Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: [D0 - EE] Never Let Them See You Bleed
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:39 pm 

After the matchmaker's party fiasco, Hinami returned to her room given graciously by their father's vassal. Several female servants helped her to take off the heavy junihitoe she was wearing.

The ambient was tense and Hinami's mood was clearly affected but the room was silent like grave. No one dared to speak to the young Seppun as they took of layer by layer of the fine silk fabrics of her clothes.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D0 - EE] Never Let Them See You Bleed
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm 

There was a tap at the door, announcing Hikari's presence.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:51 pm 

'' Come in. '' Hinami said with a neutral tone that only increased the tension in the room. She turned around to see who dared to bother her right now. '' Oh, it is you. I will finish myself, leave us...'' Her order made the servant quickly bow and leave them alone.

a long pause and a long exchange of looks.

'' I expected you will come.'' She said as she cleaned her herself taking the white makeup from her face. ''So, did you come here to mock me? Seeing me like this would probably be inspire many jokes in the near future, right?''

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 pm 

Hikari looked at her for a while before finding herself a place to sit. "Do you really think I would do that?"

She sighed, thought about taking out some of her snacks but stopped herself realizing it'd probably cut out the ground from underneath the point she was making.

"I know how seriously you take these sorts of things. And I try to keep my jokes strictly away from my sister when she's in serious mode. No, I came to see if you were alright."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:17 pm 

'' hmph...'' Hinami used her characteristic pissed sound that she only uses in very personal situations. '' Good to know. Perhaps I should stay in my serious mode all the time from this moment onwards, Hikari.'' She continued cleaning her face and slowly tried to took off her clothes. It was a very difficult process as each layer of her kimono was very delicate.

another long pause.

'' It was nice of you to be worried about me, but i'm fine...'' Clearly the last part was a lie, Hinami didn't even bothered to change her tone of voice to make it sound credible. She was completely out of her 'courtier' persona here.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm 

"Well..."

She considered pointing out how everyone was likely to talk about the Miya instead of Hinami, but reconsidered going down that route. That might come across as patronizing, or worse.

"...when a bushi falls, he gets back up until he can do so no more. I'm sure it's similar for courtiers, neh? Just a minor setback."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:17 pm 

''... when a bushi falls, he is dead. '' She corrected Hikari's statement as she looked herself in a small mirror. '' But before you say anything, dear sister, i'm not stupid, I understood what you tried to say.'' Hinami adds.

She turned around looking for her makeup kit to put some 'normal' powder to her face. '' Tomorrow there will be rumours all over this city, you understand that?'' She said still with her neutral tone. '' Not just about me, but about Hantei-no-kimi shipwright as well. ''

'' They don't respect us...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 pm 

"And? What do you intend to do about it? You'll go on and soon they'll forget. From what I've gathered though, Miya-san's words are likely to linger for much longer, and possibly damage more than just his reputation."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm 

'' There. That's is the whole point I was trying to show you.'' She said. Finally the Seppun maiden took off the last layer of her junihitoe and looked around for some very normal kimono to put on. She needed to bath before putting on her more expensive furisode.

A long pause passed before Hinami finally clarify her point.

'' They are bold enough to spread rumours about the imperial families, which means the feel that there will be no consequences to their actions. That means they don't fear us, they don't respect us...'' She brushed her hair and then continued '' If they don't respect us, then what blocks them from, let's say, disrespect the Hantei family, eh? ''

'' They are like scavenging birds. One moment of weakness and they will attack you. We are the barrier that protects Hantei's-no-kami legacy. Without us they will soon unite against the Son of Heavens and his family. Without us the Empire will collapse as they fight each other, squabbling like the children they are.''

'' My recent stupidity and error just proved my point. Did you noticed how that Kakita quickly sided with Agasha Utsusemi-san? They were already targeting me. A glorified murderer was already there targeting the daughter of the Seppun daimyo, with impunity'' Her On broke for a moment. Her voice and her body shaked. It sounded like she wanted to cry but she refused to let her emotions flow freely.

'' But I will not let this happen again. I will not make the same stupid mistake in front of our enemies. ''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 pm 

"The Kakita would probably have tried to get involved even if it were a ronin instead of a Seppun princess. You know how they are, always just looking for an excuse to show off."

Her sister was starting to develop a bit of a persecution complex, in Hikari's eyes. But she tried to not be too dismissive.

"But still, I take it you're already thinking of ways to redirect scrutiny away from the Imperial families?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 pm 

'' Not yet. '' She said with her usual cold calm tone '' Like go, my first stone was a bad blind move. My opponents will have the terrain advantage now but it is only a matter of time before they overstretched themselves and I will be able to surround them.''

'' They can make their move, then I will destroy them completely. '' She said with confidence and pride.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 pm 

"You're pretty scary sometimes, Hinami-chan. You know that right?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:09 pm 

'' Nonsense. I am what I am '' She said. '' Why would a sweet innocent young girl be scary? right?'' She said with a innocent grin that amplified her scary persona.

'' In any case, what are you planning to do?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:19 pm 

"The Jade office can not be seen to get involved in such matters," she said, "it is not our place, and I'm pretty much out of my depth anyway when it comes to such things. I doubt either Kuni-dono or father would thank me if I made it appear as if the Jade office cared about gossip and rumor of a non magical variety. Do you disagree?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:29 pm 

'' hai, you are probably right. Also I doubt such a reaction is according to the law '' Hinami nods.

'' No matter, it was because of my own blindness that our family will be slandered tomorrow. I will see that anyone who bersmirch our name will repent his or her actions''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 pm 

"I need not tell you to take care in doing so. Too aggressive an approach can backfire after all."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 am 

'' hai, hai. I know. '' She said as she was now returning to be herself once again. '' So, what are you going to do later?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:18 pm 

"Later? There's patrols to be taken care of, and inter-office bureacratic mixups. Nothing I could bother you with."

Hey sis, did ya hear about the flying head going around murdering people? Yeah that'd go over well.

"Why? Did you have something else in mind?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:17 pm 

'' Since you said that we could go looking for my chest, some days ago, I though that we could go together. But your duties are paramount, I do not wish to bother you with such trivial things...'' She said.

'' Just tell me where I do find this shop that you told me about and I will go looking for it.'' She adds.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:29 pm 

"Ah yes, yes, of course we can go together. I thought you meant what I was doing this evening. Well, how about tomorrow?"

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]