Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D8LE] Shapes and Symbols
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:04 am 

"I understand." Kenzo said.

His lips pressed together. "There were rather a lot of samurai on this expedition. In addition to those I mentioned, Matsu Yasuhiro-sama was also there. They may also be conferring with others on this, of course."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 pm 

She nodded, “I’m glad you brought this to me. Do you mind if I make a copy?”

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 pm 

"Please, go ahead." Kenzo said. "Perhaps keep these overnight, return them to me sometime tomorrow? Late is fine." His lips twisted. "I recognize it's a little late tonight to get started, after all."

He waved a hand at the papers. "Do let me know if you find anything though. As I said, I'm more than a little curious. Being on the back of a giant turtle was rather like gift-wrapping it for me, I feel."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:15 pm 

She paused and asked a question with a strange feel to it, "How much would you like to know? Sometimes not knowing is safer..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:31 pm 

Kenzo's lips pursed. "Oh?" He said. For a few moments, he just looked at the collection of writings.

His gaze flickered up, a smile touching his lips. "I've never shied away from knowledge before. I'm not about to start now." The thoughtful look returned. "Although... I do have a healthy respect for considering what one does with knowledge, I will admit."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:48 pm 

"This is the type of information that the head of this expedition would really want to know... you could use it to give him a better picture of what needs to be done in order to achieve his goal of finding what remains of Hawethorne's belongings. Is that something you would like to see happen?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm 

Kenzo's lips twisted. "I see what you mean." He was silent for a few moments.

"And yet, I don't see what other choice we have. The information is in many hands now. It's just a matter of time before one of them, or someone they consult with sorts it out."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 pm 

"I'm speaking of the information that I have... that gives a clearer context to these documents." She replied. "I believe I know things that others don't."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:49 pm 

"Oh." Kenzo said, frowning. "That's a little different. And anything I learned, I would be obligated to share." Again, he was silent for a few moments.

He let out a puff of breath. "Use your best judgment, Berena-sama. I am putting my trust in you not to put me in a position where I would compromise either myself or Utsu-sama. But I do hope we can be in a position to do the greatest good."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 pm 

She nodded, "The Unicorn want whatever Hawethorne left behind as well... They believe he stole it from them. It's possible Jama wants it for the wealth alone... but it's also likely he would use that bargaining chip to sway a part of the Unicorn to his side. Give him an army strong enough to oppose his brother if need be."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 pm 

Kenzo's lips pursed thoughtfully again. "What do you see as the outcome if the Unicorn finds it first? For my curiosity." He clarified. "It's not anything that I feel I could in good conscience actually work towards."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:33 pm 

"If it's eventual destination is going to be the Unicorn... I would prefer it goes into the right hands. The Unicorn are themselves divided... there are those who would seek to rejoin the Empire peacefully... and there are those who would prefer to lay waste to it." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 pm 

"I see." Kenzo's lips twisted wryly. "I don't suppose you need me to tell you which one I would prefer."

He grimaced. "Joking aside... what more can you tell me about this? It sounds as though letting it fall into the wrong hands is the worst of all possibilities. A rampaging foreign force..." His right hand clenched and flexed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 pm 

"I don't wish to countermand the request of the Prince. And don't wish for you to have to be conflicted on which orders to follow.... but there are two primary Khans of the Unicorn. They will be convening soon for a meeting... at which point one may emerge as supreme leader over all the Tarkhanate. Both are men of great strength and power. One... values his people's heritage and the legacy of Shinjo. The other... has no strong ties to the past. It is unlikely that Rokugan will receive either man peacefully... but one has the potential to significantly lower the size and scale of the destruction. And hopefully work towards peace with some of the more moderate or conservative factions given time." She replied.

"My liege is friends with both men. He has worked closely with both of them for some time... and I trust his judgement in these matters. He may wish for the findings to be turned over to Jama, for he too is a loyal servant of the Empire. But for whatever reason I have a difficult time trusting Jama to make the right choice... perhaps it is my weakness. But I do trust my liege to make the right choice... and so I will provide him with what I know... and if he directs that these things should go to the Explorers and to its head, then I will listen."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:54 am 

Kenzo sighed. "It's all so complicated..." He said, shaking his head. "And even the best of choices sounds painful."

He spread his hands. "It would be best to keep this as under wraps as possible. Share this with as few people as you can manage. It is of course, your discretion; I showed it to you, a fellow explorer, and an expert in these matters. You outrank me, I believe; you may keep your own council." He shook his head. "If only it was just a giant turtle..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:22 am 

"I intend only to share it with my liege..." She said.

She then put her hand on his shoulder reassuringly, "I wish it was just a giant turtle too. It's a shame all this talk of world domination and war had to cloud your expedition."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:51 am 

Perhaps a week ago, Kenzo might have been surprised by the hand on his shoulder. As it was, he just gave her a crooked smile. "Thank you." He said. "You've been a good friend, Berena-sama."

He sighed. "But I cannot study the world without living in it. If there is something that I need to do, I should be prepared to do it. And not knowing what it is won't make it any better." He shook his head, smiling wryly. "Do keep me informed, eh? Using your best judgement, which I've come to trust."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 am 

She smiled and lowered her hand, "I will try earnestly not to betray that trust."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:42 am 

Kenzo gave her a smile and a nod. "I know." He said.

After a moment, he chuckled and shook his head. "Well! That was yesterday. Would you like to hear about what happened today?" He shook his head again. "It really has been excitement after excitement."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:47 am 

She smiled and nodded, "Would you like something to drink?"

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next