Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 4 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: [Month 3, Dog 2, AFTERNOON] Yam Session
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 am 

Kenzo snorted laughter, even as his eyebrows went up. That certainly wasn't what he expected. But goodness, he was happy to hear a joke from her.

"I assure you, Utsu-sama." He said loftily. "Your husband and I enjoy a professional relationship, nothing more." He glanced at her through his lashes. "Besides, he's not really my type."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:51 am 

She managed a brief laugh too, seeing as how the tension was easened, even with such a horrible joke, and she picked up the knife again to get back to work.

"Oho? Then what is Kenzo-san's type then?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:05 am 

Beginning to peel once more, Kenzo shot her a quick grin. It was amazing how much better he felt. The feeling of her hands in his was still fresh in his mind, a lingering warmth.

"Oh..." He murmured teasingly. "Surely Utsusemi-sama wouldn't be interested in what my type is." His smile was as teasing as his tone. He paused in his peeling for a moment. "But I suppose I could tell you. If you promise to keep it secret." He looked at her expectantly, his eyebrows raised.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:09 am 

"Didn't think you were the type for secrets," she teased, enjoying the reprieve from concerns and worries of nightmares. Shifting her head to look at him, Utsu nodded. "But yes, I can always keep a secret for you. Seeing as you are my friend."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:18 am 

"Well, it's true. I don't keep many secrets. But there are a few very important ones." He said, looking down at his yam as he peeled it. He looked up as she turned her head, smiling at her.

"Hmmm..." He tapped his knife thoughtfully on the cutting board. "Well, to start, I adore competency. People who know things, people who can do things. But... I also enjoy a sense of play. A sense of humor. That's very important, in fact. I don't think I'd be interested in someone without one."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:27 am 

"Ah, is that so?" she mused, catching sight of his smile before coyly lowering her gaze. "Someone who can use humour to put you at ease, then?" Like they were doing for eachother now.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:42 am 

"Oh, yes." He agreed. His grin flashed again as she lowered her gaze. "That's very important. I hope she won't be afraid to laugh at my jokes from time to time, too."

"Hmmm..." He set aside another yam, pausing after for thought. "I suppose kindness is also vital. Kind to me, kind to... to her family-" A glance through his lashes at her. "I very much admire a woman who displays kindness with her actions."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 am 

Another yam passed into her hands. It wasn't the first time she had done something like this, at least not on this trip.

"Hm, I think we're agreed on that. Kindness, compassion, and care - it's hard to fall for someone without these traits, I'd say." Her head lifted slightly, stealing another look at him. "I'm surprised you're not saying what men usually say when they speak about what sort of woman they like. Things like 'she must have pale skin', or 'beautiful and demure'."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:45 pm 

"Ah..." Kenzo looked up, allowing his gaze to briefly pass along the curve of her shoulder, her braided hair, the line of her jaw, before finding her eyes. "Beauty is something I admire as well, believe me."

"But demure?" Kenzo began peeling once more. "There are near synonyms that I admire. Elegance. Grace. Whether effort-full or effortless." A quick flash of a grin. "But demure may make it harder for her to show her intelligence, or her humor. And really, any woman I'm with needs to be able to at gently nudge me when I've been talking about the seasonal habits of mountain goats for too long." He chuckled. "Although I hope she's willing to listed at least a little..."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:00 pm 

Noticing his gaze, her face flushed a little, even as she instinctively stretched her neck slightly so it wouldn't look like she was slumping. Tch, I'm growing sloppy in my manners posture on this trip...

With the reference to effort-full or effort-less grace, his grin was reflected with her own. It was why she had decided on the water-pattern for his kimono's embroidery... in addition to having an elegant simplicity to it that seemed to suit Kenzo's style. "Ah, well, it is easy to mistake demureness for lacking in intellect or humour. Though my father always would say it is better to remain silent and let others believe you a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm their impression," Utsu chided with a playful tone in return. "But I think I remember some long-winded talks about mountain goats... though I think my mind had left by the time it came to how the bucks established dominance."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:32 pm 

Kenzo laughed softly in return. "Your father was wise. There have been times I've wished someone would have given me that advice." His lips twitched. "And demure or not, I've never had difficulty seeing your qualities, Utsu-sama."

"Really?" Kenzo smiled sheepishly. "But that's one of the most interesting parts..." He shook his head, mock-sadly, before giving her another quick grin. "Well, really, I should thank you for the times you've redirected the conversation. And if you would ever like to hear the rest of that talk, ask me anytime.

His expression went suddenly serious, the memory of last night's dream suddenly intruding into the conversation. He set down the knife. Lifting his head, he sought her eyes with his own. "In fact, if you ever need anything, I hope you will consider asking me."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:42 pm 

"It is part of our training at Kyuden Doji, actually, to be able to keep a conversation flowing with all participants... so we often had to endure rather boring or tedious conversation," she chuckled, reminiscing of younger years back in the lands of the Crane. The more she thought about it, both Kyuden Doji and Kyuden Kakita were like gardens cultivating specific breeds of flowers. "So maybe I will ask about it some time, when I am at a loss for a conversational topic?"

