Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

Page 3 of 3 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Xanty Talks (D9, LM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:09 pm 

And now the current King is driven to fear the next generation of Xantellados led by a descendant of Cornejo's who has set out to sea... The King has imprisoned several important figures back home and is questioning them in his dungeons.” She replied.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:51 pm 

"It seems paranoid, even knowing Teodoro's grandchildren." he shook his head. "How does the rest of the nobility feel about his fears?"

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:15 pm 

"Paranoia? Perhaps... but how did the Hantei act after the Battle of White Stag when a new foreign power had emerged on the stage? It's a fairly common behavior for people in power who don't wish to lose it." She replied.

"The opinion of the nobility is undoubtedly varied. Miguel is not a popular ruler, but he is quick to suppress anyone he considers to be a threat. My brother is one of the people currently in his dungeons. So I know at least the Quijano are no fans of his. The Almerias as well are not on his side."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:59 pm 

"As I said, Enrique was not entirely wrong." he shrugged. "It seems that Teodoro was trying to bring Merenae and Rokugan together. I do wonder if that is what Ricardo wanted and if that is what Jama wants."

He gave a heavy sigh. "And now, there is a Cornejo on her way to Merenae."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:04 pm 

She chuckled once through her nose, "A Cornejo... with no men, power, or resources. I doubt she travels there with a mind to create problems. And she shouldn't have any unless others make them for her."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 pm 

"Trouble seems to follow her and her husband." he said. "But, they know enough to be careful, especially with the little one."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:28 pm 

"Let's hope that man-made 'trouble' isn't allowed to keep following her wherever she goes with his fleet if possible." Bellena replied.

She looked at both of them, "It goes without saying that the information you two now possess is potentially dangerous to people both in Merenae and Rokugan... it should not be wielded casually. Used properly and under the right circumstances, it could help to build ties and bring people together... but used for the purpose of vain ambition it could bring death on a great many people."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:45 pm 

"My family suffered greatly after the culling of the Cornejo," his mood darkened. "My grandfathers..." there was almost disgust. "Betrayal condemned us to be reviled by all the other families and only my great-grandmother's intervention allowed us to save our face. The fate the traitors received was too kind, but the Vengeful Sea is not without a path for redemption."

"My older brother sailed with an army to Aberri," he finally revealed; it made no sense to hide that fact. "And considering Amateratsu's Grace might be returning to Rokugan I will continue to Merenae at the helm of my original ship. Mercy," the name might resonate with Bellena. He looked at Edogawa. "Given your... condition, it is only normal I extend that you become my first mate. The ties between Cornejo and Arrigorriagakoa run deep."

"The Cornejo crafted the sword that the Arrigorriagakoa plunged into the heart of the Thranish," he quoted a fond smile surfacing. "We sure showed those slimy bastards."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:51 pm 

"Your brother is going to fight the King?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 pm 

He frowned. "I do not know."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:08 pm 

Where was he headed specifically? One does not approach the capital with an army casually.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 pm 

"I will not be sailing with you, I have my own ship now" Edogawa said. "But, I would not be surprised if I sail beside you."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 am 

Bellena chuckled, "You could always become his first mate Xavier."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:12 pm 

[I understand this is the last thread in the Xantellado series; for following on this subplot, each of the trio involved gets additional 50 VIP for the Xantellados bet.]

Page 3 of 3 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3