Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [D9-EE] This is not a date...this is not a date...this is...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:43 pm 

'' Do I look presentable, Megumi-san?'' She asked her ronin aide while she looked herself with her small pocket mirror and slightly adjusted the final details of her furisode.

'' Hai, hime-sama'' She replied, mildly amused.

'' I don't know, maybe I should had come in a more formal attire...''

'' You look perfect, Seppun-hime.'' Megumi commented.

'' ... '' Hinami was not convinced.

Megumi not only was here to act as Hinami's translator but also as her chaperone. It wouldn't be appropiate for a young princess to meet alone with a man, especially a gaijin. They are not trustable...

Why she was so nervous? This was just an oficial meeting between the superintendent for Kameyama-Jima and the barbaric savage gaijin governor of East Port, right? This was only a meeting for continuing and strengthen the cultural cooperation between the people of Rokugan and the gaijin of Merenae. There was nothing wrong, nothing unusual...

Both women waited in a small annex room for the governor to appear.

Where was he? Maybe he forgot about the meeting? or perhaps the correct time of the meeting was lost in translation? Hinami fanned herself faster than she's used to. With her -new- fan...

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D9-EE] This is not a date...this is not a date...this i
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:30 pm 

This is not a date. This is a watermelon. Cut into even scoops, gently doused in margarita, served in the original shell. With two-pronged forks. It has arrived just before Juan.

"The governor is riding fast to join you, Principesa. He'll be here shortly. There has been an emegency on the plantation but it has been handled."

The butler disappeared, and another servant brought bowls of pecan nuts and raspberries.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:33 pm 

Megumi approached and translated what the butler said. She was not amused, what type of emergency would be more important than their meeting?...

But then the assortments of fruits arrived. Hinami was genuinely surprised by these brightly coloured fruits, especially the big watermelon. '' What are these?'' She asked Megumi while inspecting the strange fruit.

'' They are known as sandía or melón de agua in the Merenae language, hime-sama. It is a very sweet type of fruit, the redish pulp is quite delicate and refreshing. '' The ronin aide explained to the princess.

'' ... '' Hinami picked one of the forks. It was a strange sensation in her hand as she was accustomed to the traditional rokugani chopsticks. But she has observed in the past few days how the gaijin use them.

She gently used it to pick some of the watermelon pulp. The ronin was right. She was totally right. This fruit was quite refreshing. Hinami liked it it, quite a lot. There was something else, the juice had some flavour that she could not identify but clearly the watermelon was slightly doused with some sort of alcoholic breverage. '' This is delicious...'' She said.

Then she observed the bowls. '' And these?'' She asked. She could recognize that they similar to other fruits that existed in Rokugan but they were not quite the same.

'' The red ones are known as frambuesas, they are a type of berry. The other ones are a type of nut, the merenae know them as pacana or nuez encarcelada or simply as nueces, Seppun hime-sama.''

Hinami nods. She also tasted the content of the bowls. Well, maybe she will forget that the gaijin was late for their meeting after all...

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:36 pm 

There was some ruckus in the courtyard, the sound of a horse riding in. Juan de Almeria hopped off the saddle before the horse stopped.

"Ready my satin doublet and a fresh shirt! And clean my rapier from this filth. Did you send her fruits, Rodrigo?"

"I did, Don Juan."

"Good!"

And then the sounds of boots on stone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:05 am 

Of course Hinami could hear the ruckus that came from outside. She didn't understand what was happening but she could identify the voice of the gaijin governor out there.

Quicker than a Kakita duelist, she immediately adopted a 'more' rokugani highborn ladylike posture, smoothed her furisode for the last time, checked her hair and jewelry, inspected her peace-bonded wakizashi, opened her fan and waited...fanning herself...

The footstep sound was getting closer.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:40 am 

After quickly getting changed, Juan knocked, then entered the room. He was dressed in dark blue doublet with Almeria crest, a tower between a crescent moon and grapes.

"Gomen nasai to have kept you waiting, Hinami-hime." He said in a mixture of Merenaese and Rokugani as he bowed elaborately.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:34 am 

Hinami expression was completely neutral of course. She was neither nervous nor anxious, she was the epitome of rokugani good etiquette. On the outside that is...

She bowed as well, as graceful as she could. She was surprised by his usage of rokugani mixed with merenaese and she inferred that he was apologizing for arriving a bit late. Her deduction was proven correct when Megumi whispered the translation.

'' Don't worry Hua..nu Al...umeriya, It is an honor to meet you again. Have you recieved Inari's-no-kami blessings today? '' She said. Megumi translated the princess words '' The princess says that you should not worry, Don Juan Almería. She is honored to meet you again and she politely asks if you have recieved las bendiciones de Inari, which is a traditional greeting en El Imperio Esmeralda.'' The ronin explained the Inari part.

Hinami waited for Megumi to translate her words to add another thing '' I hope that everything is fine with your plantations? '' She asked, her voice sounded a bit worried. Megumi also translated that part.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 am 

In his mind scrambling for what Inari could be he thought that maybe she meant blessings and stories? Maybe the Rokugani were thoughtful enough to ask not just about nice things that happened to you, but also what you've learned? He decided to go with that as he walked into the room.

