Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: A Guy and a Gai-jin (D12, LM)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 pm 

She shook her head, "I don't take it as one. I have no control on where the heavens chose I should be born, and under what circumstances. The choices I have to make is what to do with the life that I am granted. I'm pleased that you see that I am at least attempting to live my life in concordance with the ways of the Empire, even if my skin pigment and hair color differs from most of those who live that same life. I don't have the same illustrious line of dutiful servants of the Empire like Matsu-sama does, but every family at one point had to start somewhere after coming in contact with the Celestial Order. Matsu herself qualified herself to be accepted into the Celestial Order through dedicated, enduring, and meritorious service. And all the generations that have followed have benefited by her example. It is my hope that I can too gain further acceptance in the eyes of my peers through extended and meritorious service to the Empire and that the generations that will follow me will benefit from whatever small contributions I can provide."

She smiled, "There are some Unicorn that wish to respect the ways of the Empire too... but you are right to be cautious about them, because there are a great many who do not. It is why I warned the collection of captains about them upon our arrival..."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 am 

He nodded as she spoke. "I wish you luck with that Muhaki-san, though you likely have a long road ahead of you. Longer in some clans in others, and I admit the actions of some of your clan might hinder your own progress."

"As for the Unicorn,I think most of them spend a great deal lying to themselves. Their priest will talk about how they follow Shinjo,and she is the most Important thing in their lives. They seem to have forgotten that two of their families failed to answer the call of Shinjo, and in doing so caused the destruction of a third." He shook his head. "As you said they can't be trusted, I'd almost say that extends more so to any that seem to respect our ways."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:27 pm 

"Failure sometimes leads to a renewed sense of duty Matsu-sama. For some... their forebears' failure to heed the call serves as a painful reminder to never allow such a failure again. And for some of the Unicorn, that means they wish to live up to the legacy of the past that their ancestors did not. I would not advise in trusting all of them... but having spent nearly 20 years of my life around them, I can tell you there are some, even a great many of them that are worthy of respect." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:34 pm 

"From some to a great many." He shook his head. "You confuse me Muhaki-san. Though perhaps you are just telling me to respect them as enemies."

I can think of only one that has done anything to impress me thus, far in my time here, but Iuchi Ruqqayah is not someone I can trust. The Jinn within me forced it from her lips like it did with me, she carries an important fate, but a Dark one. She will likely do no good in this world."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:22 am 

"Some is rather unspecific and could create the image that its only a handful... there are a great many... though probably a minority." She replied.

"And as for Ruqqayah... She is a friend of mine... but dark clouds do surround her... what is it that happened?" She asked with a sort of darkened expression but sincere interest.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:02 am 

"It was only something minor though I recall it rather clearly. The Jinn we encountered compelled us to introduce ourselves, and when we did we shared one of our secrets, or so it seemed to me."

"Two I couldn't understand, they spoke in a gaijin tongue, one of the Unicorn I believe. Hers though was clear. In her life she would do great things, but it would be to make the world a darker place."

"Or so was my interpretation."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:28 pm 

Bellena's brow furrowed. "There's a great deal of unusual activity that has gravitated to her as of late... I'll have to discuss some things with her in the future. She is planning on accompanying my betrothed and I going forward... so your insight is most valuable Matsu-sama. Thank you."

Bellena bowed politely to the other man.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 pm 

"Its likely nothing, but you can never be certain Muhaki-san." Honestly it wasn't even of much concern to him. There were other things he placed a higher priority on.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:58 pm 

She nodded. Looking around the square for a moment she then said, "Well, thank you for speaking with me Matsu-sama. I suppose I will see you this afternoon when we disembark?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 pm 

"I'll see you then Muhaki-san." He replied easily, offering the woman a bow. "Have a pleasant day."

Merenaese

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3