Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: [D8EA] Good Fortune
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:14 pm 

The events of the morning had taken quite some time to get all sorted out. And so, it was slightly later than he would have preferred that Kenzo was walking out of the place. He had somewhere he needed to be, after all, and while there was time, he very much didn't want to be in his armor.

And so, Kenzo picked up his pace, walking down one of the wider streets, making his way gradually back towards the west side of the island.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D8EA] Good Fortune
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm 

Akaichou was doing what often helped her best - riding Bishounen who seemed more than pleased to be out of the stables. He beautiful boy needed attention. She was on her way to anywhere but the coast; hunting down some treats for her ride.

She spotted a man in armor she knew. He seemed to be in a hurry. It was as good a time as any to introduce him to her steed.

"Mirumoto-san. Are you in need of a ride?" She smiled as she asked in Yobanjin.

Akaichou's dress

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm 

Kenzo drew to a sudden stop, his gaze going up. And up.

"Ide-san." Kenzo said, startled, his eyes going wide. He paused a moment, mentally shifting gears. "My goodness.
Is this Bishonen? He's magnificent."
Grinning, Kenzo shook his head; exciting as this was, it was also rather unexpected.

Belatedly, he bowed, still smiling. "As it happens, I am in need of a ride. Ah..." He stepped a little closer, cautiously, his eyes on the Unicorn steed. "May I approach?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm 

Akaichou beamed at the awe he showed her beloved stallion. "Thank you. Yes, this is he. And you may."

She dismounted easily and took the reigns to bring lead him to the armored gentleman. "I was just looking to give him some exercise. It cannot be fun being cooped up in a stable all day."

Bishounen was not the best with strangers, but as long as his mistress was relaxed and collected he accepted that this person was a friend. "We'd be happy to give you a ride." She bowed in greeting.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 pm 

"My goodness." Kenzo murmured, forgetting in his awe to use Rokugani. Slowly, carefully, he reached out with his hand, whispering reassuringly as he did so. It was clear from his behavior that he was used to being around animals. It took a bit of time, but eventually he laid his hand on Bishonen's neck, rubbing it reassuringly. Kenzo looked back at Akaichoi, beaming.

His smile faded a little as he looked up at the horse. "I haven't often ridden." Kenzo said. "Ah... should I go in front, then? Or, would you go in front?" His lips twisted. "He is rather a daunting size. I can't wait to give it a try, though."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 pm 

Akaichou smiled at the look on Kenzo's face. He seemed as impressed with Bishounen as she was. From the time she first laid eyes on until today that sense of awe hadn't wavered. He was quite beautiful after all, and a Ki-Rin's horse was an important thing.

"I can ride behind you and hold onto your armor. You know where we're headed better than I, and it will give you the chance to get to know one another."

She held the reins as Kenzo went to mount.

"So I suppose it is true then that Rokugani horses are smaller. Bishounen is a good size, but he's not the largest of his breed I've seen. Other breeds are even larger than this." She pet Bishounen's face and neck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm 

"Truly? Larger than this?" He said, laughing softly. "With how long it's been since I last rode, perhaps I'm fortunate that he's not larger."

It took a few moments. Kenzo had to peer curiously at the stirrups. But he was a trained warrior. He planted a foot in the stirrup gracefully, and swung himself up onto Bishonen with, if not grace, at least competence, grinning down at Akaichou at his achievement.

"Right!" He said. He slid forward as far as he could on Bishonen's back. "When you hold the armor, watch the joints. They would pinch terribly." Besides that, he didn't seem especially concerned on way or the other about the lovely young woman holding onto him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 pm 

She smiled up at Kenzo before getting on behind him. She had some experience riding behind others so this shouldn't be too difficult.

She placed her hands on his armor, careful to avoid the joints as he told her, and they started off. "So where are we headed, if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 pm 

Kenzo sat a little stiffly at first, unused to riding. Once they started off, though, he grew more comfortable, and at least he seemed to know how to direct Bishonen with his legs. "My goodness." He murmured as the horse began to move, casting a quick smile over his shoulder at Akaichou.

"The place I have made my home is in the West Port." Kenzo explained. "I'd meant to be taking a quick route back, forth, and then back again in East Port pretty soon.
Without my armor. If I want to make it, and not be so inappropriately dressed-"
He waved a hand at himself, "I have to hurry."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 am 

"Once we get out of the crowds, you can get Bishounen to go faster if it helps. You just squeeze a bit with your legs and he should respond."

There were still too many people around to safely do so, but they would get there eventually. "What caused you the need to don armor this day?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:38 am 

(Using Yobanjin)

"Should I?" Kenzo glanced down, and then back over his shoulder with a chuckle. "Perhaps I'd best work up to that."

At the question, Kenzo's lips pressed together. "I assure you, it wasn't because I felt unsafe; no offense was intended to the authorities here. But I am acting as a bodyguard lately, and it felt prudent."

His eyebrows went up as he glanced back over his shoulder. "It turned out to be a fortunate thing. The painted square was attacked by a Jinn."

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]