Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Return of Prodigal Brother (D9-EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:19 am 

His new assignment to the Walrus had been a source of mixed feelings, since he had worked and saved the Ashitae Maru, grown to liking the captain and the first officer, but Walrus had been his home for a long time and the man who he had always considered his captain was there as well. He also worried for the Ashitae Maru, and leaving it alone, but Miya-sama was a great captain, she would probably find her way. Despite it all, it was a great day for Wataru, who carried the few things from the Ashitae Maru that he had, leaving behind most of the charts and sea routes of the vessel, and went back to a ship he knew better.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Post subject: Re: Return of Prodigal Brother (D9-EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm 

The captain was on the Walrus's deck, observing the men doing regular maintenance on the ship. He liked the sisters but once in a while he needed that sea breeze...and some calm. He was just taking a slow breath when Wataru came on board.

Susumu grinned ear to ear

''Ah! Well isn't it a familiar face I see!''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:50 am 

"I come home, my brother," He replied with a grin on his face, carrying the sac over his shoulder, "back to my captain, since I hear you need a proper first officer." The samurai dropped the sac next to him as he reached Susumu and offered him a bow. His voice turned more kindred as he added, "My captain, it is good to be back."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:39 pm 

Susumu opened his arms for a grandiose welcome''You heard right and I am glad it is you Wataru-san!'' he then gave the officer a bow of his own ''Welcome back to the Walrus, your cabin is ready. Take your time settling in...we have a lot to talk about.''

He turned back to his men

''HEY! Wataru-san is coming back to us! Give him a warm welcome!''

The crew present on deck began to make a round of applause for the new first mate.

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:08 am 

Wataru climbed up the plank into the boat, he could feel the new winds of change coming his way as the new position was already a success on his way to proving his value. Susumu had seen it, he was aware of it, but the Empire was still to find out of his greatness.

"I am honored to be back, I am gracious to come to the sailors that I know and the boat that I love and has seen my hands work." Wataru dropped the sac on the boat and took a deep breath, releasing the air slowly, "now you men get back to work, this boat can't be the pride of the Armada looking like this." As they got back to work, most of the men greeted him, they had worked with him and knew him pretty well. Wataru didn't feel the need to show what he was capable of, these men already knew.

He turned to the captain, "should we get started then?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:50 pm 

''Sure'' he nodded towards the captain's cabin

''Lets talk in there''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:21 am 

Wataru followed Susumu into the captain's cabin and accommodated himself in his usual chair. As the doors closed, he felt that everything, all his problems, were left outside and he was in a safe place. His body even seemed lighter as the weight of his stress was relieved from his shoulders.

"I haven't felt so calm in ages."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm 

The captain smirked

''That's a good thing, yes? Your cabin is ready to receive you.''

He walked over to his desk and sat in his chair, inviting Wataru to do the same

''While I would like to get to personal matters, there is much more busy topics to discuss first. Tell me Wataru-san, can you make sea charts of this island?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 am 

Wataru smiled as he pulled out a map of the island. "I've got the mainland covered, and I've studied some of the water currents on north and south side of the island, so I think that I could work something out, although the currents change everyday. If you give me a day in advance, I don't think I'll have any trouble figuring out the water movements."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 pm 

''Good...but I want a map to get here from the mainland'' Susumu replied

''I made a commercial deal with the House of Dahab and we will require Mantis ships to sail to this island'' he then got out a map of his own...When he unfurled it Wataru could see it lead to the coastal city of Aquahba, the real one

''And I need this one to be copied as well for our clan champion''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 am 

"That will not be a problem. I have already charted the area that covered from here to Rokugan, as well as the island we are in, and if we are to continue our voyage, I will continue to work on the maps of every region and area that we fall upon." The samurai took a look at the map that Susumu offered him. It was of different technique to that of the Empire, so it was probably a gift from the gaijin to Susumu, but Wataru knew enough of cartography and of the gaijin to understand what the symbols and the map was related to. "I can also update this map to our Imperial system, if that is ok with Susumu-sama."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 pm 

''Of course'' he said with a sastified smile ''Your work will be vastly useful for our clan. Feel free to come into this cabin to work.'' he rolled up the map once Wataru was finished with it and stored it in one of the locked drawers.

''Here is the key for this one'' he said, sliding a key on the table

''I'll try to play nice with the tortoises but I still don't trust them yet''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 am 

The samurai nodded, "I too feel awkward about the Tortoise, I know too much about them not to feel so. I don't sense that they have caused any change in Ran-chan, which makes me feel more trusting towards them, but I think that it's because the one that I don't trust is the Champion in the Empire. I think that Saionji-sama should be the proper Champion of the clan, and I think that if the Mantis supports his claim to the Championship, then we will win a strong ally and reduce the tension between our clans."

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]