Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: [D8 EE] Here in Spirit
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 pm 

"He bites?" Kenzo gave her an exaggeratedly incredulous look. "And you didn't warn me before I held him? I suppose I'm lucky to escape with my fingers intact." He tried to look sternly at her, but he could only hold it a moment before chuckling.

"They are, yes." Kenzo smiled, his eyes going down to his plate. "I was just discussing them the other day, in fact. The floral garden near here has a number of them." He looked up at Ran. "There's an amazing place in East Port, though. Have you heard of civets?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:32 pm 

She laughed as well, and shrugged her shoulders.

"What are... civets?" she looked at Kenzo curiously, narrowing her eyes at him. "Is it to do with payback for endangering your nimble fingers?" she smiled a bit, eyeing his hands thoughtfully, though keeping that thought to herself for now.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:30 am 

"Nimble, are they?" Kenzo laughed. "Well, the niten technique is good for that, I suppose." He twisted the chopsticks around in his fingers.

"But no!" He said, straightening in his seat. "There's a restaurant over there, Mustaffar's, I think it was called? It's filled with these creatures, civets! They looked like a cross between a cat and a weasel. It was amazing!" Idly, he patted Ichigo's back as he talked.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:01 pm 

She hid a smile and looked back at Kenzo, swallowing the food in her mouth.

"...I think that sounds amazing, I should like to see these civets for myself." she nodded happily, and picked up her teacup again, watching how he interacted with Ichigo.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:55 pm 

Kenzo looked thoughtful for a few moments, pursing his lips. It seemed that his attention was diverted, but when Ichigo's head swiveled towards his fingers, Kenzo pulled his hand away with a chuckle.

Finally, he shrugged. "Well, I can certainly recommend it. Like I said, it was called Mustaffar's, and it was on the east side." He smiled. "Try the baklava."

He looked at her. "I do plan to go there, from time to time. If you'd like to meet me there sometime, that would be nice. It's better to travel in pairs in that area, anyway."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:15 am 

She gave her dinner-mate a tender smile then, and nodded, tucking a lock of escaped grey-brown hair behind one ear.

"I would like that very much, Kenzo-sama. Very much."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 am 

Kenzo looked down, studying the turtle. "Well then. Perhaps tomorrow? I expect to be there around noon." He looked up then, smiling. "But, ah, meet me outside if you would. I don't want to miss you seeing civets for the first time."

He shrugged. "And if not tomorrow, some other time. I expect Utsu-sama will be with me sometimes as well; it could be a good time to coordinate your work."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:09 pm 

"Tomorrow sounds lovely..." A grin grew upon her features at his request, and she paused before nodding slowly. "For you, I will acquiesce to your request."

Then the addition of Agasha-sama, "Of course, it would be good to see her. I hope all has been well with her?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:36 pm 

Kenzo smiled, nodding. A moment passed as he lifted the teacup to his lips, taking a long sip. He grimaced as he set it back down. "Hot leaf juice indeed." Another pause as he set the cup down.

He looked back at Ran. "But yes, she's doing quite well." His lips pressed together. "I think the duties she has here agree with her."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:36 am 

"I am glad to hear it; it seems many of us have adjusted to the roles we've found here. It has been an interesting dance." Ran observed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:57 am 

"Indeed." Kenzo said, smirking. "Some of us have been adjusting better than others. Some much better." He inclined his head respectfully to her.

"And some not so well." He said. "I don't suppose you heard about the excitement this morning in the Painted Square?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:59 am 

She appreciated her nod, a touch of colour sparking to life in her cheeks, before her brow furrowed in confusion.

"No? What happened?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:14 am 

Kenzo's eyebrows went up, and he let out a puff of breath. "Well. It's a bit of a story." He tapped his chopsticks on the side of the plate thoughtfully. "I happened to be going through the area with a rather diverse group of others, including our friend Matsu Yasuhiro." He gave Ran a quick smirk.

"Anyway, I'm not sure how it got started, but someone banged a lamp against a wall. Made quite the noise. But that was nothing compared to a moment later, when some sort of enormous gaijin spirit came out of it. A Jinn, if you've heard the term."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:32 am 

"Ah yes, he is so dreamy," she said, straightfaced.

She was knowledgeable in gaijin cultures, and thus knew the term. Her dark eyebrows raised so high they might fly off her freckled forehead and she sputtered on her hot leaf juice.

"W-what?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 am 

The line got a burst of surprised laughter from Kenzo, he grinned appreciation at Ran.

"Yes!" He said. "I gather you've heard of them. As soon as it rose out of the lamp, it challenged the group. And... people began confessing to it." He grinned. "Apparently our Matsu friend hears the spirit of his grandmother."

"In any case... we fought and defeated it. But it did something to infuse it's essence into two of us. Matsu-sama and Miya Suihime-sama. It's not clear yet on exactly what that means, though."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:18 am 

She listened, enraptured, and her gaze drifted down to Ichigo-san.

"Matsu-sama... was afflicted?" she seemed to consider the news. "And Miya-sama? ...I recall meeting her, in Dragon's Guard City. That is tragic. Are they alright? ...Are you alright? Were you injured, Kenzo-sama?" Ran looked back to him with true concern.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:39 am 

"Hmmm? Oh, I'm fine, yes." Kenzo gave Ran a quick reassuring smile. "Despite my strikes, it never turned its attention on me until it was too late. It didn't cause permanent injury to those it attacked, either; just stole the air from their lungs; they recovered quite quickly after."

"But they seem alright." Kenzo shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure. They both seemed a little disoriented afterwards, but they seemed... themselves afterwards, at least as far as I could tell." He shrugged again. "I suppose we'll just have to wait and see."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:48 am 

"That sounds like an eventful morning, to say the least." Ran wasn't quite sure what to make of jinn infusing samurai with its presence, but she was concerned nonetheless.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 am 

"Yes." Kenzo let out a puff of breath. "It certainly was. And may be more momentous yet. The Jinn was expected to rematerialize, and perhaps try to find someone with great destiny to infuse. The thought is a concerning one."

He frowned. "Iuchi Ruqqayah-sama was going to be looking into that, along with Miya-sama. I hope they were successful."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:07 am 

"Ominous," Ran said softly, and ran a fingerpad down the side of her empty teacup.

Ichigo thought the pair were making a big huff out of nothing. Jinn were no match for a star-turtle, after all. At least, that's what the little one day old turtle thought.

"I hope so too." Ran nodded.

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next