Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: Point/Counterpoint (Matsu Yasuhiro Q/A)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:42 pm 

If you have any questions or comments put them here.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Point/Counterpoint (Matsu Yasuhiro Q/A)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:45 pm 

So, what's next for Yasu? Leaving the explorers, and trying to get the Lion to pull out, too; I know you've mentioned those.

But anything else? Study the Jinn, become a Sahir? Go around wiping out everyone on his kill list? I'm curious!

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 pm 

A lot depends on what all I can do with my goals. I don't particularly see him taking out the people on his kill list though. :P

Sahir is a possibility, that will take some thought though, and more exp then I have available. Leaving the explorers though is a definite. Marriage will also be somewhere in the future, to who i have no idea. Meikuko is a possibility, but I really can't picture it in my head.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:43 pm 

Ran will miss the ugly Matsu.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:58 pm 

*pats Ran on the head*

We never got to go on our hike. Time just never worked out.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:17 am 

Stories like these always need the ones who stick to tradition and the old ways. Glad to see you stuck to it, even when the rest were crazy. :)

Was it just me, or did the Dragons give the best impression in the end for Yasu out of all the other factions?

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:55 am 

Crazy the lot of you!! Though some of you are crazier then others.

As for factions giving impressions... Yasu probably got his worst impressions from the Imperials. The turtles were middle ground, though on the lower end of middle thanks to Zabby, and a few other things.. Same for the Mantis. Dragons were somewhat misguided but general okay people. So they probably ended up a bit higher then most factions yes. Though your brother in-law probably needs some proper education.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:00 am 

Did you get to shoot enough people as you wanted?

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:48 am 

>.>

<.<

Nor nearly.

*goes back to making arrows*

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:27 am 

Hrm... suppose I'll put this list here as people seemed mildly interested

Faction/clan opinions lowest to highest.
Unicorn
Imperial
Merenaese
Scorpion
Tortoise
Crane
Mantis
Crab
Dragon

Some factions aren't listed due to not having much interactions, but that's generally how it weighs out.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:35 am 

Yay! Crabby patties are liked.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 am 

What can I say, even Yasuhiro agrees that Kenzo/Utsu are loveable. ;)

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:31 am 

:(

you love me in secret...

One day you will see reason...

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:48 am 

jokes aside...

I still don't understand why Hinami ranks so low to Yasu...i did a lot of things that could be considered traditional, i spoke many times in public against those who were forgetting our traditions and i got a lot of bad reputation from tension.

Sure we had our differences and discussions, but what makes Hinami rank so low while others that did the same (or worse) as her rank higher? :(

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:01 am 

Addressing in order, I wouldn't say the above list means he likes the Crab, Ringo. Just that he dislikes them less then others. He thinks you are all foolish, but he didn't expect much else.

That last thread did make Utsu a lot more likeable in Yasuhiro's eyes. He can see despite their differences, at least they have similar thoughts and intentions. There will be much disappointment in Kenzo coming if Yasuhiro finds out he helped support Jama's gunpowder army.

Well for one the above list references Imperials in general not just Hinami. As for the reasons why, it's probably a bit because Yasuhiro held Hinami in pretty high esteem. She had her faults, but in a lot of ways she was what Yasuhiro thought a Imperial princess should be. The argument they had shattered that in a lot of ways. She moved from a haughty, aloof imperial, to a petulant child in love with a gaijin. In a lot of ways; though not romantically speaking, it broke Yasuhiro's heart, and as she was the last Imperial he truly trusted it helped pave the way to losing his trust in the Imperial families as well.

I made a point of it in Discord, but I don't know if anyone really noticed, Yasuhiro was absent from all celebrations having to do with the River of Stars festival. I also made a note of it in his meeting with Ide Mahasin though. Yasuhiro is not in a place right now mentally to look at a woman romantically or sexually, and honestly will probably stay there a while. I'm not saying that was something that was Hinami's fault, it had been going that way for a while. She was the last push though, and that probably earns her a undue amount of dislike.

There is a bit more to it then that, including the fact that Yasuhiro was feeling exceedingly lonely and isolated after grandma got closed off. That probably caused him to have a bit higher expectations from the Imperial then she could actually meet. As he felt that she was the only one here with views similar to his. All in all though it's probably summed up as. "The higher the pedestal you are put on, the farther you can fall."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:26 am 

thanks for the reply :(

Well, I think we have somewhat similar views about our incident. Yasu treating Hinami like he did really broke her heart in a non-romantical way and wounded her as a person. It was kinda a sum of different events that culminated with Motegi's incident that made Hinami distrust men and their intentions, especially men from her own nation.

But in a way, while Hinami is wounded, she doesn't hate Yasu, and definitely she doesn't link Yasu's bad behaviour and rudeness to the rest of the Lion clan. Her distrust to the Clans comes from politics.

Hopefully time will heal their relation. :P

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:17 am 

I won't say it will be impossible, but it will be difficult. Yasuhiro isn't really the forgiving type by nature, nor the type to really open himself up to people. He is taking a big chance with Utsusemi, and still leaving quite a bit out. Of course as I said before, he will treat Hinami polietly should they meet. Though I should probably admit I'm not sold on returning with Yasu, this game had a number of frustrations for me, most of which I won't name, and the idea of taking this Lion to a court game where he will likely be totally useless isn't a fun one. :P

We will see though.

Also on the note of the Imperials, it's not just Hinami that lowered his opinion.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:58 pm 

Will Yasuhiro ever switch over to firearms or learn how to use cannons? Or be okay with troops under him using firearms?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:24 am 

Yasu does not hate fire arms, though he seems no reason to use them personally. He can fire 4 arrows in the same amount of time a highly skilled musketman can fire 1, and at a longer range.

He'd use one if nessacary though, and He wouldn't might troops that used them.

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]