It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Mhysa! (Utsu Q&A)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:06 am 

I'm an open book.

Mostly...

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Mhysa! (Utsu Q&A)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:40 am 

So... which child is really Utsu's favorite?

Don't worry. We won't let the other one know.

More seriously, has Utsu's brush with Nothing changed her direction at all?

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:46 am 

That is really impossible to answer! :lol: Yoshino is her special little boy (first child and all), but she feels closer to Tsumugi for several reasons... though with her wanting to give more focus to Tsumugi to make up for Ryuden favouring Yoshino, the daughter might just be the favourite?

It's really hard! They're both so cute!

As for the Nothing.... still a lot of digesting the change and thinking about it for me, the player. I've never toyed much with the Nothing before, so it's something different and new to approach, while also taking into account the mental progress Utsu had during the course of the expedition.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:46 am 

Thank you for letting me use Utsu as a target for my Scorpion techs!

It was really interesting to interact with her. I do feel Anzai came away better as a person in dealing with Utsusemi. In the end, what did she come away with in dealing with Anzai? Does she see him as a mere rake, or truly a villain that all Scorpion get painted as?

Obviously, if you still want to explore her chastising/investigating the claims made against him by Hinai, you can hold back any answers ^^

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:07 am 

Oh? Utsu got hit with the Nothing now? Was that part of the story to begin with or did that come during game play?

Has Utsu come out how you envisioned her?

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:54 pm 

Shosuro Anzai wrote:
Thank you for letting me use Utsu as a target for my Scorpion techs!

It was really interesting to interact with her. I do feel Anzai came away better as a person in dealing with Utsusemi. In the end, what did she come away with in dealing with Anzai? Does she see him as a mere rake, or truly a villain that all Scorpion get painted as?

Obviously, if you still want to explore her chastising/investigating the claims made against him by Hinai, you can hold back any answers ^^

You're welcome!

And I am pleased to know that Anzai's character improved from interacting with Utsu. Seems like she has much more impact on people than she thinks. :lol:

She doesn't think he's a villain or a rake, but rather that he is young and impulsive - which leads him to making less than stellar choices sometimes. In her eyes, Anzai can be a true force to be reckoned with in the courts if he learns to control those flaws and matures a bit more. :D

Her being nice to him is also partly to that, as she sees him as being a future star in the courts at home, and thus she makes sure to place herself in a favourable position with him. ;)

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm 

Hida Ringo wrote:
Oh? Utsu got hit with the Nothing now? Was that part of the story to begin with or did that come during game play?

Has Utsu come out how you envisioned her?

She's had a brush with it, but escaped getting any Shadow Corruption... for now.

It was certainly not something I had in mind to begin with, or until it happened, to be honest. The Nothing is something I rarely think of or include much in my own ideas, as it is a "villain" I'm not really sure on how to deal with or understand.

Hmm... more or less? Personality-wise, she is how I envisioned her, but story-wise, I didn't have any plans really, so I just let myself be carried by the current.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:27 pm 

Thank you for being Ru's support away from home. Utsu's interactions with her actually had a significant role in Ru's maturing as a person and starting to be able to exist as an independent person.

Did any characters influence Utsu significantly (Kenzo is one, obviously)? And how?

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:35 pm 

Awww... ^^ *one more for the list of people Utsu influenced positively*

Hmmm... Bellena was certainly another who helped Utsu grow. As was Sanjuro.

Though both were in different ways. Bellena taught her that how much more there was in the world, and that her way wasn't the only way. If pushed, Utsu might have converted to Kharsis too, but in general she grew to have more respect for other beliefs and traditions thanks to Belle introducing her to it. And hanging out with Belle also helped her learn to have a bit more fun. :D

Sanjuro, despite all the complications there, was a lesson for Utsu in learning to let go. Of people, of the past, of things she can't control. She still believes she hurt him, despite what he says, but she is learning to let go of berating herself for it and rather move on - because she was overbearing and coddling him because of her feelings of guilt and remorse. So Sanjuro telling her to stop was also what she needed to hear to realise that she was hurting herself (and probably him) more with it.

Might be other little bits here and there, but those are the ones that come to mind. :D

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]