Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Rokugan [Day 8, Early Afternoon, Muhaki Shrine]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 am 

Seppun Kaiya and her dutiful servant Sakia walked through the floral estates at a leisurely pace. For some time as they walked nothing else mattered more than beyond this current moment. Flowers bloomed all around them and the scent permeated everything. Such variety of colors made the rest of the world almost seem impossible. How could everything outside of these gardens exist when these gardens were here.

Closing in on the shrine to Muhaki Kaiya checked her servants side once again, seeing the bag there that carried her stuff. Ever prepared for any situation the young woman needed to act. Today she would set the precedent that may very well guide her life.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

Post subject: Re: Rokugan [Day 8, Early Afternoon, Muhaki Shrine]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:44 am 

Hantei Jama was burning an incense at the shrine in silence. Whether his thoughts constituted a prayer was known only to him, Lord Muhaki in Yomi, and the Heavens.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 am 

Seppun Kaiya and Sakia approached till the were within the bounds of the shrine but approached no further as to avoid disturbing. Standing just some space away and prepared to sit where they were if time was required on Jama's part to finish his prayers. With a hand raised to her side Kaiya was prepared to dismiss Sakia if Hantei Jama had desired it so. What things she brought with her made it possible to communicate without the girl if he felt this was a matter best left from a commoners ears.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 am 

This was indeed Jama's intention. After a while he called upon Kaiya and only her with a gesture, having fed more wood to the brazier to make the paper cast into it easier to be consumed.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 am 

Sakia handed Kaiya the bag on the wave of the Seppun's hand and then rose, bowed, and stepped backwards until she was separated from the space and made her way elsewhere. With the tools in hand Kaiya approached the spot and sat before the Hantei once again. Showing due reverence with her bow. Within she held a calligraphy kit and the assorted papers. Laying them out before herself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 pm 

"Rise, Seppun-san, and share your insights. I have reserved my time for you, proceed with due thoughtfulness."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm 

Without delay, Kaiya bowed her head in recognition once and then began to transcribe something on the paper she had brought with her.

It is with the concern of the security of Rokugan I bring you this information. Our enemy, and they are our enemy, that we have been investigating outside of our borders, the purposed decedent's of Lady Shinjo have already made their first move. Testimony places these Mamluk soldiers of theirs within our very borders, within the Kitsune Mori, and the discovery of the Crab atop the creature we found just a day past leads me to believe that these men have been using Spirit Portals to transport their troops past all of our defenses undetected.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:59 am 

Jama read it carefully, expressing little, then cast the paper into the brazier and watched it burn.

"Is it known to you how large this presence is."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:45 pm 

Kaiya nodded, and the began once again.

Their number is not known to me. However, it is known that this force has won two battles at least. Once against Daidoji Tsukuro's forces, and another to the Crab forces. Asking the Crab more pointed questions will surely offer a bit more insight into this matter as he has spoken of being one of those sent into the Kitsune Mori. Unless he was a pariah among his kin I am certain a Crab would have been deep enough within the enemy lines to have some idea of their strength.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:26 am 

Another silence of reading, the burning.

"See to what more can be learned from him. I want you to spend more time with Yajinden in coming weeks so he can introduce you into the matters he handles on my behalf. I plan to send him further east while you will return to Rokugan with me."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:02 am 

Kaiya accepted that, needless for words, with a bow of her head from her already seated position.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:32 am 

Jama looked at the statue of Lord Muhaki, then spoke out quietly.

