Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [LM 4] First meeting.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:12 pm 

More skilled hands than hers had taken over so she re-mounted Bishounen and took to riding along the beach, looking for others who had yet to be discovered.

She moved her hand to cover the sun from her eyes. Yes, she was making out movement across the shallows. It was unlikely help had made it across water, and she hoped she was in time to keep away those who were taking advantage of the tragedy. Bishounen handled the waters as easily as deep sands, and soon she was to the other side where the figures had been moving about.

Akaichou reined her horse and dismounted, noticing the two she encountered were both wearing kimono-like garments. They were similar to ones she owned, though was not wearing at the moment. She would try her mother tongue first. She kept her voice soft, her body relaxed. Communication was about more than mere words.

"Are you injured? Do you need help?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

Post subject: Re: [LM 4] First meeting.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 pm 

Hikari and companion were, presumably, still stuck on the shoal that contained the shipwreck they'd found themselves in. Neither of them would've been in any condition to make a long trek out. The best she could've done for now was to make sure her belongings were in reasonable shape. Her scrolls had been taken out of their satchel, and had been drying in the sun; clothes of course would have to wait given that she was not inclined to go full nudist.

When the sound and sight of someone approaching on horseback came, she'd gathered up her scrolls as quickly as possible given the physical state she was in, and placed them back into the satchel. It was unlikely anyone stealing them could break the imperial ciphers, but she had no idea what the natives were capable of. She'd also risen to her feet, though it was obvious just to look at her that she was severely weakened and in no condition to fight. Still, she made a good show of straightening her back.

Her clothes were; or had been, before the storm; quite fine indeed, even though they represented her spare outfit she was still a princess and thus not really allowed to look like a mere commoner. In addition to the scroll satchel, she also carried a wakizashi at her side, as well as two very intricately carved statuettes fastened with an equally intricate piece of jewelry. Around her neck, however, dangled a pendant of jade that was little more than a crudely carved rock.

Should the Ide be at all familiar with iconography, she would surely notice the proudly emblazoned mon of her family on her attire. The Seppun family mon itself might not be immediately familiar, but they were the only samurai in the empire; apart from the Hantei themselves; allowed to carry the imperial Chrysanthemum as part of their mon.

"I am Seppun Hikari," she said, trying to sound as authoritative as she could despite the weakness of her voice.

"And," a weak smile, "I have no idea what you're saying."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 pm 

Akaichou had been taught Rokugani as a matter of course in her studies. She'd never come across someone who spoke it as their native tongue. She stood there a moment taking in the situation before her. There was a mon still easily seen on the girl's clothes. A wakizashi at her side. The kimono... These people really could be from Rokugan!

Her questions and curiosities would have to wait. With far less propriety she would normally converse with, she opened lines of easier communication.

"But I understand you perfectly." She couldn't help the smile or the sparkle in her violet eyes. "I am Ide Akaichou. Please, sit and rest Seppun-san, you're injured. I won't hurt you. I have water."

She went to Bishounen's saddle bag and produced a water skin, rubbing the horse's withers as she returned to Hikari and proffered the drink. They were both undoubtedly dehydrated.

Akaichou's dress, except lavender, higher neckline, and un-shiny ^_~

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:01 pm 

Even if she were in a state to be wrecking her brain about such matters; and she was not; Hikari probably wouldn't know the first thing about this girl and her family. Even still, it'd be impossible to not realize the fact she was being spoken to in Rokugani was significant. And potentially problematic for reasons far beyond what could be addressed here and now. Part of her stayed on guard, wary of the offer being extended.

But the other part gave the girl a bow; and then looked toward her companion. For a brief moment she considered whether this required the three refusals... but the fact she was even considering that was probably because she hadn't drank proper water in too long and was still delirious.

"He is Shiba Isamu-san," and then back to strange company before sitting down. "I thank you for the offer,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:05 pm 

Akaichou bowed as she handed over the promise water. She did the same toward Isamu. Manners seems important to Hikari, even in this state. Akaichou had suspended that part of her mind and training for the moment but it quickly came back to her upon seeing it from people who must be in a great deal of pain at the moment.

"Please forgive me my informal introduction. You should also know my Rokugani has limits. I make apologies now for future mistakes."

Bishounen began to fuss a bit. Neither of them were terribly used to being in the sea. Akaichou went to calm him, only just realizing these two may not be able to leave this cursed shoal of their own accord. After reassuring him, she returned and settled by Hikari.

"There are many of your people that way." She motioned toward the shore. "Will you be able to get there on your own? Bishounen is strong; he could carry both of you. I would lead him, if you'd allow me when you're ready." She gestured to her horse. "Take your time. I don't know much about medicine. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, and that this happened to you."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:20 pm 

"With effort we'll manage," she said.

Clearly they were in no condition to be making the trip. Not without immense difficulty.

One of the statuettes at her side, carved in the shape of what looked like a person, turned out to actually be a small container. Hikari took it in her hand and opened it up, pulling out what looked like small items of food. Snacks rather. She carefully licked one of them.

