a twinkle in her eye. "A ha! Mirumoto-sama!" She entered the hall and beelined to the Dragon scholar's table.

"I have something you are not going to believe. May I join you, I hope this one is not being presumptuous, you're not awaiting company, are you?" she suddenly looked worried.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:23 am 

The sudden appearance of a very exuberant Muhaki Ran made Kenzo's eyebrows go up. After a moment, though, he grinned.

"No, no, not at all! Please, sit. And please, when it's just us, Kenzo-san is fine." He waved at the seat across from him. "Have you eaten? I think I can have them bring you more food." He waved to a waiter, who gave him a knowing nod and an thumbs up. Kenzo frowned. Did that work?

Kenzo cleared his throat, giving Ran a smile again. "Ah, but you have something, you said? How exciting!" His eyebrows went up again, inquisitively.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 am 

"Wonderful," she was focused on Kenzo and hardly noticed his motion to the staff.

She sat. "I've been looking for you, actually, Kenzo-sama; I knew, once you heard, you'd want to see..."

She reached into her sleeve, and pulled out something enclosed in a loose fist. She put her hand out, just beside Kenzo's teacup, and put her hand palm-up against the table. As she opened her hand to reveal her palm, there in sat a small baby turtle.

Except it was the colours of the nightsky and stars themselves.

"Hmm?" she watched for his reaction, carefully.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:24 am 

Amused at her theatrics, Kenzo looked down. And froze. After a few moments he blinked.

He leaned forward, blinking rapidly. "That's... goodness. I've never seen a turtle with that sort of colorization. That's incredible." He looked up at Ran, his brown eyes wide. "Where did you find it?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:13 pm 

He leaned forward and her instinct was to be protective, though she knew Kenzo would never hurt her turtle.

"He was born of my tears, while my captain Asahina-sama and I and our crew flew through the sky aboard the Stingray, where we met the Fortune Sadahako," She is completely serious.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm 

There was a short pause. "Beg pardon?" Kenzo said, blinking at her. He looked back and forth from the turtle to her, again and again.

Finally, he gave her a crooked smile. "Ah... I have enough questions that I'm not entirely certain where to begin." He said. "Perhaps you have a suggestion?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:10 pm 

She laughed. "I thought that that would throw you off balance enough, I'm amused to see I was right," Ran looked kindly at Kenzo, and the little turtle looked around, considering its surroundings.

"Yesterday, Asahina Tori-sama and I set sail to explore the mists. Our ship... well, there's no other way to explain what happened than just to say, it took flight, up through the clouds, into the sky itself where we could see stars and it became frightfully cold and tight in the chest with each breath. Just when we thought all was lost and we were about to sail away to the heavens, down came Lady Sadahako."

Ran paused, to assess if Kenzo believed her or not, but carried on.

"She spoke to my captain and I. And she gifted me with Ichigo-san here."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 pm 

Kenzo snorted laughter. "Oh, fine, have your fun." He laughed.

There was some doubt in Kenzo's eyes, but it was outweighed by interest. "That's quite an incredible tale, Ran-san. If I heard it from most people, I would doubt it. Not you." Indeed, like him, she had the mind of a scientist, and he believed she would not report falsely on things.

"What..." Kenzo swallowed, shaking his head. "What did she say? Part of our mission here is to establish a temple to Sadahako. Agashi Utsusemi-sama is working on it. Or..." He frowned, "was it personal?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:15 am 

Her spirit lifted at the appraisal-
and then was knocked down with the words that followed, that the Lady Agasha was working on the plans for the temple. Her expression fell, and she looked down at the turtle in her hand.
"I joined the Tortoise, with the express interest in the very same, Kenzo-sama," she said with a hushed voice, then took a breath, seeming to shake it off. Her gaze rose again to meet his.

"The Lady Sadahako said we must be brave in the days to come."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:44 am 

Kenzo's eyebrows went up. He could hardly have missed the way her expression suddenly fell. "Yes." He said gently. "She's been working with Muhaki Berena-sama on it. I recommend you speak with either of them; I know Utsu-sama would welcome it. She thinks very highly of you, I happen to know."

