Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: One Steep Ahead (D13, EA)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:55 pm 

Utsusemi smiled politely. "I did not mention anyone or anything in particular, Shosuro-san, but seeing as you have..." Facts rarely mattered in politics, she knew.

"Hm, I had not heard of it, but... normally, such offers should not have to be made in the first place." She was a little disappointed that it had happened at all, having expected better of Anzai. "The offended party has only spoken of it to me, following a rather... difficult ordeal. Combined with this particular incident of which you speak, and some other insults suffered... as the Imperial Chaperone, I hope you understand that I too am concerned to hear of such behaviour. Especially since I hold you in high regard, Shosuro-san."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:02 pm 

"Of course. I only mentioned the incident because it honestly is the only thing I could think of where anyone could truly claim I had done something reprehensible where I would be a problem for the Empire." His smile disappeared, was it remorse that took it's place, or simple self reflection? "It was a tragic error on my part. I should have done better, but I allowed my arrogance in my skills to get the better of me. If I could change what had happened, through some divine might, I would. Especially as it may have cost more than any gain that could have happened." His lips pursed, as he looked to his tea.

"And knowing that you hold me in such regard, and to know that you know of what I speak, burdens my soul even more. My one great failing in this expedition, was that. I suppose I could have lied, could have hidden it. But that would be expected then, wouldn't it? Which is the point. To be able to tell the truth, when others expect the deception." He looked back to Utsusemi, lifting his mask to bare his face to her. "I am sorry to have disappointed you, Agasha-sama."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:38 pm 

She sighed softly. Much like how a mother would after their child had just admitted to a mistake.

"I will not berate you for what happened, Shosuro-san, and you shall not make any retribution against her for speaking to me about this... considering this, in a way, fell under my responsibility, as you acted inappropriately toward a fellow Explorer that jeopardized her honour."

Utsusemi sipped her tea once more. "Had you lied, then you would have given me no choice, but you upheld the virtue of Honesty. And for that, I shan't move against you."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:58 pm 

"Of course. Retribution would do nothing, and you are right, this did fall under your purview." He bowed his head. "But I would imagine it would not be believed that there was an honest scorpion amongst us." A slight chuckle as he took her qords in.

No. He wouldn't go after the Seppun princess. Not for this and not so soon, anyway. But Courts in the future? His training at Kyuden Bayushi could be quite deadly on it's own merit.

"Though I would be hard pressed to even attempt a lie against someone who I respect and who's esteem I seek."

Though I know you have a Dark Secret... I don't seek it out more because I value your friendship...

Not that she would know his inner thoughts.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:10 am 

"Thank you," her smile grew a bit warmer.

"As for your Ide-paramour... my advise still stand that you should not move too far there. If the prince and his commanders say you shall marry her for the sake of politics, then it is outside of my jurisdiction as well to a degree the Matchmaker's and your Lords... but unless that happens, do not be strayed by young love - remember that there could be dire consequences for you when you return, if you decide to take such matters into your own hands."

As she had before, she offered him honest counsel, but left it to his own good judgement to decide what to do with it.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:37 am 

"Of course. I don't run away from my duty." But it doesn't change my heart. "I will exercise prudence. Your advise and counsel does not fall upon deaf ears, Agasha-sama."

Yet he was a man of secrets. He would see what fate had in mind. Then take control of that fate.

"I appreciate how much you have helped me during this voyage. A shame we will be going our separate ways soon..."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:45 am 

"A shame, yes, but I am certain our paths will cross again," she offered kindly.

"My brother-in-law will be continuing the journey onward, and while I cannot say he can offer the same counsel I do, I would at least recommend him if you ever have a need for anything fixed or an interest in art-supplies. Sanjuro-san is quite the skilled craftsman and inventor." Utsusemi's smile turned sheepish, a rare sight to see from her. "And I may ask that you at least keep an eye on him, if possible - he is not the most sociable person and can be gruff at times... and I would not want for him to run into trouble because of it."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:11 am 

"You have my word. I will do all I can to lend him aid should he require it as we travel onwards. I wouldn't wish you to cause you any worry while we press onwards." He nodded in confidence.

"If on your way home, you pass through Scorpion lands, I hope you'd be able to see my family at Shosuro no Shiro. I'm sure they would love to meet you, and know who gave me such valuable advice."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:23 am 

"Thank you. It puts me at ease to know he will have friendly souls around to look after him." Utsusemi smiled with some relief.

"And I will certainly try, Shosuro-san," she inclined her head. "If you have a wish for a letter or anything else to be sent to your home, I can arrange that with ease through my honored sister within the Shosuro."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:48 am 

"I have a few, yes. I will make sure I get them to you before everyone departs." He bowed his head in thanks. "I also have arranged a letter to Kakita Otsuka-san's family. Through my sister in the Daidoji. I would be in your debt if you could ensure that one's safe delivery, as well."

His words in the letter were barely able to show his grief and sorrow, but it was something.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:52 am 

"Of course, it should be easy to arrange that." Utsusemi had her own sister among the Daidoji to send it to as well, ensuring that it would go to where it was needed. "I am only happy to do this favour for those who will be continuing onward, as I imagine it will be a great comfort for many to have word back from family."

A soft sigh. "If only it was easy to have missives and letters brought here as well."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:03 am 

"Perhaps one day, travel between here and there will be much more common, and such a network would be established." He tried to offer a reassuring smile.

"Could you imagine. Missives sent around the world with ease. The stuff of dreams, I'm sure."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:29 am 

Utsusemi chuckled. "Ah, that sounds like quite the fancy thought... hm, though still it would probably take quite some time for letters to cross the oceans. I doubt shugenja and the likes would hire out their services for faster communication, even if it is possible."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:42 pm 

"Still, one can dream." He laughed quietly with her, relaxing his posture into his seat. His eyes focusing on her, taking in the Dragon as she was.

"I do wonder when I will see home again. I miss the gardens." He seemed contemplative, wistful even. "And the celebrations. More so the little things. I was once asked, before we left, what I thought I would miss most. I didn't have an answer. I do now. The crimson lanterns. They were... always there. But not here. I didn't think I would miss them."

He chuckled again. "It's funny how the simple things are those that come to the forefront."

Page 2 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2