"Looks like these were safe at least," she said, satisfied. Then popped it into her mouth, before offering one to the woman. It was some sort of rockcandy. No doubt very sweet in taste.

"And it's good that others made it too."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:28 pm 

Yogo Akarei stumbled upon her fellow shipmates among the wreckage and the strange woman attending to them. She kept one hand on the hilt of her blade and the other on her scavenged herbs as she walked out to address them. "I am going to assume that you have been helping her," the redhead announced, unsure if the strangely-dressed woman even understood her, "And for that I am most grateful." One of the waves crashed into her, causing her to stumble a bit, but otherwise she tried to keep up her tough demeanor.

She then looked over to the candies and then to her superior. "I suppose the kami saw it fit to bless you in some way, Seppun-sama."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:52 pm 

Isamu had kept his tongue through the exchange. Although it was clear that with the injury to his left arm and his unsteady stance he was in no condition to fight, his right hand rested on his katana hilt, ready to try his damnedest if it came to that.

Clad in what was now a very battered suit of red coloured light armour sans helm, he kept a wary eye on the Ide. Bowing carefully as he was introduced, he accepted the proffered water as he tried to figure out the significance of the newcomer speaking Rokugani.

At the arrival of the Yogo, he bowed carefully once more. I'm glad to see that you made it out of that as well, Yogo-sama." He held back the many barbed words in his head, keenly aware of the Ide's presence. Later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:02 am 

Akaichou smiled and spoke quietly, "I thank you, Seppun-san." As she reached for the candy another figure appeared. A woman, red hair, and clearly with protective instincts. She recognized that stance, even if it was covered in burden at the moment. Akaichou inclined her head, "Please excuse me, Seppun-san; Shiba-san."

She rose and unconsciously dusted her clothing off as she hurried to the new-coming survivor. She bowed. "I am Ide Akaichou. I wish our meeting were under better circumstances. Please, lean on me to get to Seppun-san more quickly," she offered herself as a makeshift and temporary crutch. "I have water and a horse. I'll help you get to the mainland."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 am 

Crappily as she was feeling, Hikari could still offer an amused smirk at the sight of Akarei being offered a human crutch, but didn't otherwise say anything right away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:13 am 

As much as she could, the woman returned the bow. "Likewise, Shiba-san. Say, have you seen the Agasha around?"

The redhead stared at the Ide through her mask. She then let out a harsh sigh and began to make her way over without accepting the offer. "I'll manage. I'm the first officer of the ship, not some inexperienced child playing in the ocean."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:19 am 

"How is the ship?"

Hikari had, by now, correctly identified the fact that the shipwreck they were in the presence of was *not* one of the ships of the fleet. So at least that possibility had been ruled out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 am 

"I haven't seen the Agasha, sorry."

If you're such a good officer, why are we in the state we're in? He didn't say it out loud, but he thought it quite loudly. It wouldn't do to bicker in front of the stranger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:50 am 

The Ide inclined her head respectfully to the woman walking beside her. "My sincere apologies. No insult was meant." She smiled softly and continued to walk silently beside her until they reached the others should she change her mind, or actually collapse despite her claims.

"Shiba-san, your arm seems injured. We could use my wrap to make a..." Akaichou fumbled for a word for the first time. She walked over and reached for the wrap she'd left on Bishounen. She made a motion indicating a sling. "To hold your arm in place?" She hoped that explained things.

She shielded her eyes from the sun as she looked up. "We need to get you some shade and more to drink. Bishounen can likely only carry two of you through the water. One will have to wait or walk alongside. I'll hold his reins and guide him. He is nervous with new riders but will be fine if I'm there."

She pet her horse; he'd need some extra attention before he retired tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 am 

Akarei forged her path through the waters. Though she was bruised and weakened, she managed to press onward without collapsing into the ocean. "The ship survived and many of the sailors have been found or are otherwise safe. It would appear that, while we have undergone a setback, it will not be too damning. We can recover for a few days and be ready to sail."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 am 

"Hmm good," she grunted and got back up, painfully slowly.

"We can move now," Hikari looked to Akaichou, "but I will want to know how it is you speak Rokugani."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:28 am 

Akaichou raised her eyebrows and smiled. "I must admit I wondered the same of you," she stated as she turned and brought Bishounen closer to the group so they did not have to walk even a few extra steps. "I would be happy to exchange tales when we get some real food and more water for all of you."

"Which of you will ride? Remember, the third can always rest here and I can come back."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:33 am 

"Take the other two. I was not thrown overboard," she admitted. The Yogo looked to the strange foreigner and back to Hikari. "Interesting question indeed. I have a few theories but there's not much time to think about those right now."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:39 am 

Isamu indicated with a gesture that the sling was unnececessary before moving to assist the rising Seppun.

He kept quiet for the moment, but would go along with whatever was agreed upon. He was not in much of a condition ti argue, although he did his best to maintain his dignity. He had sat on a horse before, but the difference between that malnourished pony and this beast was like night and day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:41 am 

Hikari did her best to stay composed as she needed help getting on the horse.

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next