Her last words made him smile, shaking his head. "In a way, that is good advice, and I intend to follow it." His lips twisted. "On the other hand, it's hardly encouraging. Nobody ever says 'you must be brave' if things are going to go well." He chuckled softly. "But it sounds like an incredible experience." He smiled down at the turtle. "And now you have Ichigo-san, too."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:17 am 

"Hmm I have had several talks with Bah-Lena-sama, I am disappointed you were unaware, it seems a line of communication has been dropped somewhere," she waives it away, but her On expresses she's still a bit hurt. Though she brightens when Kenzo says the Lady Agasha thinks highly of her. "I think highly of her as well."

She was pensive.

"I know, right? But at the time, her words brought nothing but hope and strength to my captain and I. No one said this experience would be easy, the blending of two societies has seldom gone smoothly."

Ran smiled a bit, and stroked the turtles' shell. "Would... would you like to hold him?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:04 am 

"Hmmm." Kenzo said, smiling. "I suppose we did know that what we would be doing would be hard. And it may actually be a comfort to know that our skill is enough, so long as we have the determination." He chuckled. "Although that may be an overly optimistic way of looking at it."

Kenzo tilted his head, peering at the unique little turtle. "Is it a different experience from holding mundane turtles?" He grinned at her. "I'd still like to; I just want to know what I can expect."

Waiters came out carrying two trays of food, which they set in front of each samurai. "Ah, good." Kenzo said, pouring Ran some tea. "Although the tea isn't the best. I'm afraid it's pretty much just hot leaf juice."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm 

"One can choose to see the teacup as half empty or half full, Kenzo-sama. Optimism is not a trait to be looked down on."

She nodded to the waiters in thanks, looking over the food. She picked up the turtle gently and placed him in Kenzo's palm. "He feels like an ordinary turtle. Ordinarily extraordinary."

Then she tilted her head at him and laughed. "Isn't all tea pretty much just hot leaf juice?"

*OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:07 pm 

Kenzo gave Ran a look, his eyebrows going up. "Not if you have the right tea." He said dryly.

Food had arrived. But now Kenzo had a turtle. This was a bit of a dilemma. He glanced back and forth between the two, frowning. Finally, with a sigh, he shoved the plate of food a little farther away. "Hello Ichigo-san." He said, smiling at the turtle, and then at Ran. "Ordinarily extraordinary. I think I understand what you mean."

After a bit of this, Kenzo said the turtle on the table. As an afterthought, he scooped up a bit of his rice, placing it in front of the turtle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:52 pm 

Ichigo was happy with Kenzo's tenth of rice, and set to work slowly devouring the grains.

Ran simply watched, sipping from her tea, at the interaction of the two. "He approves of you, Kenzo-sama," she said with a tempered smile, and looked at his eyes for a moment, before down to examine their plates. "I thought... if anyone would be excited for his existence as I am, it would be you. It is a wonder."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:43 pm 

Kenzo's brown eyes, when they met hers, were wide and earnest. "It is a wonder." Kenzo said, waving a hand for emphasis. "If others aren't excited for his existence, perhaps they just don't have as much imagination as we do." He gave her a smile. "Which is something I appreciate about you."

He looked down at the turtle. "Except for the coloration, does he seem to be in other ways an ordinary turtle? Especially behavior? That's rather marvelous, if so. Was he created whole, with turtle behaviors? How fascinating..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:18 pm 

She softened, mid-sip. Then looked back at him. "I appreciate the same about you." she said quietly, then her gaze drifted to little Ichigo to consider.

"Hai, in the day I have known him, Ichigo-san seems to exhibit the behaviours one would expect from a turtle. An insatiable appetite, a curiousity toward the world around him, and a mischievous nature. All of which I find endearing."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 pm 

"A mischievous nature?" Kenzo replied, glancing up with a smile. "I haven't made that close of a study of turtles. What sort of mischievous behaviors has he been exhibiting?"

Idly, Kenzo took a bite of the food, scarcely seeming to acknowledge it. Most of his attention was firmly fixed on the turtle, and every little move that he made.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 pm 

"He bites." she said firmly, and held up a bandaged finger. "I think he and I will become good friends. Turtles in nature are long lived, one can only wonder how long a turtle birthed by the touch of a Fortune could walk the earth for."

She too started on the food. Making a happy mmm at the foreign textures and flavours.

Ichigo, for his part, was focused on devouring each grain of rice like it insulted his existence.

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next