Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:55 am 

Jama nodded slowly.

"So you have a vision that is not at odds with mine. One that brings the primary agency and the primary responsibility onto your shoulders. Very well, cousin. Play the game then to the best of your ability, for the sake of the corresponding futures I and you want to unfold. I will indeed focus elsewhere and if we both succeed, we will seek new accommodations over the issues you speak of. My condition will always be that House Cornejo is restored, rehabilitated and re-instituted over La Corna."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:57 am 

Saionji inclined his head, having glanced at Bellena.

"By means of your sister?"

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 am 

"Or any child of hers. Or mine." Jama responded calmly.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:39 pm 

Bellena pondered the words the two men exchanged as things began to fit into place in her head. She nodded at Jama's request and looked to Saionji, "I think that can be arranged."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:20 pm 

Ruqqayah, through an epic feat of will, didn't blush. She thought of anything to keep from thinking about children of his or how they might come to be. "I'm in favor," she said, watching Bellena and Saionji with a slight smile. "Regarding what we were speaking of before, Lella Bell'eza, moving forward with this in mind in three places at the same time may do quite a bit to help prevent or minimize conflict, I think."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:40 pm 

Bellena nodded and swallowed once before replying, "Miguel is not likely to go away without a fight my dear... but if there is unity among our coalition, I feel that we can minimize the affected individuals, and hopefully save a great many more lives as a result of our efforts. I will speak with the appropriate parties in the days to come and seek unity of purpose with them. I believe this to be a path to a better future if we are careful in our steps."

She offered a smile to her friend before turning to look at the other two men, "Once again we are sorry for intruding upon you this evening Hantei-denka. Thank you for your consideration and hospitality. It has been a revealing experience, and one I feel is for the best for all parties involved."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:03 pm 

Jama nodded.

"Before you depart, I will voice my interest in parts of the Thranish diagram that are likely in your possession, cousin. I wish the issue of dismantling Hawthorne's hideout resolved before I depart from the island. As long as it remains to the north, it is a lingering danger for Kameyama, and so also for the plans we have laid out."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm 

"Is this one of the reasons you've brought the Explorers here, Hantei-no-kimi?" Saionji asked, glancing at Bellena, then at Ruqqayah.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:08 pm 

"It has certainly been one of the reasons. In his journal Kasuga expressed little doubt that it had been founded by the Thranish before they sailed for Rokugan, as a supply base and a staging ground for their future operations."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:15 pm 

“I believe the Unicorn are also interested in finding Hawthorne’s belongings. It would seem there’s a possible conflict of interest unless you are looking to return it to the Unicorn.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:05 pm 

"Hawthorne's belongings in a loose sense of the term. Getting that back is of importance to all Unicorn."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:00 pm 

"I am aware of the fact that the Unicorn want to retrieve the treasures of Ide Sunosa. There is no certainty that the diagram leads to them, but there is a chance it is so. Iuchi-san's presence here should have clarified my intentions in this regard." He nodded to Ruqqayah. "And we have already established that she would represent Unicorn interests in the effort of the Explorers better than you, cousin."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 pm 

“So... if I may ask Hantei-denka, what are you looking for? So we may know what you wish to have rendered to you and what to the Unicorn.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 pm 

"Everything else, as per the Imperial Decree that governs my position." Jama remained impassive. "I have received a report that earlier tonight a Thranish galleon engaged two Imperial vessels along the northern littoral. While she was eventually routed, there were significant casualties among the crews and the Marines. There is imminence to what we are discussing here, Muhaki-san."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:54 pm 

Bellena nodded and looked to Saionji.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:39 pm 

"I suppose you would not mind the Unicorn and the Tortoise who are not members of your corps, Hantei-no-kimi, to assist in the endeavour to retrieve the cache, whatever it holds. Then imminence would not come at the expense of inclusion of relevant parties."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:41 pm 

"I have planned it. However, it can only happen on the vessels of the Explorers."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:42 pm 

"Is there a reason behind it, Hantei-no-kimi?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:44 pm 

"No other mundane vessels are equipped to cross the mists."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:03 pm 

"I don't think there's an inherent problem with that, but it does put a logistical crunch on the situation. It would have to be done before the Explorers leave soon."

Page 4 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4