"Please tell the Pricipesa that many worries fade in her presence and no longer feel like something that has to be got off the chest. The incident that halted me was dealt with, and all is well now. I feel my day has been blessed, with good food, hard work and now also exquisite company. Please ask the Prinicpesa Jinami if her day has been good too and whether the snacks are too her liking. Or if she has any requests."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:55 am 

Megumi leaned towards Hinami to translate. Hinami was a bit surprised by the level of embellishment and flourish praises in Juan's words. It was a 'bit' too much, but it was not something that bothered Hinami. Actually she didn't know what to think, it was complicated...

She did blush though, but her fan covered it.

'' I'm relieved to hear that your day has been a good one, Huanu Alum...eriya. My day has also been blessed, thanks for asking.'' She bowed again.

'' The snacks has been appropriate, Arigato...'' Hinami replied in the most Rokugani way possible, with appropiate meaning that she liked them. '' I'm quite curious about this sandia fruit...'' The pronunciation of that word was not so dificult for her. '' ... we don't have something similar back at Rokugan. Very unique flavour...'' She commented about the watermelon. '' Is this a fruit native from your country? or from another more distant land?'' She asked.

Megumi translated to Juan.

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Etiquette/Awareness to not faint from Juan's words - 29

Last edited by Seppun Hinami on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 am 

"The seeds for the one we plant on the plantation have been brought from my country, in my home province of Estremaviedo. Estates of Almerias in Merenae are famous for our fruits and vegetables, our olives and our wines, as much as Quijanos are famous for their wheat. La Finca is a piece of home I've brought here crop after crop over the years. But sandia has probably originated elsewhere. My guess would be the Nahr'Umar Valley but I have never checked." Juan smiled, gesturing for them to approach the window. "But for all purposes, we've made it ours."

Speaking about agriculture was always a good way to distract Juan. In his mind there was always some space for conversation on seeds, ploughing and bountiful harvests.

"Please tell Prinipesa Jinami that I am glad she likes them. A supply will be sent to her abode tomorrow morning." He recalled something. "Not as a gift, but as a way to meet my personal obligation to foster good relations between our countries... by culinary means."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:36 pm 

The young Seppun princess nods. Hinami didn't really know those many places that Juan was talking about. To her those strange places sounded like coming from another world, not part of Ningen-do. But she was interested in the fruit, perhaps it could grow in Rokugan? Would her father like it? Maybe she will send some of the seeds back to her home. She followed him to the window and observed the Almeria's state plantation outside.

Then Juan offered the sandías as part of his 'obligations'.

'' Oh, hai. eh...'' Now she was regretting having sold her tea, that could had been a great for an 'intercultural' exchange. ''I was not prepared for that. I sincerely ask your forgiveness, Huanu Alumeriya...'' She bowed a bit ashamed for her unprepareness. '' I will see that some traditional Rokugani food or products are delivered to you as well. Like I said before, we don't have a comparable fruit, but we do have sake and tea. It will take a while but I will see that you are given some of our cultural culinary heritage.'' She offered a second bow to apologize.

'' I was told that your plantations produce most of the food consumed on this island, what kind of plants can be grown here?'' She was actually interested, not because she wanted to known about agriculture, that was a heimin occupation, but because she wanted to known if there were other strange plants that grew here and not in Rokugan.

Megumi translated the message of course. She was close to the princess but looking to another direction, giving them a false sense of privacy.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:23 pm 

"Please, pay it no mind, Principesa Jinami. It will happen when it will happen. Somehow I am not worried at all that I'll miss out on being enriched in ways of your country as long as we keep meeting." He chuckled, then pointed to the fields situated in the growing evening shadow of Mount Kappa. "Many crops. Like olive orchards there. The climate is not optimal but our cuisine cannot survive without olives and olive oil. Behind them, there are vineyards. The volcanic soil here is very rich so the grapes turn out fruity, with character and nuanced finishing, rich in tannins that soften after year or two of ageing but still retain gunpowder scent not unlike your oolong teas. They even have some following back home..."

He looked at her with a slightly mysterious smile, then to the courtyard again.

"But I think I should take you on a tour of the hacienda. I think the gift I have for you would help us greatly in arranging that."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 pm 

'' Olibesu? '' She tried to observe from the windows the orchards. Hinami didn't known about olives. Now this was quite interesting for her, so many plants that she didn't knew that existed. Perhaps there was potential space for improvements in food, ikebana, bonsai and maybe tea ceremony. If even more plants or trees exist, maybe there was a great oportunity for export to Rokugan.

'' Hmm...'' A gift? What can it be? '' I would be honored to accompany you, Hua..nu Ar...umeriya.'' She nods to him, accepting his invitation, slightly smiling behind her fan.

Megumi was holding the princess silk umbrella, of course. Like a true princesa her worst enemy was sun-tanning.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:48 am 

"Then come with me, Principesa, for I cannot show you the gift from here." He smiled a bit then gestured elegantly toward the door from the room. "Ladies first."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 pm 

Hinami accepted his invitation. Megumi gave to her the silk umbrella so the young Seppun princess could still mantain her attractive pale complexion and both women began to follow Juan to the outside of his house.

