Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 pm

Page 3 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Salva Nos (D12, EM)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:23 am 

"Ah, you truly are a Crane in disguise," Utsusemi teased gently.

"But, you are right," she nodded, "though it is a relief to hear you say it. Thinking a church here worked similarly to temples and shrines back home, I did make something I wished to give, but... I wasn't sure if it was proper..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:27 am 

"Oh?" She asked.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 am 

Utsusemi nodded and again retrieved something from her satchel. This time, a carefully rolled up painting which she passed to Bellena, helping her with carefully unrolling the paper.

"I was thinking of how you said the doves were favoured symbols of the Kharsis faith..." she had attempted a slightly different style than what she was most used to, inspired by what she had seen on the island. Still, it was what one could expect from a Crane artisan: beautiful.

---

D10 Artisan: Painting/Awa. +1k1 Void. 3 raises. TN 30: 8d10o10k5 38

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:44 am 

“Wow! Utsu, this is amazing. You painted this for the Church?” She asked as she examined the painting.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:50 am 

"Yes," she nodded. "While poetry is the art I know the best, I've found that images translate better across cultures and languages."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:30 pm 

She nodded, "This is most generous Utsu. I know the priest has been a bit ill for the last couple of weeks, shall we approach the woman in charge now?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm 

Utsusemi nodded, though some concern crept into her features.

"Ill? Oh dear... is there anything I can help with, perhaps?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm 

Now it was Bellena's turn to feel a bit awkward. Explaining stigmata to someone of Rokugani descent was sure to not be easy. So she shook her head, "He is old. And has an ailment that those here are best suited to treat."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm 

She didn't really understand what sort of ailment it could be, but... in the end she reasoned that as a holy place, the church probably had people more dedicated to the healing arts and who knew better the condition of the old priest.

"Of course," Utsusemi nodded, dispelling any awkwardness of the situation. Those Doji manners did come very much in handy sometimes.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:55 pm 

Bellena continued, "There is a woman named Agata who is taking care of affairs here for the time being."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 pm 

"I assume much of these affairs are similar to those of a temple back home? Offering spiritual guidance and bettering the community around them, that sort of thing, yes?"

Utsusemi still had a hard time letting go of the state of affairs at the so-called 'shrine' to Kasuga, that the men who lived there were just old lecherous drunks who contributed nothing to the world they lived in, nor seemed to care for anyone but themselves. So she hoped that the other holy places on the island were different.

"When the temple to Sadahako is ready, the monks there can help with such for the people of the island."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 pm 

She nodded, "That is much of what they do. Hopefully both organizations can function in harmony with those common objectives."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:00 am 

"I hope so too, but with you and Muhaki-dono's influence and presence, I do believe such is possible. You both seem to be well-respected on this island, after all," she remarked with a gentle smile.

"Not to mention the new lady of the Someisa... Ran-san is rather well-liked too for her charming nature."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 am 

She smiled, "You are most kind. As always. We will return here when we can... but for now our path will take us away for a short while..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:36 am 

Utsusemi smiled fondly. "Hmm... I still can't believe you are getting married to him. When you first spoke of your feelings for him, it all seemed so impossible for it to happen, and now..." she gave a happy sigh, "I'm so happy for you, mi amiga. You deserve happiness."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 am 

She smiled and tilted her head, "I don't know how much I 'deserve' it, but I will take whatever happiness I can get while I can. Big things are happening in the days ahead. I'm not sure I'm ready for it... but I am glad that I'll have him there with me for as much of it as I can."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:45 am 

"Good and honourable actions are rewarded to us by the Heavens, my friend," she nudged with a friendly smile. "Just as courageous ones are too."

"I might not be as brave as you are, but if I can help you somehow before you go out today, you need only ask."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 am 

She smiled and squeezed her friend’s hand, “Thank you. I will miss you dearly mi amiga.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 am 

Utsusemi returned the gesture with a gentle squeeze of her own.

"As I will miss you too. I sincerely wish we will meet again after our ways part... my daughter would love to meet someone as exceptional as yourself. You'd be like a fictional character from a tale come true," she chuckled.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 am 

She chuckled, “I’m nothing that special I assure you.”

DescriptionTheme

Page 3 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next