Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Post subject: Don't lose your head [D0, EA, Seppun Law Enforcement]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 pm 

It was high time that Hikari had a talk with the local Seppun magistrates regarding a certain rumour floating about. Or rather the head floating around about which rumours abound. After a few minor bureacratic tossups in earlier days, she decided that a visit in purpose might clear things up; and so here she was, at perhaps a somewhat odd; or appropriate; time of the day, having announced her presence to whatever servants were present.

Last edited by Seppun Hikari on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Don't lose your head [D0, LE, Seppun Law Enforcement]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 pm 

She would soon learn that the governor had yet to appoint a chief magistrate for the city, still nominally holding his own position. Since she was their daimyo's daughter, the yoriki she spoke with didn't tarry and rushed out to ensure the governor would receive her. Once confirmation came, she was led into the House of Laurels, through the refurbished corridors that looked too Crane for Imperial halls. So was the office where Hassei received her.

"Cousin, please sit. I've been told you're here in official capacity."

Post subject: Re: Don't lose your head [D0, EA, Seppun Law Enforcement]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:45 pm 

She gave the man a bow appropriate to his station.

"That is correct, honored governor." She then took the offered seat, taking out her fan; more so that she'd have something to fidget with than anything else. "As you know, I have in recent months assumed the position of resident magistrate for the Jade office."

She chose her words in such a fashion as to hopefully minimize any potential offense. "It has been a trying time, and I confess there may have been one or two oversights on my part here and there in regards to matters of bureacracy."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:52 pm 

He returned the bow.

"I am aware. Oversights happen in transformative times even though we would wish otherwise. What matter in the Jade purview requires my involvement?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 pm 

She brought the closed fan to her lips for a moment. "It has come to my attention that there's been a string of certain incidents in the Dragon's Pan. I believe they take place only under Lord Onnatangu's full brightness? As I said, office transition has not been as smooth as one would wish, so reports on the matter the local magistracy sent my way must have gone missing. I would've been entirely unaware of the matter if not for some curious superstitions arising among the heimin."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:26 pm 

"And what is the communal severity of those incidents? Perhaps the reports haven't reached you because they've been beneath our attention. Heimin love their tall tales, urban legends and awkward superstitions. But then, we haven't had the expertise of the Jade office for a while. There had been a long vacancy before you arrived." He replied, apparently not moved by the revelation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:40 pm 

"As I understand it," she said, maintaining her On, "at least one fatal victim each month. Young women mostly, which makes it especially troublesome in the hearts and minds of the populace. Whether their superstitions hold truth to them, or whether they are merely the way in which the grieving try to make sense of things, that I can not yet say."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 pm 

"So, a monster rather than just some local riffraff?" Hassei shrugged. "Well, I am not going to supercede you on looking into this if this is your instinct."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:50 pm 

"Well, certainly a monster by any definition. Whether it is the human sort, we shall have to see. Of course, there is the matter of the impending expedition to consider. Myself and one of my yoriki will be joining, and during that time the Jade office may once again be in a transformative state. With that in mind, I believe it may be best for this to be a joint effort between my office and local enforcement, to ensure the stability of the investigation should it prove impossible to conclude before depature."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:02 am 

"Well, I'll increase patrols on full moon, but I don't think letting you wander around with a bunch of my men is a good idea. Not until you have a clue where to take them and what exactly you're going to face and do. Unless you've done the investigation already. Have you, cousin?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:18 am 

Hikari gave a smile like that of a cat that got the cream. "I believe I have expressed myself poorly. What I meant to say was that there should be an established line of communication and cooperation on this case. If our investigation does not yield complete results before my departure, then we shall have to see to it that those of the Jade office that remain behind should then lend their expertise to your men and continue the investigation alongside them."

She tapped her lips with the closed fan again. "Of course, ideally we would conclude the matter before then. I can assume your subordinates have more substantative leads than peasant superstition that we might follow? Locations of the incidents and such, at minimum? It would be a great help."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:27 am 

"I would not assume so. We rarely investigate sporadic peasant murders. But some of it should be there, gathered by people without a sense of selection what is salient and what is not. You have my permission to ask my men about it, and look into the documents." He sighed. "So I am going to be left with a vacancy again? This one may be longer, with your superior way down south for so long."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:43 am 

"Thank you," she said to the matter of documents and questioning his men, before turning to the matter of the vacancy. "It depends on the duration of the trip, one supposes. I'm sure one would agree that a voyage such as this, given those who will be travelling, should need all the aid and protection it can be given. And this city has fared well with those such as yourself at the helm, enough to give some comfort to me during my absence. Fortunes willing the city will not be without a jade magistrate for too long."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:57 am 

"Ah, so it's more a sabbatical than a vacancy. Good we have it cleared, cousin." He nodded. "Anything else?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:13 am 

"I have every intention of returning, though I shall make preparations should that prove difficult."

She rose, and gave him a bow.

"I believe that covers the extent of my official business. Glad to see our family's efficiency is as it has always been."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:42 am 

"In these trying times we have to be at our best." Hassei agreed, bowing back with a small smile. "Good hunting."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:12 pm 

"Indeed," she said, giving him another, smaller bow before departing.

/exit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:08 pm 

/scene

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]