Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

Page 1 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Through the Misty Fields (D9 EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:54 am 

Anzai had awoken early that morning. He had dressed in his simple cotton kimono, finding it quite comfortable in the climate of the island. Making his way across the West Port, to the East Port, he had several tasks to attend to. But this early, he wished to greet his newest friend. Over the past fortnight, Anzai had spent time between meeting with the Governor of East Port, spending as much time as he could with Akaichou, and other tasks as needed by the Emerald Magistrate.

He slowly walked past the gate of the Governor's Estate, his hands tucked into the sleeves of his kimono. Greeting any guards or field hands as he passed, the young Scorpion ambassador found his way to the main entrance and grand hall, once again.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Through the Misty Fields (D9 EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:59 pm 

He didn't get that far. Don Juan found him in the courtyard, on horseback.

"Buenos dias, Senor."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 pm 

Anzai would bow to the Don as he approached. "Buenos dias, Don Juan. I hope this morning finds you well. A lovely day for a ride." He indicated to the mist of the morning dew.

"May I accompany you?"

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:56 pm 

"Yes, if you can ride a horse, Senor. Take one from the stables, I'll wait."

He nodded, making his tartessan dance in place.

"Though I don't know about the mist. It's not usual, it may be bad for the vineyards."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 am 

Anzai nodded, before making his way to the stables. While he couldn't be considered a master horseman, after two weeks of visiting with the governor, as well as time spent with Akaichou, he had gotten used to being around the majestic creatures. While his own riding was uneasy, he at least made his way back to Juan on horseback.

Guiding the horse to Don Juan's side, he looked to the other man, as they overlooked the mists. "Can anything be done to help protect the vintage?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:06 pm 

"Hay, as usual. I have already sent the tenants and want to oversee them now. I have good bailiffs, but with vineyards one needs more experience in judgement. Vamos!" He gave the horse spurs and directed them down the country road.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:33 am 

Anzai followed along, spurring on his own horse. While unsure of himself, he understood that the best way to ride was to exude as much confidence as possible. Holding onto the reins, he followed after the Governor, eager to see what the other man had in store.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:23 am 

The vineyards are a little away, closer to the slopes.

"As we ride, tell me where your people are at with their presence. I heard something about your planned departures sometime soon."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:30 am 

Anzai would look about the pasture as they rode, while keeping his ears open to listen to the Governor. As they came over the crest, looking to the slopes, he could make out the beginnings of the vineyards, and then the question.

"I do not have any specifics, Don Juan. Some will go West, some will go East. I intend to go East." He held his steeds pace with the other man.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:20 pm 

"So you're going to sail toward my homeland. To what purpose?" Juan mused, passing by an olive orchard with Anzai right behind him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:30 pm 

"I imagine in some form of diplomatic role, should Hantei-no-kimi allow me to press on." Anzai looked to the other man, allowing his horse to follow their lead. He would spur the horse on, as shown by the hands, in an unsteady manner. Cursing inwardly, not wishing to look foolish in front of the Governor again.

"Again, I do not seek to impose our culture on anyone, but to seek understanding. With good diplomatic ties, I imagine only benefits for all involved."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:39 pm 

"The ties are no independent on who conducts them. Some people may not get along no matter the diplomatic effort. Merenae is full of stubborn, proud and ambitious people, who can also be ruthless hypocritical schemers. Unless your experience of dealing with such is different?"

Juan turned around to look at Anzai.

"What do you actually know of the place you might sail to, Senor?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:56 pm 

Anzai would explain what he had learned from Zabieru concerning Merenae. Taking the timr to go over the areas which intrigued him.

"I know it is not a full picture, Señor. But it is something to start. And perhaps a touch more than most of my countrymen." He smiled as he began to keep pace with the Governor.

"I am not worried about lands of contradiction and hypocrisy. That I can deal with. Ambition is easy enough to placate. I simply would seek to try and better relations, and if need be, to answer to honor, as different as it is between the two."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 pm 

"Again, with whom, Senor? With the king? With those the king prosecutes? With my father? With my father's enemies? With the Aberri bandits, with the common folk? Unless you have possessed some secret art of amity, you cannot be everyone's friend."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 pm 

"Then I would begin with who I know. I'd hope after the past two weeks, we have begun to know each other. While there, I am certain I would enjoy an opportunity to know more of your family." Anzai would remain calm as he spoke, allowing the early morning ride to set the tone and tempo of the conversation.

"From there, your father, and then his allies. And who knows, perhaps I do have that gift to see many different points of view. To at least begin the conversation. That is the point of diplomacy, señor. But I don't have to tell you that."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:03 pm 

"My family has fared well during the last forty years but changes are now coming. We stayed loyal to the crown back during the time of troubles, but these days it doesn't seem to be enough. The king is trying to tax our domains unfairly and while my father has been cooperative the resentment against the crown in the realm in general is on the rise. Some of our current political friends may oppose the king, as may some of our foes. To be alone or to be in defiance is a hard bargain. My both brothers are sailing home as we speak, to reinforce our position."

He paused.

"The curious thing is that it is your Prince that has likely precipitated that. There is an old fear in the La Familia Real de Radena that the throne can be usurped by a member of your ruling dynasty, something Teodoro Cornejo might have supported back in the day to advance his own, and failed. Still, it does not tell good things about the condition of our monarchy if a gossip about your expedition can move the country to the brink of a civil war. Knowing this, I wonder about your thoughts, Senor."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:22 pm 

This was a dangerous game now. Anzai thought for a long moment, considering the words and the way Juan put forth the state of affairs."My stance is still, non-interference in the affairs of a sovereign state. It is not for Rokugan to attempt to decide who should be on any throne, save by the will of the Kami and what was laid out." He looked with intent to Don Juan, gauging his reactions.

"My official position as a potential ambassador. As an acquaintance to you and your family? If there is something you need for me to aid in strengthening your or your family's position, you only need to ask."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:15 pm 

"Truly, it's all that is needed?" Juan chuckled. "You know, there are people like Bellena de Quijano or Xavier de Arrigorriagakoa who are your people, and my people, and your Principe's people, all at the same time. Or the Milla family. I don't expect either of them to practice non-interference. They will be involved this way or another, and heavily so."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:50 pm 

"That is all that is needed from me, my friend." He offered a warm smile, while listening to the names given by Don Juan.

Berena.

Xabieru.

Miya. Would that be Edogawa? Or Suihime? Or even the Doom of Bachelors herself?

Anzai would have to do some digging, for sure.

"Well, then I may have to change my official position. Of course to what most benefits our alliance."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:16 pm 

"All signs by Caelus and Gaia are that whoever can be accredited by your country in Carceiras, it shall not by by King Miguel. If you align your interests with that of my house and we emerge victorious from the struggle to come, you can certainly count on assuming a distinguished position in the new order." Juan replied calmly.

Page 1 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next