Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 5 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: The Rains In Spain (Dog 7, Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:08 pm 

"And we will bring honor to the person she was," she said with a firm nod. "The more I hear of her from you, the more I wish I had had the chance to meet her once myself... the world needs more gracious and kind souls as hers."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:48 pm 

Bellena nodded, “There’s a lot of good out here. Really good people with the proper perspective. I hope you get to meet more like her.”

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:59 pm 

"I hope so too," she smiled kindly to Bellena, "but I have at least met one for this journey, mi amiga."

"And it has been quite the journey too. Who would have thought we would see ningyo the other day..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:35 pm 

“I’ve heard men claim to see them before... but that was a new experience even for me.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 pm 

"I always thought it was fairytales myself... or just seafarers playing tricks on unsuspecting folks. Guess I will consider it differently now," she chuckled.

"Now I wonder what other sights we might see on the way that we have only heard of in stories before."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:15 pm 

“What stories have you heard?” She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:20 pm 

"Hmm, I have heard stories that the Dragon King of the Sea has his palace in the deepest depths of the ocean; built out of red and white coral, from where he controls the tides and waves with powerful gems and pearls. Sea turtles, jellyfish, and many other denizens of the sea serve as his retainers and servants." The tip of her fingers touched her lips as she thought of the stories she knew. "I don't think I would be ready for such a royal encounter."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:32 pm 

She chuckled and smiled, “I’m afraid no one I know who was gone to the bottom of the sea has ever come back.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:37 pm 

"Can't say I know anyone either who have done so," she chuckled once more, "but it is a fairytale I have heard a few times. I'm certain there are many more stories out there too that we have not heard before in Rokugan. The ocean is a vast place full of mystery, so it is only natural we add legends and tales to it."

"And like we saw with the ningyo, sometimes there is truth to the stories."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:41 pm 

She nodded, “Sometimes the truth is even grander.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:42 pm 

She gave a nod.

"Seeing as you have travelled so far and wide, have you had any similar encounters like with the ningyo? Such as meeting something you believed to only be myth and legend?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:26 am 

"Hmmm... Back home there is something called a Guajona. A witch like woman who sucks the blood from people... I always thought it to be a fairy tale to get kids to behave correctly... but in this world. There are frightening people who very much resemble... and exceed the type of evil of a Guajona... both in the Burning Sands and the Ivory Kingdoms."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:46 am 

Utsu suppressed a shudder, thinking of similarly scary tales of home.

"... 'Tis true, there are people whose evil surpass those of scary stories..." she frowned slightly. "Makes it more important for good actions, to outweigh all the bad."

"Though I hope I never run into this Guajona. Or too many of its similar ilk... can't escape them all, sadly." Of course she wouldn't say it straight out that there were some on the voyage.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:48 am 

"What's the Rokugani equivalent?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 am 

"Uhm, there is something called a Pennaggolan? I'm not really sure about it, but I heard that it is some evil spirit, that is only a floating head, and it possesses the body of the dead to walk around in society, where it will feed upon unsuspecting victims at night."

She had heard some gossip about something of the kind in Dragon's Guard City, but dismissed it as idle chatter of bored courtiers who did not know what else to think of unrest happening in the streets at night.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:12 am 

She chuckled, “Human imagination is a truly impressive thing.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:47 pm 

"It truly is," she agreed with a brief chuckle. "And we shall have to use it for creative purposes soon too; the temple will be quite a challenge, I imagine."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 pm 

She nodded, "Finding a place for it will be our first challenge... what types of places are most suitable for such a thing?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:56 pm 

"Usually, temples and shrines are located away from where the general populace lives, if the situation allows. It puts the building less at risk during fires, and for the monks it provides some distance from the busy noises of life around them."

She tapped her chin in thought. "For something like this, I suppose a location with beautiful surroundings or scenery is most suitable?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:57 pm 

"Dragon's Guard City had theirs on top of a mountain of sorts... is that normal?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

Page 3 of 5 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next