"You must know something, Seppun-san, though it is not the knowledge you should impart lightly. In 440, the Ki-Rin visited Merenae. Teodoro Cornejo invited them. It was them who confirmed the existence of Rokugan to him. He realised that the world is round, and that he could reach lands furthest east if he sailed west. Kasuga died because he had been disloyal not because he had acted against the interests of the Empire, and the route he had discovered for us was entrusted by Yugozohime-heika to her uncle for no other reason than to bring the Ki-Rin home from their travels. This is Muhaki's Dream. The Throne has always known. It has ever been the true purpose of the existence of the Tortoise Clan. Six decades later, everything has changed since the moment Otomo Muhaki undertook the mission. Lady Shinjo is dead, and the Unicorn are where the Ki-Rin were, powerful, dangerous and wild. The clarity of purpose the Tortoise had under Lord Muhaki has become muddled as they have accommodated many foreign interests over the time of their existence. But the Empress' Will stands, and we have to make sense of it in the current era. In the world that carries the Unicorn, how to bring the Ki-Rin home. Do you understand what I am telling you, Seppun-san?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 am 

Kaiya listened dutifully. Silent with her eyes lowered to the ground as to avoid potential distraction. Raising her eyes from the ground she too looked to the shrine, and then to Jama himself before bowing her head once again in recognition of his words.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 am 

"These are the ramifications of the situation we are facing." Jama continued, checking the perimeter and where Suru was. "Your account proves that they had moved well before us to set the terms of reunion in their favour, winning cooperation of their long-lost cousins whose most vital task mandated by the Shining Prince has been to preserve the heritage of the Ki-Rin. Few know that there were not the only Ki-Rin left behind. Some Ide under a man called Hateru had secretly joined the Dragon when the Lion had taken custody of Ki-Rin lands. Agasha Kasuga was in fact Hateru Kasuga, as was his daughter Genjiko. After Lord Muhaki's passing, it has been a hard call at which side of the ocean the true loyalty of the Tortoise has fallen and we are only beginning to learn the truth of it. They may well be answering more to Ide Mansuri, who traces his ancestry to Ide himself and holds a position in the Tarkhanate corresponding with Otomo Oborozukiyo's in Rokugan." He looked into her eyes. "This expedition is the very first step in regaining our control over the process and as it has already been impressed on you by the realities we are facing here, violence is not always the best option. It is only a strategy on a truly universal scale that can make it our game, not theirs. One I have set in motion. Lashing against the Fox and the Tortoise for what they have done is an option but at this point it is a very short-sighted one."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:45 pm 

Kaiya took up the brush once more.

Lashing out against them now would be an action of lessers, to act on the emotional response when more might be gained from approaching this carefully and with mind. Fighting our enemy where we might hurt them most, that is a task that I can do. Control is the ultimate goal in this battle and we will be the ones to secure it.

I will do everything within my power to see it done. Tell me what you would have me do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:19 pm 

He read and burned the note.

"You will help me take care that there will be enough to defend back in Rokugan. My Divine Father departed for Tengoku yesterday, but my brother is not the Emperor. By His last edict Hantei Reikado-heika had made Otomo Oborozukiyo the Imperial Regent until she can determine which of us will bring about a more stable Empire. I don't expect my brother to accept it peacefully, however."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:12 am 

Kaiya lowered her head in respect for the passing of the Hantei. Their Emperor. Raising her head once more she bowed it quickly again in acceptance of this task.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:11 am 

"At moments like this, of great uncertainty, grieving and strife, I need a woman like you to take great care of those secrets of the Imperial House you are privy to. A woman whose heart is like iron, sharp and unyielding, impervious to pettiness, striking silently against my enemies and ringing coolly when struck." Jama looked at Kaiya straight, his gaze asking about her readiness and ability.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:32 am 

Normally, or at least in the past, Kaiya would not dare look directly at Jama. Eye to eye. Right now was an exception to a great many rules. Raising her head, she looked to Jama and steeled herself fully. Showing the strength of her spirit above all else. That intangible thing that none could govern but her alone.

Kaiya was ready.

Bowing her head once again, Kaiya accepted the road before her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:31 am 

The intensity in Jama's gaze didn't let it last too long.

"Then you enter my greater confidence. I can arrange for you to learn from Yajinden-san and train with Suru-san so that you can perfect yourself in my service."

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next