Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm

Page 3 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [D8LE] Shapes and Symbols
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:10 am 

"Ah..." Kenzo hesitated a moment. "Perhaps just a little, thank you. I've got to get back before too long. I'm not sure exactly when Utsusemi-sama will be returning, but I should be there when she does."

"Before I begin..." Kenzo gave her a look, smiling. "Did you already hear about happened in The Painted Square this morning?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:22 am 

"I heard there was some type of disturbance. Nothing specific though." She said as she pulled out some wine.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 pm 

Kenzo brightened a little. "Ah! Well! In that case, I shall be the first to tell you." He smirked, looking just a little pleased with himself.

"Well..." Kenzo said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I'm not entirely certain how it began. I happened to be wandering through the area with a few other explorers, when I heard a rather loud noise, metal on stone. It didn't seem to be anything significant; just a lamp that had been flung against a wall for some reason. I'm not sure."

He shrugged, keeping his expression steady. "Of course, the real excitement came a moment later when a Jinn erupted from the lamp, and challenged everyone in the marketplace."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:48 am 

Her face took on a look of tepid surprise as she poured the wine, "A jinn? In the marketplace? What happened?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:31 am 

"Yes." Kenzo grinned. "Things were rather tense there for a few minutes. It seemed that people felt compelled to confess all manner of strange things. Some of which were rather... unusual." He frowned. "There was one notable one. Are you acquainted with an Iuchi Ruqqayah?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:34 am 

She nodded, "She's a friend of mine... Is something the matter?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:41 am 

Kenzo frowned. "Her confession was rather strange. She said that she had a great destiny, although her name would be cursed. I... suppose it was perhaps some sort of strange hubris on her part? I'm not really sure."

He shrugged. "In any case, the Jinn attacked us. It seemed to suck the air from people's lungs. We managed to defeat it... but it did something to Matsu-sama and Miya-sama. According to Iuchi-sama, it... infused them with its essence. Or something."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:57 am 

Bellena tilted her head and sat down, taking a sip of her drink before pondering all the things he said. "You certainly always have interesting stories to tell me Kenzo. I have heard of jinns back from my youth... but why it would be here... What happened to it when you defeated it?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:03 am 

Kenzo's shook his head with a shrug. "I'm not entirely sure. It lost corporeal form, and vanished into the air. According to Iuchi-sama, it will likely attempt to manifest again, and... try to inhabit someone else. Someone with a great destiny."

He frowned darkly. "The possibility that it may try to inhabit the Prince is a somewhat concerning one, I admit."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:11 pm 

"I hear mixed things about jinns... Some say its a blessing to have interaction with one and some say it's calamity. There are always so many stories in Medinaat... it's hard to know what exactly is the truth." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:47 pm 

"Hmmm..." Kenzo said, grimacing. "Of course, it couldn't be that easy. And, for obvious reasons, this is an area that resists scientific experimentation." He chuckled darkly at that.

"Well... Miya-sama is supposed to be talking to Prince Jama. Hopefully..." He frowned. "I hope that wasn't a terrible idea. What if she's influenced by it in some way? Or it finds him, because of its connection to her?" He gave Berena a humorless smile. "As if there wasn't enough blessing or calamity surrounding the prince already."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:07 pm 

She smiled softly as well, "He has a way of entangling himself in all sorts of intrigue. Hopefully for all our sakes he can find a way to get himself out without destroying everything."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:22 pm 

"Assuming the worst, of course." Kenzo rubbed his hand across his face.

Chuckling, he shook his head. "Well... tell me about your expedition today. And I hope it's something good. I'm finding it difficult to maintain my optimism in the face of these other conversations."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:25 pm 

"Well... it's a bit of a puzzle." She said. "I'm not sure I fully understand the implications yet either..."

She leaned back in her chair, "So we found an island. Keiji had been there already but he had been unable to reach some ruins that were a bit further into the island. So we went as a group and got there.... it was quite a different place. From what I could tell, it appeared to be a city from underneath the sea."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 pm 

Kenzo's mouth opened for a moment, and then shut again. "My goodness." He said mildly. "That does sound interesting. I would be interested to know how you were able to tell."

"So, an underwater city." He nodded. "Did it seem to belong to those same beings we encountered on the journey here?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:15 pm 

“Algae deposits, structure of the buildings, some general features on the stone.” She replied.

“And, yes. That is a good guess. And we learned a bit more about their race. Apparently there are some who walk on land as giant snake-men... We spoke with one.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:21 pm 

"Really?" Kenzo's eyebrows went up. "It spoke... clearly? What language did it use?"

His lips curled up into a smirk. "I don't imagine you brought this snake back with you, did you?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:57 pm 

She shook her head, "No, she was required to stay. Apparently she is a guardian of some type."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 pm 

"Ah, well." Kenzo smirked. "That would have been a bit too much to ask. Besides, strange as it may sound, in a way, I'm more interested in snakes than in snake people."

"But, a guardian." Kenzo frowned thoughtfully. "That certainly begs a question, doesn't it? If she is a guardian, what is it that she guards?"

Page 3 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3