Her hands were moving almost mechanically as they had found their rythm in applying the knife to the yam. "Hm?" she lifted her gaze at him as she seemed to be seeking eye-contact, and the sudden seriousness of his expression caught her off-guard. "Hai, of co--!" she stopped abruptly as she bit down hard on her lip. The loss of concentration had made one hand move out of rythm of the other, causing a cut of the knife into the finger instead.

"...Ow," she exhaled through almost clenched teeth. There was hardly any blood, at least that she could see after having covered her injured finger. Maybe it was just a shallow cut?

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:13 pm 

Kenzo winced visibly at the flash of pain on Utsusemi's face. His eyes had caught the movement of her hands, snapping quickly down to make the connection.

His own knife dropped to the counter as he stepped towards her, moving before he was even consciously aware of doing so. His hands found hers, strong, but gentle and warm, bringing them up a little. His step had brought them together, closer now than even when they'd held hands for reassurance, close enough that he could sense her nearness.

He lowered his head, now not far from hers, to look at her hands. "Are you okay, Utsu-sama? Let me see..." Still gently, but with a steady pressure, his hands eased hers apart, the better to reveal the extent of her injury.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:27 pm 

"Y-yes, it's fine," Utsu inhaled sharply.

She let him pry her hand open, and seeing that there was only a little blood from a cut that had only taken some of the skin, she felt her face burn red with embarrassement of having reacted so exaggeratedly over it all.

"... it's just a small cut..." her brows furrowed, "it stings more than it hurts."

The red in her face remained as she was taking in how close he was, and the tenderness of how he held her hands. Well... maybe getting a small cut wasn't so bad if it meant this, even if it was not exactly a proud moment.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 pm 

Kenzo studied the cut carefully. After a few moments, he made a tsk, tsk noise with his tongue. With that same gentle steadiness, he folded the fingers of that hand together, squeezing them to apply a little extra pressure. "You're right. It's not very deep. It should stop in a minute." He continued to hold that hand closed, even as he idly held her other hand, thumb rubbing gently against the back of it, just as she'd done to him, before.

His chin tilted upwards, a little smirk on his lips. "See? Better already." He said, his voice soft. He was suddenly aware of how close they were. Aware of the blue of her eyes, the flush in her cheeks. Her lips... his eyes lingered there as he breathed slowly in and out.

Last edited by Mirumoto Kenzo on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm 

The pink lips pressed against eachother with some trepidation. Utsu felt his studying gaze more than she could see it, and even as much as she wanted it, the words of the nightmare bubbled to the surface of her mind.

It was improper, wasn't it? She shouldn't be doing this.

"... Someone will see," she said weakly, not wanting him to let go even if she knew she should put some distance between them, but she was incapable of managing to even tear her hands free of his hold.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:07 pm 

The words gave Kenzo a moment of pause, halting his forward motion before it even began. But a quick glance around told him that, at least for the moment, they were alone.

He smiled at her, his eyes warm. "It's okay. It's just us. For one moment, it's just us." He was determined to make the best of it.

Ever so slowly, he leaned in, his lips seeking hers. If they met, his lips were rougher than that first day they kissed, but they moved against hers with the same tender passion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:28 pm 

She did not shy away from him as the distance between them became smaller, until it was almost completely gone. How could she, when she wanted it too.

Her eyes fluttered close as she felt the rough lips against hers, which were still soft and inviting like they had been before. Hands shifted slightly to entangle her fingers with his. Utsusemi lingered in the kiss for a while, before willing herself to break away. A stolen moment like this was all she could afford in this place.

"... We should get back to work," she said quietly, her lips curved in something almost like a smile as some of her worry and tension had slipped away for now.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:12 am 

Their lips met. Kenzo allowed himself to be lost in the moment. His eyes closed, allowing him to focus on the sensations, the softness of her lips, the warmth of her hands as her fingers entwined with his. It was only a number of seconds, but he savored every one, making the most of one of these rare chances they had.

He murmured softly as their lips parted, his eyes slowly opening. "Of course, Utsu-sama." He said quietly, unable to hide his own smile. After another moment, he released her hands, moving back to his spot at the table.

After a few moments, he gave her a quick smile. "It doesn't hurt anymore, does it?" He nodded towards her hand.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:33 am 

Hesitantly, she picked up the knife, knowing it would have to be rinsed and cleaned before she could continue to use it. A small part of her was looking forward to getting off the ship, to be able to scrub herself down, and tend to her hands and skin. Seeing the line of the cut on her finger was a reminder of how much she had been pushing herself on this trip, along with the less than perfect condition of her hands...

What would Ryuden say, seeing me like this?

Her lips quirked slightly, and her thoughts snapped back into the now as she heard Kenzo speak. "... You're right. It doesn't hurt anymore," Utsusemi said, shooting a smile back at him as she started to clean the knife.

"Did you have to do chores like this when you were training with the Mirumoto?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 4 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next