Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [D12 - EN] Unexpected Visit (Closed)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:49 am 

'' Pick up some eta or other undesirables along the street to do the 'dirty' work. As long I can see him suffer and the honor of the Hantei and the Imperial families is kept safe I could not care less who does it. The power of the Hantei and the imperial families must be seen and recognized by everyone. If honor failed to kept them in line, fear will do.'' She said. Hinami found that Haruka was quite interesting, maybe she was shared the same thoughts and ideas for the future that Hinami. Still she was a Crane so she still was a bit cautious about her.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:06 am 

Haruka nodded.

"In the future it will be better if you inform me sooner of any felony I could address, Seppun-sama. Imperial justice requires a collective effort, and reporting crimes is an important aspect of legal proceedings." She elegantly brought the cup to her lips. "I have discovered that the local militia garrison has proper facilities. A cage, a chamber for mechanical acquisition of testimony. If you want to watch the inevitability of the justice you advocate as well as a small token of my proficiency in my line of work please pay the place a visit tomorrow."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:20 am 

'' Good.'' She said with a neutral tone. '' I will be there then, Doji-san. That honorless excuse of a ningen must suffer and recognize his own failures to the celestial order before he dies.'' Hinami adds.

'' I do sincerely apologize for doubting you, Doji-san. Frustration won against my common sense. '' Hinami bowed to the magistrate.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:13 pm 

Haruka nodded.

"If I may be as bold as to advise something, your would be more comfortable with your choices if you increase your awareness of the Imperial Law under a good tutor. You would soon learn that many of your frustrations as you call them could find very satisfactory solutions."

Haruka allowed herself a small smile.

"Almost no-one is truly innocent."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 am 

Hinami chuckled. '' Imperial law has never been my strongest area of expertise but I do find merits in your comment, Doji-san. Maybe I should expand my knowledge of the law to better serve the Hantei family... ''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:53 pm 

Haruka nodded in agreement.

"I surmise we both return to Rokugan soon. Facing challenges at home from legal angle should be even more efficacious than here."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:41 am 

'' Hai, I guess. There are many things that have to be put in order back at home...'' Hinami sighed. '' Like my marriage and yours, for example.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:17 pm 

"Through my knowledge of Imperial laws and precedences I admit to being capable of influencing the Imperial Matchmaker's dicta to an extent."

Haruka remarked idly.

"I am of the mind that timing in making marital arrangements is instrumental to their success, and pressing such before a bachelorette accomplishes her true potential means to put her at a disadvantage in a misogynistic world."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:14 pm 

'' I agree with you Doji-san. I do believe that Miya Odorihime-sama didn't do a good job there. She rushed these processes, most of the betrothals she made failed because of that. I think that the process should had been much more meticulous, carefully inspected and studied to know all the existing variables...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:19 pm 

"I understand you've been forced to take up heavy commitments to avoid such prematurity before departure." Haruka sighed softly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:38 pm 

'' Hai, Something like that...'' Now Hinami was surprised by that comment. '' Well, Miya-sama used alot of his political power to postpone my marriage engagements.''

'' I'm not against marrying, that is a duty that must be fulfilled eventually. But I have many things to achieve first. Like you said I must reach my true potential.'' She explained.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:18 pm 

Haruka nodded.

"I am discovering that we are seeing eye to eye on many issues, Seppun-san, despite our initial differences. I wouldn't be opposed to helping you by enabling you to reach your potential unimpeded by those untimely considerations."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:22 pm 

'' Me too, Doji-san. Maybe we are not so different from one another.'' Sheconcur with the Doji magistrate. This was a useful information, maybe Haruka could be a good ally for her future plans. '' If you need aid or simply chat with someone, i will be honored if you think about me.'' She bowed to the Doji.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:04 pm 

"Of course." Haruka nodded and put her cup down. "I suppose I should not strain good custom any further and overstay my welcome."

[Hinami has an option to exchange her Obligation to Odorihime to an Obligation to Adisabah in 3-point batches.]

Page 2 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2