Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Premeditated Sin [D11LE]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 am 

"Ah, I've spoken to her a few times, then," she replied with a nod, lapsing into silence as her expression closes a little and her brows knit, looking down at her hands again.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:51 am 

"You may have spoken to her more than I have recently, then." he admitted. "Tending to the fleet has kept me busy."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 am 

She nodded. "She's an interesting person. It's been an honor to have the opportunity to interact with her."

After another silence, she finally said, "... Getting in the way of someone's destiny is probably a serious transgression, don't you think? I wonder if someone who does that can be forgiven, even by a god like Kharsis."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm 

"Perhaps." he nodded. "But, I do not think destiny is easily deterred. Even those who run from it can find that they can't escape it. fate finds a way, in this life or another."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:47 pm 

"What if they are not allowed to proceed to another?" She pressed her lips together and looked up toward the cross. "I am worried that what I did for Gusai-san might have done more harm than good."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 pm 

"He lives, Iuchi-san. I cannot imagine anything harmful in that." he shook his head. Looking to the altar, he continued. "The priest here told me that the Kharsis faith does not believe in reincarnation. But, I am quite certain that some souls do return to be reborn, those who have not found their final place in the afterlife. What is your fear?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 pm 

"I'm worried that what I'm looking for is just selfishness... A selfishness that will bring harm to someone I'm convincing myself I want to help. And that my pursuit of it will bring harm to my family." She let out a soft breath.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 pm 

"I do not understand how saving the life of another can be an act of selfishness, but it is clear you have a concern." he responded. "I suppose it's a question of motivation. Was there something else you hoped for when helping Gusai-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 pm 

She considered. "Not all the time. In the middle of it, all I could think was that I didn't want another person to die in front of me." She replied. "It gave me a breakthrough, though. I didn't know if I could do anything at all when I went to act. He was beyond the normal bounds of healing."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 pm 

"Then it wasn't a selfish act." he assured her. "Whether or not it was an appropriate act, I cannot say. I have little understanding of healing arts, mystical or mundane. You would need to tell me more, if you wanted an informed opinion."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 pm 

"... I guess it's a bit hard to explain. I'm sorry for burdening you with it."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:45 am 

"You aren't burdening me." he shook his head. "Our talk has helped, really."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm 

She broke into a smile at that. A little wan, but she was genuinely feeling better. "You're a kind person, Miya-san. It's helped me, too."

"I'm still not sure what I should do... But I feel closer to figuring it out, thanks to you. I hope you find some solace, as well."

She looked up. "This is a good place for getting things like those sorted out, I feel like."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:37 pm 

"It is." he nodded. "And, I think it will become more important in the days to come. I'm not sure what place Kharsis will have in Rokugan, but I feel that there will be one, as there will be for the Unicorn."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:16 pm 

She nodded to herself. "I think so. I can imagine. I hope."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 pm 

"I would like to learn more about the Unicorn, regardless." he said. "Perhaps, you would be able to tell me more about yourself and your people, sometime."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 pm 

"I'd like to share it with you." She smiled warmly. "Besides, if you're headed west, even if it's past Aqahba and on to Merenae, it's probably a good thing to know ahead."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 pm 

He nodded. "You are welcome to visit me on the Yamato Maru. I know we will be sailing north tomorrow, with the rest of the fleet, to confront those who attacked with the spiders. That will be at noon, however. I'll be available before that."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 pm 

She nodded, then looked toward him seriously. "I'd like to come with, if you don't mind. You already know where my main skills lie, but I'm not totally helpless in a fight either."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 pm 

"I feel we will need everyone willing to join us." he nodded. "It will be dangerous, but the Yamato Maru is likely better suited to serve in a support capacity to the others."

Page 2 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next