While they were walking, Hinami remembered something. '' I apologize if I sound rude and meddlesome Huanu Alum...eriya, some days ago when I first met you I heard a baby crying...'' The rumours about Juan didn't mention anything about a baby or that he was wooing someone. '' ...I suppose it is your son or daughter, right? If you don't want to answer is fine with me, and I ask your forgiveness if I touched a sensitive personal topic ''

Maybe his wife died during childbirth or after it. Hinami imagined. Juan didn't look like a man that would make bastard sons or daughters...

Megumi translated the princess words.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:51 pm 

Juan chuckled lightly at her question as they were descending toward the courtyard.

"Sancho is my brother's son. He and his wife and child left for Merenae a ten-day ago or so. The house is more empty and soundless now. I actually miss my nephew's strong voice. It is only now that I realise how much this hacienda needs a family in it rather than just one busy bachelor."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:25 pm 

Nephew?... Hinami remembered something. Now this was getting complicated, but she shook her head, dismissing her thoughts.

'' A man like yourself and in your position certainly must have several women waiting anxiously for a chance...'' By Hida's balls, What I'm doing!? ''...to become your wife, Huanu Alumeriya.'' Hinami fanned herself a bit more faster than usual. Probably it was the climate heat.

Megumi translated.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:46 pm 

Juan chuckled. "You know, Principesa Jinami, my mother blessed my father with triplets that look very much alike but are quite different in character. Juan the Elder is a very pious and spiritual man who only handles family interests out of necessity. Jose is a natural for business, good-hearted but also difficult, quick to begrudge and very competitive. As you can imagine, they fought often, and I was the one to reconcile them." He glanced at her curiously. "Mind you, I have my inner fire like all of us three, no Almeria is born without strong passions, but I tend to give priority to responsibility and conscientious work for the family. And my passion has always been to see things built and growing, to bring about prosperity, to run a harmonious homestead, an orderly and prosperous community." He smirked as they stepped out into the courtyard. "Because someone has to. But also because I seem to be good at it. I am quite satisfied with my work here in La Finca and over the East Port."

With an amused flickering in his eyes, he sought her gaze for a moment but would not be troubled if she refused to let it be found.

"That is my lengthy way to say that I don't know much about women lining up because I didn't pay too much attention to potential spouses. I mean, I even have a very attractive and intelligent advisor a bond with whom would be good for the family but I never found myself looking at her that way." He rubbed his chin, briefly demonstrating 'that way' to Hinami for the purpose of being on the same page. "But over the last year I've become envious of Jose. Not because of Rita, but because of what they have together. I've realised how much I am missing out on, letting days go by routinely, without the excitement and the drive the dear ones can give..." He sighed, gesturing for the stable boy to do his bidding. "Sanchito's cries often woke me up, now it's just some bland rooster."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:10 pm 

The Seppun princess nods as Megumi translates Juan's words. The story of the Almeria brothers made her remember about her own twin and the differences between Hikari and her. She was not wrong about him looking a bit more focused on duty and order. That was good, hard work and harmonious prosperity were qualities that Hinami could respect and sought for herself.

Juan's intense gaze did found Hinami's own for a brief moment but she could not resist for long, so she turned her gaze away, blushing.

'' In Rokugan marriage is a matter of duty, to carry on your family line and to give heirs to your lord, so your family can continue to serve him or her well. Love is not something that influences the process of searching for a husband or wife. Sure, there can be some couples that fall in love during the length of their marriage, but those are rare.'' She commented about her own culture traditions about marriage. '' But love is still a very potent, although tragic, a fleeting feeling that is very respected in the Empire. Benten-no-kami, the Fortune of Love, is very popular among our population. Many books and poems make praises about her and her dominion.'' She adds.

''Well then, the solution to your problems is clear, Hua...nu Al...umeriya, instead of rooster waking you up, you need someone to...'' She didn't finish that phrase. Hinami continued fanning herself quite quickly. The heat was very, very strong.

Megumi translated.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 am 

Juan listened with interest, his lips moving slightly under his moustache when he was registering her message.

"In Merenae, we often say that marriage is like wine, it gets better as it ages. At the beginning the relationship is heavy with passions like it is with tannins and sugar. And it's only natural as those sustain the mutual bond if all else fails. With time, the heaviness is lifted and more subtle aromas emerge, like deeper mutual understanding and respect, common goals and shared favourite pastimes. While arranged marriages are important because of politics, we don't exclude love as a good reason, for it may carry the marriage through initial turbulences. Jose and Rita often argued and quarreled here, but when they were making up all the hacienda could hear them and they were saints for all of us the next day. It's hard to begrudge such spark."

He had been looking at her somehow for a moment before he looked away with a smirk.

"Speaking of, I think I interrupted you. Did you meant bringing morning coffee, kicking out of the bed because work on the hacienda starts early, or something else?"

Page 1 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next